Need Someone With Investment Selling Contacts/exp For Possible Jv.

klubex99

Hi.

I have some land that is all ready and prepped for around 5000 teak trees near Korat. We have all the necessary titles and the green light from the forestry dept. So no problems with cutting and selling in the future.

I will be keeping 1 rai back for a bulk kiln drying operation with the ability to dry the wood in around 15 days. This is also to add a service for other teak growers where we can dry by contract. Which is one of the hurdles removed to allow us to export dried and sawn teak.

The land will be split up into medium to long term investment parcels, with the investments sold via brokers/financial advisers. This is the bit I have no experience really. But more importantly, no contacts. So I am looking to hook up with someone who has the necessaries to run that side of things.

The scheme is very lucrative, although it is not unique, there are several companies involved in the same with teak, mahogany, agarwood etc. Some of these companies are making a killing, as the competition is limited.

I was ideally looking to sell 60% in investment form, and retain the other 40% for personal investment or mark up as company assets. With the ability to expand the plantation as the company sells plots,

To give you an idea of what the competition is making, one UK based competitor (Willow Rivers) asks £10,000 for the plot plus £5000 plot management fees. That's about $22,800 USD. That is on 400 saplings on 1 rai, if the trees are 7 years old, you only get 50 trees. 400 trees per rai are the norm, with thinning at 50% after 7 years then another 50% at 12 years, the final cut of the remaining at 18 to 20 years. So investors get 3 payouts during the course of the investment period.

With teak prices being currently up to $5000 per cubic meter for the prime standard teak (dried and sawn) and 1 20 year old tree yielding around 1.7 m3 you can see just how attractive teak is for investors. The plots will be also insured.

So to recap, I have the land and the program all ironed out. It's prepped for planting, has all year round water, will be planting some time after songkran. Just need someone to run the other end of it, and we are away and running. Will only consider 100% legit business setup, will talk about that later.

If anyone has any questions whether you are interested or not or just curious, I will be happy to answer them if I know the answers. I am not the type of cloak and dagger guy who won't discuss or reveal things in open forum. I am not paranoid... lol

I am not looking for investment from the JV, I have it pretty much all funded, but we can discuss the level of involvement. At the moment I am really mainly interested in contacts/experience in financial advise, or investment selling.

Lots more info omitted to keep post somewhat small(ish).

I know there will be a few posts designed to flame or add the scammy edge as always, I am up to it wink.png I have also heard all the horror stories about falangs and teak, I heard it all plenty of times, most of it is over-blown. There are instances where teak can walk off on its own overnight, but I have done a load of research and it is pretty isolated, and even when it does happen, it is only a couple at a time, most thieves only pinch a bit and come back maybe now and then. The more they return the more nervous they are. There are plenty of places to steal it from anyway.

Its all insured anyhow.

Edited by klubex99

• 2 weeks later...

Of course, a full business plan would be too long for this website. I encourage everybody who is interested to apply Due Diligence.

I'm not saying that this is real or a fraud, as I haven't checked it out myself. ThaiVisa will take no responsibility whatsoever, the lawyers make me say.

Of course, a full business plan would be too long for this website. I encourage everybody who is interested to apply Due Diligence.

I'm not saying that this is real or a fraud, as I haven't checked it out myself. ThaiVisa will take no responsibility whatsoever, the lawyers make me say.

I totally agree.

But just to clarify things for the sake of misinterpretation, I am NOT asking for inverters for this project.

I have stumped up about $50,000 of my own money for this project.

I am looking to see if there is anyone based over here with the contacts or experience in selling investment plots, someone with a financial adviser background perhaps. Just to handle the sales side of things.

Nobody has to shell out any money, I already done that. So it is 'if anything' a golden opportunity for a joint venture with someone who already secured the assets...... ME!

If anyone can lose here.... it's me.

Anyway, I have had a few approaches and am moving forward albeit slowly.

Worst case scenario... Lots of money for me in 5, 12 and 20 years.

• 1 month later...

Hi there,
I am from India, a friend of mine actually suggested me to join this forum.
He is calling me to Thailand to see some business proposals. As I might say, I am very much interested in starting something on the similar lines. (As in Agro based )......
Also I think me & my colleague would help you in doing what to intend to, that is selling investment plots.
We have a few clients who will be interested in buying for investment purposes.
Only problem is I personally will be coming next month. So till then I can't do anything.
Also we will have a few terms & conditions set before we start working on your behalf.
Please mail me for further details or queries.
Regards,
Himanshu.
<<email address removed>>

Edited by metisdead
13) Not to post email addresses in posts due to potential spam problems.

Hi there,

He is calling me to Thailand to see some business proposals. As I might say, I am very much interested in starting something on the similar lines. (As in Agro based )......

Also I think me & my colleague would help you in doing what to intend to, that is selling investment plots.

Only problem is I personally will be coming next month. So till then I can't do anything.

Also we will have a few terms & conditions set before we start working on your behalf.

Regards,

Himanshu.

<<email address removed>>

you are from india, what a jokecheesy.gif

Hi there,

Regards,

Himanshu.

<>

you are from india, what a jokePosted Image

Where's the joke?

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Klubex99

Can you please detail exactly how your investment will work? I mean you say "investment plots" but the land ownership rules would not let me sell actual plots of land to foreigners.

However; I have seen other companies in the field structure the investment as a company "bond" with specific % pay outs at 6-12-18 years and return of principle at the end of term / year 18 or 19. You could think about this or offer an average on a yearly % basis. Then in the marketing blurb it can be explained what the capital bond purchase price is used for and the details of growth and cutting phases.

Some companies offer low capital bonds to retail investors starting at around £5000.

I have access to a higher value investor network though. For it to be worth us spending time on this I think we would need 10% commission and minimum investments would have to be £50,000.

If you can structure legally and clearly what you have on offer and come up with an investment package like the above then I'm sure we can sell some for you.

You'd need an investment pack / marketing pack, looking professionally produced, clearly detailing everything. You say in your post you are not so sure about this side of things?

In business I normally deal with residential property and investment land, but this kind of agri business is of great interest to me personally. I am moving to Chiang Mai from the UK soon and have thought about doing this myself. I think I could potentially help you with the whole legal structuring, investment/ marketing pack, website and sales side in a much more comprehensive way than simply selling your pre packaged investment bonds.

Which ever level of involvement your considering please do get in touch and I'd be happy to discuss it further with you.

Kind Regards

Marcus

Ps Thaivisa please sort out the private message function on you app- it always says "the thaivisa server is not responding" when I try to send a PM; but it works fine for posting in the thread.