Tablet Charging Stations (One Tablet Per Child)

lost_in_isaan

Sorry, I mean we have about 17 of these at the moment sitting in the directors office gathering dust. We want to stick them into a single charging station where you could connect them all up to charge in between use. I know you can get similar systems for Ipads, but these have pretty bad power connection inputs so not sure if anything is available.

Basically, we want to be able to charge them together, and have a unit we could move from room to room as necessary. If we can't find something commerical, at a reasonable price, then probably we will hook up a bunch of power stips and stuff it all within some sort of box with dividers.

Any suggestions would be useful.

Powerstrips and the usb adapters. It sounds like a bit of a fire hazard to me. In fact, it sounds like a total nightmare. Isn't this the type of thing they needed to think of before they started this program? I guess that would be asking too much. The school's energy bill will shoot up too. You gotta love this stuff, seriously.

Sorry, I mean we have about 17 of these at the moment sitting in the directors office gathering dust. We want to stick them into a single charging station where you could connect them all up to charge in between use. I know you can get similar systems for Ipads, but these have pretty bad power connection inputs so not sure if anything is available.

Basically, we want to be able to charge them together, and have a unit we could move from room to room as necessary. If we can't find something commerical, at a reasonable price, then probably we will hook up a bunch of power stips and stuff it all within some sort of box with dividers.

i thought it was one per child not 17 per director

I think your problem is with director.

Regarding charging station - I think,by now - somebody in another school already made it,and may be he can supply it.

To make it on your own you need to puchase stabilized power supply 5v/10A;connect 20 USB cables to it ...and it will be ready to use.

you will also need some table or shelve where you can position your tablets securely for charging or for use.So,it involves investment - power supply and USB cables,

power supply you can find in any destop PC,cables in any comp. shop.

Another way is to use small power adapters supplied with tablets.You have to purchase 5 power extension cords of good quality with fuze and surge protector.

You have to fix them on sort of shelve or table with place for your tablets and ...thats it!You can move this table from room to room.

Children will love you.

You better create impression,that it was director's brilliant idea,children will love him too.

May be even better idea is to move your children to another school?I do not think - that you can change director?

Saw this on the net.. looks interesting. Home made one.

http://www.rc-monster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31513

or make it with these (or similar.. have to check your current chargers load)

http://www.amazon.com/Griffin-PowerBlock-Universal-Charger-Players/dp/B003SX0O2K/ref=pd_sim_e_15

or the dogs <deleted>.. both in cost and quality.

http://www.ipadcarts.com/solutions/DS-C-U16.htm

Edited by thaicbr

I have found device you are looking for.It is ready made product — USB Charging Station - its name.

Price is very reasonable.

PM me if you are still interested.

My idea is very simple one: you can get:

-USB Power Adapter with 4 USB outputs(5v 2.1A) - 5 pieces;

- power extension cord with 6 outputs - 1 piece

You stuck 5 USB Power adapters in extension cord and you have Charging USB Station with 20 USB ports branded - ThaiVisa.

I am enclosing some pics from under my desk - to illustrate the concept.

On pics 5 and 6 you see 2 examples of 4xusb power adapters you can find in comp shops.

You can find others suitable for ...car lightersockets(for schools too far from power grid).

They cost less then 10$ a piece.

So,all setup for you is - 50US$

If you go to www.speedycom.hk you will find more.post-70825-0-58538100-1364486415_thumb.jpost-70825-0-17629300-1364486433_thumb.jpost-70825-0-92752600-1364486455_thumb.jpost-70825-0-02530900-1364486498_thumb.jpost-70825-0-85212200-1364486513_thumb.jpost-70825-0-99604400-1364486541_thumb.j

I think that you should use the plugs and sockets shown on my pics - they are mechanicaly and electricaly secure.Thai plugs - tend to wobble.

Edited by borovik