Sorry To Tease Again, But Hennessey At Again, This Time It's Not Your Average Exige, Bugatti Killer

Somchai's over fuelled, over boosted Izu is way faster!

Seriously though, that Exige pulls like a room full of schoolboys doesn't it? What a neat bit of kit.

Isuzu.....My Fortuna.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

You must be using V-Power.......laugh.png

There's some great onboard videos on youtube. This 1200 hp 7 liter engine is a monster.

Yeah in the record run if the driver hadn't screwed the pooch on the up shift he might have beaten the Bugatti in the single run.. Easily another mile per hour or 2 in his muck up.. I meant to mention in the OP but put it up a bit late.

Edited by WarpSpeed

The standard Exige is a prettier looking chariot.

I disagree completely, this has much more aggressive lines and styling and the attitude to go with it, the OEM Exige is a Jack Russell compared to most cars it's supposed to measure up to, this car is a full on, kick ass Pit Bull with the same sort of muscle bound stance (not that I like pitbulls but the analogy still applies)..

Thanks for posting, that was really informative. I was interested to read that the rules about limiters and minimum 50 cars mean that there's official no fastest production car. I do like the look of the Hennessey modified Exige, but the most interesting part of the article for me was that there will be a 1,600bhp Veyron in September. That's just beyond insane.

• Like 1

Thanks for posting, that was really informative. I was interested to read that the rules about limiters and minimum 50 cars mean that there's official no fastest production car. I do like the look of the Hennessey modified Exige, but the most interesting part of the article for me was that there will be a 1,600bhp Veyron in September. That's just beyond insane.

Glad you enjoyed..So start saving your money for that Veyron release yes tongue.png ? Will you be camped outside the showroom like so many do with the latest Iphone release biggrin.png ? By the sounds of it, based on another thread there are a few here who are able to rush right out and make their purchase without even a moments consideration, hiso's they are cheesy.gifcoffee1.gif .

Edited by WarpSpeed

Somchai's over fuelled, over boosted Izu is way faster!

Seriously though, that Exige pulls like a room full of schoolboys doesn't it? What a neat bit of kit.

Room full of school boys?? .........................................................Nah 1zgarz5.gifgoing to behave myself giggle.gif .......

Glad you enjoyed..So start saving your money for that Veyron release yes tongue.png ? Will you be camped outside the showroom like so many do with the latest Iphone release biggrin.png ? By the sounds of it, based on another thread there are a few here who are able to rush right out and make their purchase without even a moments consideration, hiso's they are cheesy.gifcoffee1.gif .

No, it's just fascination with the technology. The Veyron isn't really a car, it's a plane for the road. Most parts are made in factories that produce stuff for the A380, Eurofighter and such.

How did they solve the problem with the tyres? The last Bugatti was limited to 415kph because the tyres wouldn't take any more to disintegrate.

^^^ Just to add, I don't know though, I think there's probably a lot more value in this Lotus then the Bugatti in terms of cost V performance and personally I like the styling better too.

Top gear USA just did a show here in the states that was done here at several locations around Florida I'm well familiar with and there is a stretch of road I traveled many times to go the race track in Palm Beach and it is long, flat and wide and they should bring this car down here to test like was done with the Veyron and get an exact measure under the same conditions all around.

Top Gear had the road closed down for the episode and Tanner Foust (one of the shows hosts who has REAL track drift driving experience) ran it to it's best potential in that show and it was something that was filmed before I got back but I would have loved to see that in person it's only an hour or so south of where I'm at now.

Edited by WarpSpeed

No, it's just fascination with the technology. The Veyron isn't really a car, it's a plane for the road. Most parts are made in factories that produce stuff for the A380, Eurofighter and such.

How did they solve the problem with the tyres? The last Bugatti was limited to 415kph because the tyres wouldn't take any more to disintegrate.

Not quite sure why you used the quotes you used in relation to your response?

If I had money to burn the Veyron would be at the top of my list. It's a beautiful car with huge gonads.

Looks to me like that Exige is wearing pretty large underpants.......................

• Like 1

If I had money to burn the Veyron would be at the top of my list. It's a beautiful car with huge gonads.

Looks to me like that Exige is wearing pretty large underpants.......................

Naughty you! looking at another cars crotch like that! w00t.gif and one with gonads no less!!

Edited by WarpSpeed
  • Like 1

Naughty you! looking at another cars crotch like that! w00t.gif and one with gonads no less!!

Extra large gonads actually.

Real horsepower is rather intoxicating as i'm sure you'll agree. Unfortunately, most people have not experienced such grunt. I for one can't imagine what that thing's like to grab by the nuts and wring it's neck. About 500bhp (real ones) in a moderately light car has been about my lot. biggrin.png

Yeah that's how I saw it too, can't imagine liking the OEM Exige over this one on styling lines or anything else and when compared cost wise to the Bugatti how can one go wrong? I personally don't like the high, rounded, snow plow look of the Bugatti's front end with that Jagaresque looking grill..

Extra large gonads actually.

Real horsepower is rather intoxicating as i'm sure you'll agree. Unfortunately, most people have not experienced such grunt. I for one can't imagine what that thing's like to grab by the nuts and wring it's neck. About 500bhp (real ones) in a moderately light car has been about my lot. biggrin.png

Highest I've driven is 530HP in a 997 Turbo S, and I have to say that was plenty intoxicating for use on public roads. The kind of HP being talked about in this thread is probably better described as being in the purgative range ;)

It is pretty ballsy, I agree, but I would rather have the Bugatti. I can't even afford an AMG Mercedes C63 these days so the comments I make mean very little in the real world. When I was a kid I used to dream of owning all the exotic new models that came along. But that was last year. This year and for ever more I have to act like an adult and be happy with what I got......Maybe! biggrin.png

VW entered the Rally World Championship this season for the first time in 25 years with a car of its own. It won the first stage of the first rally it attented, finished 2nd in the overall standings of the Monte Carlo, and twice first in Sweden and Mexico. Leads the standings, and it looks like Sebastien Loeb and Citroen will finally lose the title for the first time for ten years back to back.

vw-polo-r-wrc-frankfurt.jpg

I have no doubt that if VW wants its product to remain on top of all supercars, it will. The Bugatti is also a distinctive car, one of a kind, while looking at the Hennessey a question pops up inevitably; what is that? A Tesla? Wartburg Melkus? Opel GT? It's so mistakable.