Makro Since Yesterday Is Not Neederland Nv Anymore

awayfoe

Yes, orders have gone out to all the stores they will only be carrying CP chicken and sausages. blink.png

Seriously, does anything think the richest man in Thailand who just bought Makro is stupid? Wouldn't surprise me to see them position Makro with even more upscale foreign products to erode market share from Tops/Villa, etc., even Tesco Extra, which is looking for the higher end customer now.

• Like 2

Yes, orders have gone out to all the stores they will only be carrying CP chicken and sausages. blink.png

Seriously, does anything think the richest man in Thailand who just bought Makro is stupid? Wouldn't surprise me to see them position Makro with even more upscale foreign products to erode market share from Tops/Villa, etc., even Tesco Extra, which is looking for the higher end customer now.

Are you new here ? biggrin.png

• Like 1

Are you new here ? biggrin.png

Haha, interesting move by the old boy after what happened with his interests in Tesco lotus TH. He's probably got an attack plan already in place.

What many of you may not know is that Makro was CP's first venture into retail to begin with, way before their Lotus, they were the Thai contact that brought Makro to Thailand in the beginning, and still hold shares in Siam Makro until these days,

This deal would means that CP would take controls of the remaining shares and Makro Nederland would exit

Makro's main market is never concerned with the middle or upper class, their bulk buys are mom&pops stores in the little shophouses around the markets throughout Thailand, sue there are high-end restaurants that shop there for certain things to...

I hope that you are right. I have been a big fan of Makro. But if the sale of Carrefour to Big C is any indication, it suggests a change that may not be so good from a food selection/quality perspective. I will hold judgment, but I am not pleased to hear this news.

• Like 1

I hope that you are right. I have been a big fan of Makro. But if the sale of Carrefour to Big C is any indication, it suggests a change that may not be so good from a food selection/quality perspective. I will hold judgment, but I am not pleased to hear this news.

With keemapoot alluding to a CP withdrawal from the Tesco venture and the recent comments about empty shelves at Tesco's, maybe we can expect the hugely deep pockets of a CP investment will make Makro better? Certainly the Pattaya outlet needs a bloody shakeup. The Rayong branch is so much better.

What many of you may not know is that Makro was CP's first venture into retail to begin with, way before their Lotus, they were the Thai contact that brought Makro to Thailand in the beginning, and still hold shares in Siam Makro until these days,

This deal would means that CP would take controls of the remaining shares and Makro Nederland would exit

Makro's main market is never concerned with the middle or upper class, their bulk buys are mom&pops stores in the little shophouses around the markets throughout Thailand, sue there are high-end restaurants that shop there for certain things to...

Makro Nederland have branches all over the world for decades, but they exit there Thailand branch. Maybe it should give an indication, same as why Carrefour left Thailand, and Delhaize and Carlsberg and ..................

With keemapoot alluding to a CP withdrawal from the Tesco venture and the recent comments about empty shelves at Tesco's, maybe we can expect the hugely deep pockets of a CP investment will make Makro better? Certainly the Pattaya outlet needs a bloody shakeup. The Rayong branch is so much better.

Really? I'll have to give the Rayong brach a shot!

Makro Nederland have branches all over the world for decades

Sold all their European branches to Metro Group (German) in 1998, still are the owners in Asia and South America, except now for Thailand.

yes .....correct information ...and in some country in Europe the name is METRO not MAKRO

Central festival food shop/supermarket has the best quality.

...and the highest prices.

wasn't there a correlation between quality and price?

Makro Nederland have branches all over the world for decades, but they exit there Thailand branch. Maybe it should give an indication, same as why Carrefour left Thailand, and Delhaize and Carlsberg and ..................

Carrfour exit the Thai market as they needed cash to invest in China. 1 billion consumers versus 55 Million cool.png

Since this thread is not exactly Pattaya specific, I move it into the General topics forum.