Schools In Pai

Norvabc

Hi All,

I have a 9 month old son and i am thinking of living in Pai (Near Chiang Mai)

What pre schools do they have there, what would the educational standards like there for an English schools goer.

Do they have private Westerner schools?

Where do people send there children to school in that area and would this be a feasible option?

Cheers for any advice or knowledge

Norv

Edited by Norvabc

Hi, I lived in Pai for three years, just moved to CM four months ago. The schools in Pai are not really schools, they are really just baby sitting. This includes the high school. I lived by the school and they never turn off the PA system. There is a lady that talks for hours every day, and then some man takes over. I have have no idea when they shut up and actually have school. The kids up there are stupid past believing. Offically according to the government as my wife told me, this area has the worst schools in Thailand. When we registered my son, the teacher told my wife we had a very good English program. I asked through my wife, who is the teacher? She said back to me through my wife. "I am." So i thought I can talk to her then without going through my wife since she is the English teacher. Guess what? She could not speak English.

All of friends in Pai, the ones with kids and that could afford it, moved to CM to school their kids here.