Honda Phantom 200Cc 2007 Silver

Giggsy

Please could somebody tell me how much an immaculate Honda Phantom Silver Model with Chrome Bars and Rack would be worth.

It only has 7600 km on the clock. It truly is in brilliant condition !! Green Book. Everything legal biggrin.png

+/- B60,000, although I have seen one advertized for more than B70,000 and less than B55,000. Add-ons don't affect the selling price very much. I have never seen a low mileage, 2007 sell for less than B50,000. The Phantom TA200 is discontinued -- there is no new Phantom available at the moment, so Phantoms in good condition with low kms tend to hold their value. The silver color will take a thousand + Baht off the price, but if you ask B60k you should get an offer reasonably close to that. There will be a new Phantom 250cc sometime this year, and when it comes out the old Phantom 200 will fall significantly in price IMO.

Edited by Thailaw

+/- B60,000, although I have seen one advertized for more than B70,000 and less than B55,000. Add-ons don't affect the selling price very much. I have never seen a low mileage, 2007 sell for less than B50,000. The Phantom TA200 is discontinued -- there is no new Phantom available at the moment, so Phantoms in good condition with low kms tend to hold their value. The silver color will take a thousand + Baht off the price, but if you ask B60k you should get an offer reasonably close to that. There will be a new Phantom 250cc sometime this year, and when it comes out the old Phantom 200 will fall significantly in price IMO.

Thankyou for the info. Really usefull. One question ! Why isthe silver model, less value ? Thanks

Thankyou for the info. Really usefull. One question ! Why isthe silver model, less value ? Thanks

Silver and gold are not very popular/desirable colors for the Phantom, although the silver is better than the gold IMO. Neither is brown on the PCX, for example. The most popular colors for the Phantom are the red/orange and the black fire editions (flame decal on the tank). Those two seem to sell much faster when advertized for sale. There's a guy selling a 2006 Phantom with 5,500 km (you may have seen his add; it looks like your ad may be just above his ad on the same site) for B69,000 (firm price). He says "This is certainly the best colour for the bike and the best Phantom I have seen. The metallic red against the chrome looks outstanding." I tend to agree with what he says, although that probably won't get him the price he is asking for a 2006, unless he finds someone desperate for a red one. Like a friend of mine used to say "there's an ass for every seat", so you just never know.......

for 60 or 70k your almost at cbr 250 prices and the new phantom is rumoured to be coming soon also with a more powerful engine

so now is probably not the best time to overpay for a 6 year old bike

how much did they cost new anyway ? under 100k probably

for 60 or 70k your almost at cbr 250 prices and the new phantom is rumoured to be coming soon also with a more powerful engine

You can make all of the worthless/meaningless comparisons you want. The fact is people will pay B60,000 (or more) for a Phantom 2007 or newer, in good condition and with low mileage -- full stop. That is what the OP asked -- "what is it worth?" I am not a priest (thank God!) -- I don't know what is "fair" (and I really don't care and I don't expect that the OP does). There are no new Phantoms available for sale. They stopped being made in 2010. Anyone that wants one must buy used. It is a pretty unique type of bike and has a following of riders in Thailand. And the supply of good condition used Phantoms is limited. Mityon had a low mileage 2008 or 2009 Phantom (but not in the best condition) at the end of last year for B89,000 -- that was the price of a new Phantom in 2010!

It is rumoured that there will be a new 250, fuel injected, Phantom out this year. I was told in early 2012 that it would be out in November 2012. It is now March 2013 and it still isn't here. They say now "this year", but won't even venture a guess as to when. And how much will it cost when it is available -- B100k, B125k, B150k or more? If the price is high enough, the old Phantoms in good condition could actuall rise in price, who knows. The wrong time to "overpay" for a Phantom -- nonsense! I sold my red "show room condition" 2007 Phantom with less than 5,000km in 2011 for B61,000. The guy that bought it from me drove it for 1 year and sold it recently for B65,000 in 1 day. "The market is the market" -- and your B40k price isn't in it. Next......

• Like 2

You can make all of the worthless/meaningless comparisons you want. The fact is people will pay B60,000 (or more) for a Phantom 2007 or newer, in good condition and with low mileage -- full stop. That is what the OP asked -- "what is it worth?" I am not a priest (thank God!) -- I don't know what is "fair" (and I really don't care and I don't expect that the OP does). There are no new Phantoms available for sale. They stopped being made in 2010. Anyone that wants one must buy used. It is a pretty unique type of bike and has a following of riders in Thailand. And the supply of good condition used Phantoms is limited. Mityon had a low mileage 2008 or 2009 Phantom (but not in the best condition) at the end of last year for B89,000 -- that was the price of a new Phantom in 2010!

