Enforcement Of Thai Debts On My Way Out?

FunFon

I have a well established presence in international legal circles as one who deals with the laws as they are. I leave such noble statements as yours to others.

A con(fidence) man is someone who cheats another out of what is justifiably theirs after gaining their confidence so I think the above not a slur but that the definition here is appropriate.

Edited by JLCrab

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A con(fidence) man is someone who cheats another out of what is justifiably theirs after gaining their confidence so I think the above not a slur but that the definition here is appropriate.

-

Aha as a lawyer I can well understand your view of the world, my condolences. . .

In my case there's no question in my mind about any intention to cheat, obviously she doesn't put a high time value on my payments since she let things slide for so many years, and in the end she won't be out of pocket at all.

If and when she brings up the question of interest I'll also be happy to accommodate that.

You have been able to deprive this woman of the rent that (I would presume) your signing a lease entitles her because you have gained her confidence. Tomorrow all debts may be resolved; as of today, you have cheated her.

I am not a lawyer. I do under my real identity have debates and otherwise online tangles with several persons who have been awarded MacArthur Foundation Fellowships commonly known as 'genius grants'. So, as far as arrogance being a character flaw, you are a piker.

Correction: Only one of the persons mentioned above has received directly a MacArthur Fellowship. The others are founders of organizations / NGOs which have been awarded MacArthur Foundation grants.

But as Rick (Humphrey Bogart) put it in Casablanca:

“Well everybody in Casablanca has problems. Yours may work out.”

Chok Dee and Goodnight Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are.

Edited by JLCrab

This thread is like a train wreck, but at least train wrecks get cleared eventually - the OP still hasnt caught a taxi to the airport.

-

Current ETA is 5-8 weeks, so rather than holding your breath, feel free to simply not follow the thread anymore.

5-8 weeks of living on the streets ? Sweet Jesus.

My dear friend TaninThai,

I appreciate your concern for my kids and their future, and believe me they already are well aware of my addictions, they've been to hundreds of 12-step meetings and I'm sure one day will realise they wouldn't even be on this lovely planet if it weren't for that particular part of reality.

Somehow we all manage to muddle through don't we.

Jai yen yen nah? I don't think your getting all worked up is going to do anyone any good, least of all yourself.

Take care now,

Your friend in love,

FunFon

Did you have to stand and say "hi everyone my name is funfon and i'm addicted to having sex with young girls"?

Just curious......

Edited by metisdead
30) Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes, added emoticons, or altered wording.

My dear friend TaninThai,

I appreciate your concern for my kids and their future, and believe me they already are well aware of my addictions, they've been to hundreds of 12-step meetings and I'm sure one day will realise they wouldn't even be on this lovely planet if it weren't for that particular part of reality.

Somehow we all manage to muddle through don't we.

Jai yen yen nah? I don't think your getting all worked up is going to do anyone any good, least of all yourself.

Take care now,

Your friend in love,

FunFon

Did you have to stand and say "hi everyone my name is funfon and i'm addicted to having sex with young girls"?

Just curious......

i'm curious too - you took your kids to 12-step meetings for your addictions?

more than one addiction?

Earlier on in this thread

-

That's pretty low, bring on the witch-hunt, what eyeing? I was just reporting the nanny's emotional reaction to the news that we're going, first I'd heard she'd been thinking along those lines if she was indeed serious, I don't know my Thai's not that good.

But glad to know my situation's providing you with holiday entertainment. . .

more than one addiction?

-

As I said, chocolate will be the last to go.

Anyone want to start a group for TV.com addiction? We could hold it right here. . .

Think about what is required to make a fire.

The crab has finally realised.....

-

huh? some Aesop's fable or something?

I could be cruel and mention oxygen....but I was thinking more about fuel....tongue.png

Edit: Or in your case electricity. You got some aircon going yet?

Edited by smokie36

Earlier on in this thread

-

But glad to know my situation's providing you with holiday entertainment. . .

Ha ha. One more day before we get back to the grind of work on wednesday, keep it going. As the thai's say, sue,sue!!

more than one addiction?

-

Anyone want to start a group for TV.com addiction? We could hold it right here. . .

I'm happy to attend....but I might have to leave half way through to nip out for a pint.

Hope that's OK with the rest of you?

• Like 1

more than one addiction?

-

Thats like holding an AA meeting in a distillery.

-

I could be cruel and mention oxygen....but I was thinking more about fuel....tongue.png

-

Sorry I know I can be a bit thick, but please explain like I'm five years old.

And I haven't had any working aircon in my home for over two years now.

-

-

Sorry I know I can be a bit thick, but please explain like I'm five years old.

And I haven't had any working aircon in my home for over two years now.

Glad to hear it. I prefer fans as well.....even in April.

Thats like holding an AA meeting in a distillery.

-

Erm, yes exactly the point of the joke.

Not to mention just previously:

but some English-language AA meetings (Edit: in Thailand) do take place in bars clap2.gif

I'm happy to attend....but I might have to leave half way through to nip out for a pint.

Hope that's OK with the rest of you?

-

Ah your handle reflects the state of your scooter's engine?

Nope it reflects my fishy nature....

Yes I get what's required for combustion but what's the bit about the crab.

Like the frog not realising it's getting cooked or something?

Sometimes you guys are just a bit too subtle in the piss-taking, drives a literal semi-autistic nerd right up a wall.

Which could of course be the intent eh? wink.png