I Need A Kitchen

BuffaloRescue

You can do two things.

1. Go to Home Pro (and similar) and buy one of those plastic condo jobs that they come and install.

2. Have something built the Thai way, with bricks rendered in cement and cabinet fronts (but not actual cabinets below) and actual cabinets above. Then you get to have a granite top and fit in some stove and sink.

Second way is cheaper and gives you more flexibility, but it's more of an undertaking.

You can do two things.

1. Go to Home Pro (and similar) and buy one of those plastic condo jobs that they come and install.

2. Have something built the Thai way, with bricks rendered in cement and cabinet fronts (but not actual cabinets below) and actual cabinets above. Then you get to have a granite top and fit in some stove and sink.

Second way is cheaper and gives you more flexibility, but it's more of an undertaking.

Third way for the lower part is to have cabinets built and the granite placed on top. More expensive than 2 above but can include drawers and some think look better. Some past threads on this giving suppliers names.

There are a lot of shops around selling marble...price is determined by the marble you choose colour etc

The base / counters can be constructed of brick / cement and the marble is cut to size onsite and installed

You can design and instal cupboards etc

I would suggesr visit the stores and marble suppliers and work up an estimate / budget

There are a lot of shops around selling marble...price is determined by the marble you choose colour etc

The base / counters can be constructed of brick / cement and the marble is cut to size onsite and installed

I would suggesr visit the stores and marble suppliers and work up an estimate / budget

Thanks, will do.

I just found this mob - http://www.homikitch.com/ will have a look and report back on their prices/products

Homikitch is best for custom-built melamine board carcass c/w doors, all installed, but you'd save by getting a marble top supplied direct.

HomePro and Index both do cheapie stock standard modules which are ok if they suit your room layout.

Homikitch is best for custom-built melamine board carcass c/w doors, all installed, but you'd save by getting a marble top supplied direct.

HomePro and Index both do cheapie stock standard modules which are ok if they suit your room layout.

Thanks. My GF/translator is overseas at the moment. Can anyone suggest suppliers where i can get a marble top kitchen.

There are many ways to get a kitchen, the pre-fab through HomePro is cheaper but Homikitch do a really nice customised job that looks more professional. They are happy for you to source your own granite and appliances.

Went to homekitch today.. still a bit expensive

Im looking for a 2.7m kitchen with granite top for about 60-70k + hood. Otherwise i could get a good kitchen with a cheapo benchtop, and later add my own granite top when i get more money. Basically just bought the place and nearly out of cash for the moment

Suggest that you visit Homemart on the Super Highway, they promote Kitcho units with a rep. on site and she is very helpful and will produce a computer generated design to meet your requirements. They supply standard units which you can install or they have a very reasonable installation service and will no doubt obtain a granite top for you.

Im looking for a 2.7m kitchen with granite top for about 60-70k + hood. Otherwise i could get a good kitchen with a cheapo benchtop, and later add my own granite top when i get more money. Basically just bought the place and nearly out of cash for the moment

As mentioned, HomePro, HomeMart, Sukkapan, Index and many others will supply standard cupboard units - some without a benchtop. Go to any stone shop and get a price for marble ... it will be the cheapest component.

One granite shop I can recommend is approx halfway between Global House and HomePro/BigC, southern side of road, at Pa Daet on the outer ring road.

Edited by kaptainrob

ok will try. Most of these places need 1 month to order and install the kitchen!

I am now thinking about getting a catering style stainless steel kitchen with stainless steel sheet covering the entire wall.

Where are the industrial kitchen suppliers in chiang mai?

• 3 months later...

Thanks, will do.

I just found this mob - http://www.homikitch.com/ will have a look and report back on their prices/products

I have a new build condo in CM and did not want the kitchen & furniture which was to be supplied so I cancelled it. Everything is complete now and over the past weeks I have had Homkitch fit a kitchen for me - They are very proffesional, easy to deal with and have done a fantastic job. I am very pleased with the results perhaps cost more than something out of flatpack store but the results are worth the extra expense.

When I needed to do a 10 by 10 foot kitchen, I bought real rosewood ready assembled cabinets, drawers, and uppers from Thai Wat Sadu, which was delivered to my new home. There are other real woods available--not pressboard in standard size cabinets. The cost was about 30,000 baht. Then I went to a marble supplier and had them come out and measure and install granite at about 8,000 baht.

Thanks. My GF/translator is overseas at the moment. Can anyone suggest suppliers where i can get a marble top kitchen.

Marble kitchen counter tops are a poor choice, they do not do well with the acids in foods.

Thai Watsadu should be in your price range, South towards Lampang, huge sign on the left just before a set of lights half way to Lamphun.

Edited by naboo