It is rumoured that there will be a new 250, fuel injected, Phantom out this year. I was told in early 2012 that it would be out in November 2012. It is now March 2013 and it still isn't here. They say now "this year", but won't even venture a guess as to when. And how much will it cost when it is available -- B100k, B125k, B150k or more? If the price is high enough, the old Phantoms in good condition could actuall rise in price, who knows. The wrong time to "overpay" for a Phantom -- nonsense! I sold my red "show room condition" 2007 Phantom with less than 5,000km in 2011 for B61,000. The guy that bought it from me drove it for 1 year and sold it recently for B65,000 in 1 day. "The market is the market" -- and your B40k price isn't in it. Next......

i take it the overpriced phantom for sale is yours then ? thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

is there any evidence that Honda are putting a 250 cc version onto the market ?

sadly I think it is only phantom talk .

coffee1.gif

"Everyone" -- several sales reps at several different Honda dealers -- all say that a new 250cc, fuel injected Phantom, using the same engine as is in the CBR 250 is coming. They say it is coming "this year", but no one will say when. I thought that they might announce the new Phantom was coming when they recently announded several new Honda models in Thailand, including the Forza, but it was not in that group. I am pretty sure that it is coming. I just cannot imagine that they will leave that segment of the market totally empty -- the Phantom was a popular bike. So, the "evidence" is hearsay, but it is, I think, more than just talk. I really don't think that 250cc, even fuel injected, is enough if they keep the frame the same. They really need to offer a 400cc+ Phantom -- that is, however, purely "Phantom talk".

Anyone with internet access can see theres at least 5 phantoms for sale in the 40-50k price range ,

an underpowered cruiser that originally cost 80k 6+ years ago is not worth 60-70k now

dream on guys

especially as a better one is due to hit the streets with a bigger engine and modern fi technology

If they bought out a 400 based on the CBR250 engine it would be interesting. Maybe, just maybe enough to shacke the "Cheap Charlie" image it has garnered over the years.

Anyone with internet access can see theres at least 5 phantoms for sale in the 40-50k price range ,

an underpowered cruiser that originally cost 80k 6+ years ago is not worth 60-70k now

dream on guys

especially as a better one is due to hit the streets with a bigger engine and modern fi technology

Yes it is. Very convenient, practical, easily maintained bike. Underpowered, true, but so what in all the traffic?

Nobody knows when a better one will be available. Just talk; maybe never. If so, sell the old Phantom, buy the new one.

dream on guys

There may well be some Phantoms for sale for between B40 and B50,000, but NOT a 2007 or newer one, with less than 8,000km and described to be in "brilliant condition". You want to compare apples and oranges to try to justify your nonsense post, be my guest. A quick check on the TV classified found the following five Phantoms for sale. Three of the 5 Phantoms are offered at B60,000 or more. Two bikes are offered at B47,000 -- one of those has 49,000 km on the clock and one is a 2004!!!! No Phantom has an asking price near B40,000, none. I found one ad from April 2012 for a 2004 Phantom with 12,350 km on the clock; asking price B65,000 -- the bike was SOLD! Used bike prices are all over the place, but B60,000 for a 2007 Phantom with less than 8,000km and in excellent condition is pretty much on the money as far as asking price is concerned, no matter what is is that you think you have found.

Related ads
Honda

Phantom 200cc 2007

Sunday, 03 March 2013

Honda_phantom_200cc.jpg

Honda Phantom 200 cc Silver Model. Year 2007. This is an immaculate Honda

Phantom. Owned by a 75 year old bike enthusiast who took exceptional care of the

bike. ONLY 7600KM on the clock. Front and... more.jpg

Chon Buri/Pattaya/Bang Lamung/Pattaya, 65000THB, added in Motorcycles

Honda

Phantom Fire Edition

Thursday, 21 February 2013

8_24_12_003.jpg

2008 model 26 K on clock many extra options includes crash bar not shown. The

bike is in showroom condition and runs like a clock. 2 new tires at 25K. more.jpg

Chiang Mai/Mueang Chiang Mai, 60000THB, added in Motorcycles

HONDA

PHANTOM CUSTOM FOR SALE

Friday, 15 February 2013

Sam_02028.jpg

HONDA PHANTOM CUSTOM EDITION WITH CHOPPER STYLE HANDLEBARS AND REAR CARRY

CASES FOR SALE. This is a cracking bike which has served me well. Regular

services and oil changes. 49,000 km on the... more.jpg

Phuket/Mueang Phuket, 45000THB, added in Motorcycles

Honda

Phantom. 2004, Low Km.

