Writing Competition - Win 5,000 Baht

Guest IT Manager

Guest IT Manager

If you are a budding writer, we are runnning a competition for you. Thaivisa will provide an accommodation prize, to the value of 5,000 baht to the winner.

Competition Format:

Open form prose, about, and only about, life in Thailand.

Rules:

• Must be about Thailand
  • Maximum 2,000 words, in English
  • Submit to [email protected] in plain text or MS Word Format
  • Last submission Midnight (Thailand) April 13 2004
  • All entries will be accessible for members to read.
  • Admins of Thaivisa.com will not be judges.
  • Avertisers and staff of advertisers on Thaivisa.com will not be judges.
  • Judges may not make submissions.
  • Names of entrants will be withheld until after the Judging.

The names of the Judges will be released by the end of March 2004.

The entries will be available for all members to view as soon as they are submitted.

A link to new entries will be placed here.

The judges decision will be final.

There will only be one prize. First.

Lets see what you guys and girls can do...

Guest IT Manager

I am happier with pseudonyms but it isn't a rule. We may elect to remove names from the submissions until after posting, then add them after judging. Essentially, if you are a member, don't use your forum name. We reserve the right to delete them to make it as fair as possible, that way anyone can have a go, and the judges cannot be accused of bias. The issue of emailing submissions is part of that. We can edit out the name of the author before posting it but maintain the name in the management system.

IT

• 2 weeks later...
Guest IT Manager

Mouse what format have you sent it in? Can you send it as a text attachment to an email or in the actual body of an email. I have discussed it with our Sales manager, who is running it, and he tells me it certainly hasn't come through.

The board email servers have stringent filtering, but word docs come through daily.

IT

Guest IT Manager

Apologies members. We changed servers on the weekend ad I forgot to move my server.

Going through 327 emails from you now.

IT

Mouse what format have you sent it in? Can you send it as a text attachment to an email or in the actual body of an email. I have discussed it with our Sales manager, who is running it, and he tells me it certainly hasn't come through.

The board email servers have stringent filtering, but word docs come through daily.

IT

I sent a story, The day I lost my wife, word attachment to an email, a few days back but nothing, zilch, has appeared so far.

To all of you who have sent in articles:

I am having a backlog of unpublished articles, due to a heavy work burden, and some problems with the article database. All articles will be posted next week. We are also considering to extend the deadline for articles to end of April instead of end of March.

Sorry for any inconvenience!

/George

• 2 weeks later...
Posted: Sun 2004-03-14, 10:19:13

To all of you who have sent in articles:

I am having a backlog of unpublished articles, due to a heavy work burden, and some problems with the article database. All articles will be posted next week. We are also considering to extend the deadline for articles to end of April instead of end of March.

Maybe we should vote to have your super from supermember removed. I would recommend a course located at http://www.achievement.com/evelynread.htm

:o

###### will have the system with add_articles up and running asap, I am told today.

Sorry for the long delay, I am working with this site at least 14 hrs a day, and can't just keep up with the work load. We will very soon have more people trained for working with the backend system.

Guest IT Manager

Ladies and Gentlemen,

After struggling with a new software (excuse) for the past week, I have it.

PLEASE resubmit your articles via PM (in the body) with a title, and they will go up as they arrive.

Sorry for the delay, it was me being a school kid again, with a book, not a techer.

Mea Culpa.

IT/Software Idiot