Dirty Condo Water

XCom

This has happened a few times now and keeps coming back. The condo where I stay (D Town Inn, Chiang Mai) has been having issues with the water supply. They don't use the government water but pump water own from a well they have then deliver this to the customers rooms. After speaking with a few other farang residents of the condo we came to the conclusion that the filter system they are using to "clean" the water is no where near big enough for the volume of water it has to deal with.

A few months ago the water started coming out brown, after the residents complained for weeks they finally had a look at the system (possibly cleaned it) and the water returned to "normal". Well now its back again and they aren't doing anything about it. Numerous complaints to the condo manager and owner with no avail.

My question is what can we do about this, is there any government authority we can contact about this? We called city hall who said they can't do anything as it's not government water.

Surely there is some law in place with regards to water quality within condos? I mean can anyone just pump dirty water into paying customers room and it's totally legal?

If anyone could point me in the right direction about what we can do (if anything) I would be most grateful. I've attached a picture of the tap water this morning.

BS2MZ2g.jpg

Hate to say this but it is the owners of the condos are responsibility for the water supply. If they don't look after it the owners should do something about it. If the owners are not prepared to run their condo in a suitable manner then nobody else is terribly worried.

However you might like to check the building report (done annually) to see if the engineer made any recommendation about the water. If they did then the government will follow it up after 6 months.

Assuming there is a building report?