2-3 bedrooms, 2 bath

air-con

phone line

ADSL optional

detached/stand-alone house

kitchen w/fridge

washing machine

under 15,000 baht per month preferred

Looking for a house to rent on Phuket for at least six months and probably longer.

Would prefer southern half of island but will look at closer to airport if the house/price is right.

Especially like areas around Kathu, Patong, or Rawai but again will look at others areas is house/price is nice.

Security is a bit of a concern; would prefer a village with controlled security. We also like shady trees around the house but don't like maintaining a garden... Not a deal-breaker, however.

We have looked at listings on houseinphuket.com. Are there other similar websites? Is it best to look alone, contacting the landlords ourselves, or through a realator/agency?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice....

• 1 year later...

Hello my name is Lorna and I have a beautiful western style house with all the requirement you need, but my house is in Krabi. Krabi is a beautiful little town and it is only 15 mins from the beaches and ofcourse the gateway to all the islands off the Andaman sea. You will get alo more for your moeny in Krabi and its not so busy and chaotic as Phuket. You can view the house on www.krabipost.com.

If you are interested you can contact me on 0865133147

Kindest Regards

Lorna

Requirements:

2-3 bedrooms, 2 bath,air-con, phone line, ADSL optional, detached/stand-alone house

kitchen w/fridge, washing machine, under 15,000 baht per month preferred

You'd struggle to get that in Phuket for under 15k baht - you might get lucky but you certainly won't get that price through a real estate or rental agency. 15k baht would likely get you a 2 bed, inh a Thai neighbourhood without ADSL/Air-Con etc...

Best bet would be to drive around looking and phone any numbers posted outside of houses you like, I'm sure there are deals to be had but they wont be easy to find.

my landlord has a house for rent for just 14,500thb per month in Ket Hoe (close to the Uni in Kathu). 2 bedroom. air. adsl area. gardener. LOVELY landlord. nice garden and yard. fully furnished. ubc.

pm me for details.

• 4 months later...
15.000 THB ?

You´re talking about Phuket.With your preferences you are talking about the 35K-50K range.

Rarely there are some townhouses in Puket-Town for 15K.

Actually plenty available in this price range Phuket Town - Chalong and if you could would like to live just north of Phuket Town in Thalang, can find what you are looking for under 10,000. I paid 8,000 for a 2 year old, two story town house with lovely yard in secure community in Thalang.