Wednesday, 13 February 2013

Phantom_1_resize.jpg

Honda Phantom 2004, 200cc. 2 Falang owners. Good Condition. New Battery. 9020

km. 47,000 baht ono. more.jpg

Chon Buri/Pattaya/Bang Lamung/Pattaya, 47000THB, added in Motorcycles

Honda

Phantom 2009-13500 km first owner

Friday, 08 February 2013

Photo00231.jpg

BARGAIN. Honda Phanthom 200 CC. only 13500 Km like new. First owner and only

one driver. Directly available. more.jpg

Chon Buri/Pattaya/Bang Lamung/Pattaya, 60000THB, added in Motorcycles

• Like 1

dream on guys

There may well be some Phantoms for sale for between B40 and B50,000, but NOT a 2007 or newer one, with less than 8,000km and described to be in "brilliant condition". You want to compare apples and oranges to try to justify your nonsense post, be my guest. A quick check on the TV classified found the following five Phantoms for sale. Three of the 5 Phantoms are offered at B60,000 or more. Two bikes are offered at B47,000 -- one of those has 49,000 km on the clock and one is a 2004!!!! No Phantom has an asking price near B40,000, none. I found one ad from April 2012 for a 2004 Phantom with 12,350 km on the clock; asking price B65,000 -- the bike was SOLD! Used bike prices are all over the place, but B60,000 for a 2007 Phantom with less than 8,000km and in excellent condition is pretty much on the money as far as asking price is concerned, no matter what is is that you think you have found.

Related ads
Honda

Phantom 200cc 2007

Sunday, 03 March 2013

Honda_phantom_200cc.jpg

Phantom. Owned by a 75 year old bike enthusiast who took exceptional care of the

Honda

Phantom Fire Edition

8_24_12_003.jpg

bike is in showroom condition and runs like a clock. 2 new tires at 25K. more.jpg

HONDA

PHANTOM CUSTOM FOR SALE

Friday, 15 February 2013

Sam_02028.jpg

Honda

Phantom. 2004, Low Km.

Phantom_1_resize.jpg

Honda

Friday, 08 February 2013

Photo00231.jpg

you should check some bikes that arent on farang sites like thaivisa ,or even better

bring your phantom " in great condition" into a honda dealer and try and part exchange it for a newer bike and they will wake you up

from your dream

anyway ,bikes usually dont change hands for asking price

the phantoms advertised at 42k -47k could easily be haggled lower for a wad of cash and quick sale but you continue "proving " that a 6 yr old 80k bike has only depreciated 10k in 6 years if it makes you feel better whistling.gif

Mind you asking price isn't selling price, don't bother too much about wishful thinking,

i'd say 45-50, i would ask 49 i think.

ed: just saw the thread about a new 2013 250cc for 67.000

Edited by poanoi

Thanks to everyone. Just thought I'd let you know I soldthe bike for 60000 baht.. It seems 40000 baht was way off the mark.clap2.gif

WAY OFF the mark, indeed. Only a complete idiot who knows nothing about the market would suggest that a 2007 Phantom with low mileage and in excellent condition was "worth" B50,000 or less, and then try to defend that nonsense price by suggesting that it is correct because that is what a dealer would offer for it in trade (like that matters at all)! Its lucky that you ignored such "advice" or you would have thrown away up to B20,000. Congratulations on your sale at a "fair" price. And it seems to have sold pretty quickly, despite the fact that a new more powerful Phantom will be available "any moment"!????? whistling.gif

I think age is not that important, well that is what I tell the wife, the older ones were better built anyway, condition is everything, especially the mechanics, my mate has a real shed and only 2 years old,. 60k is about right for a minter.

Mind you asking price isn't selling price, don't bother too much about wishful thinking,

So the 250cc Phantom is going to be half the price of a CBR250, so how will they do that, a bigger heavier frame for 1/3rd of the price?

So the 250cc Phantom is going to be half the price of a CBR250, so how will they do that, a bigger heavier frame for 1/3rd of the price?

