Yawn - the same conspiracy theories that were debunked in the 4 or 5 'THB vs GBP' threads - that Thailand is somehow responsible for this 'mysteriously strong baht'. Couldn't have anything to do with gross financial mismanagement and political inaction in Europe/UK or the US, could it ? Just the usual foaming at the mouth without a single link to any trade figures showing that 'Thailand is suffering'. If I had to guess who is doing the 'suffering', Thailand wouldn't be in my top 3 atm - time to pack those bags for PI, lads. That, or suck it up. Your choice.

I don't see anyone questioning productivity in S Korea or Indonesia, but somehow the Thais are seen as incapable of doing anything beyond popping the top off a bottle of Chang. I'd suggest that it might be time to change the focus back to the gutless politicians who have colluded with bankers and developers to bring Western economies to their current nadir - last time I checked, not one of those politicians was Thai.

If I'm going to lie awake at night wondering about economic fundamentals, it wont be Thailand - a major downturn in China would be catastrophic for Australia's economy. Our exchange rate with the THB would be the least of our problems - without jobs, none of us could even get on a plane. Think happy thoughts.

Yawn - the same conspiracy theories that were debunked in the 4 or 5
'THB vs GBP' threads - that Thailand is somehow responsible for this
'mysteriously strong baht'.

the Thais are innocent Mr WW! it's a conspiracy of the Ferengis who are behind the strong Baht. their reason is to make life of us poor expats so miserable that we return to our home countries and live on welfare.

Ferengis have no honour! bah.gif

Yawn - the same conspiracy theories that were debunked in the 4 or 5 'THB vs GBP' threads - that Thailand is somehow responsible for this 'mysteriously strong baht'. Couldn't have anything to do with gross financial mismanagement and political inaction in Europe/UK or the US, could it ? Just the usual foaming at the mouth without a single link to any trade figures showing that 'Thailand is suffering'. If I had to guess who is doing the 'suffering', Thailand wouldn't be in my top 3 atm - time to pack those bags for PI, lads. That, or suck it up. Your choice.

I don't see anyone questioning productivity in S Korea or Indonesia, but somehow the Thais are seen as incapable of doing anything beyond popping the top off a bottle of Chang. I'd suggest that it might be time to change the focus back to the gutless politicians who have colluded with bankers and developers to bring Western economies to their current nadir - last time I checked, not one of those politicians was Thai.

If I'm going to lie awake at night wondering about economic fundamentals, it wont be Thailand - a major downturn in China would be catastrophic for Australia's economy. Our exchange rate with the THB would be the least of our problems - without jobs, none of us could even get on a plane. Think happy thoughts.

Australia survived the Asian Financial crisis if you recall. If China tanks, a similar thing would happen. The AUD tanks, heads for 60cents to the USD, Australian exports become cheaper for foriegners, but stay the same or similar in AUD terms.

Australia survived the Asian Financial crisis if you recall. If China tanks, a similar thing would happen. The AUD tanks, heads for 60cents to the USD, Australian exports become cheaper for foriegners, but stay the same or similar in AUD terms.

if worse comes to worst the Aussies can always apply to join the European Union and ask the ECB to prop up the AUD.

• Like 1

if worse comes to worst the Aussies can always apply to join the European Union and ask the ECB to prop up the AUD.

The way things are, I think the EU will ask to join Australia and have the RBA bail out the ECB. Pacific peso no longer.