Good Lawyer, Unpaid Condo Fees

PingandSingh

If you know the outstanding common fee before buying what's the problem? don't buy.

If this unit is from the bank then it is quite common for very large sums to be outstanding and you will know this from the start and 20% is perfectly legal

Not sure it was wise to post about a 1.8m+ baht 200sq m condo for sale on a public forum. I imagine there might be a great deal of demand for it now. My understanding was 103 #4 was well run & is in a decent location.

you are spot on! probably the best and a friend of mine recently bought an 80 sq meter for well over 3m so 2.3 is a BARGAIN and horses mouths and gifts come to ones mind

Kuhn Royce is a good lawyer very familiar with condos, he represents several buildings. Send me a PM if you want his contact info.

The seller needs to get a letter signed by the juristic person manager (with Juristic person manager signature and stamp) stating that all monthly fees are paid as of the date of the transfer. Once you have this you are not responsible for any errors on any past due amounts or any interest. Interest is only due if the Building management says it is, they can waive - most waive.

The interest rate is per annum, but the calculation may not be, depending upon when the condo building says the monthly payment is due. SOme condos say the entire yearly amount is due in January, others allow monthly payments throughout the year. Monthyl payments can lead to some complex interest payment calcuations on over due amounts as each month is calcualted seperately.

The important thing is the letter. If you have that at trasnfer, you're home free.

The unit cannot be sold without a letter from the juristic manager stating that their are no liens on the property as far as unpaid fees are concerned.

Absolutely right.

No need for a lawyer.

Until all management company fees are paid and balanced up to date, permission cannot be given for transfer of contracts, meaning; the present owner cannot sell his leasehold unless the management and maintenance fees are fully up to date.

All the OP can do, is estimate how much is due and than either pay the balance himself or come to some sort of agreement with the present owner.

End of story.

• Like 1

Why did this thread get revived? No further feedback from the OP after the advice he was given in the original replies and the latest contributions add nothing new.

Or am I missing something?

No you`re not.

I often get caught out this way, very irritating.

• Like 1

Why did this thread get revived? No further feedback from the OP after the advice he was given in the original replies and the latest contributions add nothing new.

Or am I missing something?

No you`re not.

I often get caught out this way, very irritating.

I agree and I'm still gobsmacked at the price!!! 1.8 + .5 for 200 sq meters? it's an amazing purchase at one of the best condos in CM - that is 11,500 a sq meter when they are going for 30,000 a sq meter (unrenovated)

to Greenside: This thread got revived as apparently "binjalin" has some interest in 103 #4. All threads about Skybreeze are frequented by him without leaving any good info.

Re; condo fees. No one could give me decent information, even not the some of the "best" lawyers in CM. I still don't know as I gave up searching.

to Rama: no, Khun R. is not. And that is all I can say.

to Greenside: This thread got revived as apparently "binjalin" has some interest in 103 #4. All threads about Skybreeze are frequented by him without leaving any good info.

Re; condo fees. No one could give me decent information, even not the some of the "best" lawyers in CM. I still don't know as I gave up searching.

to Rama: no, Khun R. is not. And that is all I can say.

well you have really left some 'good info' haven't you? Greenside was stating you left without coming back to the thread and saying what happened. I suspect nothing as you probably bought the property knowing FULL WELL there were common area fees owed and now you want to cry about it and the 'good info' I gave you is you got an amazing price.

Not sure who you mean by Khun R. - Rama says 'Royce' or do you mean 'Rhys'?

Edited by binjalin

In my old condo the water was provided by the condo building as part of the condo fees... If people did not pay the condo fees we cut off the water...

Having lived in several condo buildings I have observed many are empty and run up unpaid fees because they are either owned or repossessed by a bank or are part of legal proceedings which may drag on for years and years and so retrieving fees is very difficult. The fine system is designed to alleviate that so when, and if, the room eventually sells the building gets the fees due. Cutting off electric or water doesn't help in this situation and the problem is common unfortunately.