There probably is no 2013 250 Phantom, the thread in question was probably started by the guy selling the overprices 2007 model!

Allan is yours running properly yet?

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

There probably is no 2013 250 Phantom, the thread in question was probably started by the guy selling the overprices 2007 model!

Allan is yours running properly yet?

Yes, you can follow the whole tedious adventure, last episode, on http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/617280-ta200-carb-tuning/page-2 or just look at the last posting, where the mechanic removed a needle jet spacer to get rid of a sooty plug....oh and then kindly left it in the float chamber. The guys on this forum were very helpful and my head has stopped hurting.

With regards to Phantom prices, I think people are comparing the Phantom with all these cheap Chinese bikes, they assume that if you can buy a new Chinky Phantom copy for X why would you pay the same for a 5 year old Phantom? Simple, it is a Honda and you can get parts and fix it. If it has been looked after it will still be the same in 2 years time, whereas the Chinky bike may be in 12 cardboard boxes.

I have heard a lot of stories about materials used, rubber compounds being one crucial example. One simple failure here could write a bike off, even worse a substandard compound on a petrol application can result in a fire..

Judging by other threads the new Phantoms aren't much good, making the existing one more valuable, but at the end of the day it is worth what people are prepared to pay.

dream on guys

Related ads
Honda

Phantom 200cc 2007

Sunday, 03 March 2013

Honda_phantom_200cc.jpg

Honda

Phantom Fire Edition

8_24_12_003.jpg

HONDA

PHANTOM CUSTOM FOR SALE

Friday, 15 February 2013

Sam_02028.jpg

Honda

Phantom. 2004, Low Km.

Phantom_1_resize.jpg

Honda

Friday, 08 February 2013

Photo00231.jpg

you should check some bikes that arent on farang sites like thaivisa ,or even better

bring your phantom " in great condition" into a honda dealer and try and part exchange it for a newer bike and they will wake you up

from your dream

anyway ,bikes usually dont change hands for asking price

the phantoms advertised at 42k -47k could easily be haggled lower for a wad of cash and quick sale but you continue "proving " that a 6 yr old 80k bike has only depreciated 10k in 6 years if it makes you feel better whistling.gif

Sorry but i do not agree with you.

Price dealers pay has no relevance to private sale.

I sold 6 bikes in the past 6 months i can tell you, i did not haggle or budged on the price.

Not everyone is desperate to sell. 2007 is sure rather old, however i personally would take 2007 model with 10 000 km's on the clock over 2010 model with 50 000 km's on the clock.

I would advertise it for 73K and see what it brings, can always lower the price wai.gif

lemoncake on 09 Mar 2013 - 15:52, said:snapback.png

..... Not everyone is desperate to sell. 2007 is sure rather old, however i personally would take 2007 model with 10 000 km's on the clock over 2010 model with 50 000 km's on the clock.

I would advertise it for 73K and see what it brings, can always lower the price wai.gif

---------

That is exactly the point -- when considering what price to ask for a motorbike when selling it, it is always better to err on the high side. You can always lower the price during the negotiation process to make the sale, which is very normal, i.e., expected. It is far more difficult to raise the price after you have advertized the bike at a rediculously low price and then realize that you have left a lot of money on the table when the first caller agrees to your asking price within 10 minutes of the ad hitting the street, and the buyer looks at you like you like you are the biggest idiot in the world (with a grin from ear to ear) as he drives away with your (now his) bike and with lots of "your money" still in his pocket!

the 67.000 250cc was referring to the Enduro

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/588581-2013-platinum-px250-enduro-67000b/

On the price of the phantom, its no different than one punter paying 2000 for short time and another pay 500,

is the punter paying 500 way off the mark ?

or does the guy that paid 60.000 have a 'good heart' ?

No doubt you are in the B500 camp. In most cases you get what you pay for, and the "condition" of the ones asking for B500 are very different than the ones asking B2,000 (at least that is what people tell me). Next time you buy a bike (or do what ever else it is that you do for B500) be sure to keep you eyes closed -- it will no doubt help to keep you on the mark.

When buying (or selling) a used bike, it is not the "heart" that is involved, it is the "head", but perhaps you haven't noticed. No doubt that the buyer of the OP's Phantom paid an extra B20,000 because he felt sorry for the OP and wanted to help him out because the buyer has a "good heart" -- what an amazingly insightful idea cheesy.gif ; I wish I had thought of that..... whistling.gif