Thai Democrats Seek To Impeach House Speaker

webfact

POLITICS
Democrats seek to impeach House speaker

Khanittha Thepphajorn
The Nation

30204692-01_big.jpg
Photo by Pramote Putthaisong

BANGKOK: -- A group of 128 Democrat MPs on Wednesday filed a petition to seek the impeachment of House Speaker Somsak Kiatsuranont over allegations he violated the Constitution and House directives by failing to perform his duty without any bias.

Songkhla MP Thaworn Senneam led fellow Democrats to submit a petition with Deputy Senate Speaker Surachai Liangbunlertchai, asking that impeachment proceedings against Somsak be based on the Constitution's Article 270.

Thaworn said Somsak had violated Articles 125 and 137 of the Constitution, which stipulated that the House Speaker carry out his duty in a neutral manner.

The group also alleged that Somsak had violated House directives 47 and 59 when the House convened to deliberate on charter amendment early this month.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-04-24

I think the time has really come to get rid of ALL Thai politicians and for some young, ex up and coming, university graduates from normal Thai families to start forming political parties with a real view of running the country and not bickering constantly amongst themselves. TV posters are forever (quite rightly) blaming the current parties but fail to realize that in many cases it's their own families (the wife's side) that are voting for the elected and receiving the usual handout in exchange for the vote. If you want to change something tell the wife to tell her family how stupid they're being in accepting money to make the rich even richer and if a new independent is standing in that area vote for him (or her). It might start the ball rolling by getting some real people (not democrat or the Thaksin crowd) into power

If you want to change something tell the wife to tell her family how stupid they're being in accepting money to make the rich even richer and if a new independent is standing in that area vote for him (or her). It might start the ball rolling by getting some real people (not democrat or the Thaksin crowd) into power

Have you ever tried telling a woman how stupid she and her family are?

Seems not or you would be in no condition to post on this forum.

The house speaker does have a job to do and there are certain rules associated with that job.

If he fails to do that job or breaks those rules then he should be challenged about it.

In some cases the Speaker is a member of the opposition, particularly if the numbers are about equal as it cuts down the votes against the Govt by one or possibly 2 if there is a deputy.

In this case he is a member of the majority party because they have a good majority.

So if he has not been doing his job as he should then it becomes the responsibility of the opposition party to keep him in line.

Had he been a member of the opposition party and not doing his job correctly the screams would have been heard all the way to (from) Dubai.

Clearly Somsak Kiatsuranont is a Thaksin lick spittle and is in breach of Articles 125 and 137 of the Constitution. A fair call by the Dems however I doubt justice will prevail under red democracy.

Edited by metisdead
You can stop using bold font to make your point and post using normal font.
  • Like 2

Only old men of pamper wearing age on the picture. Men who never won an election, they come to power through the kangaroo courts. Never mind, there will be a day that everyone is so fed up with these jokers that even former pimp Chuwit's party will be bigger.

I believe that some of them did win an election. That's how old some of them are.

But all the MPs in government and opposition won, otherwise they wouldn't be there.

Old men in a picture with some probably of the same age as our delightful PM Ms. Yingluck who may be the youngest of her parties MP's. Now if only those 111 could have participated in the 2011 election, we would really have a group of youngsters.

Anyway, as for the OP, I assume the Speaker of the House is targeted because he allowed his deputy who sponsored the bill being discussed, to function are arbitrator as well. sound like a conflict and a valid reason to seek his impeachment.

• Like 1

Clearly Somsak Kiatsuranont is a Thaksin lick spittle and is in breach of Articles 125 and 137 of the Constitution. A fair call by the Dems however I doubt justice will prevail under red democracy.

This is all so boring. Politicians on both sides of the fence are tarred with the same brush. The minor parties hook up with whoever they think will win the next election. It's all about getting your nose in the trough. Red shirts, yellow shirts, who cares? Same s**t, different smell. Is a world wide phenomenon in case you haven't noticed.

• Like 1

This is all so boring. Politicians on both sides of the fence are tarred with the same brush. The minor parties hook up with whoever they think will win the next election. It's all about getting your nose in the trough. Red shirts, yellow shirts, who cares? Same s**t, different smell. Is a world wide phenomenon in case you haven't noticed.

You've got it completely wrong (but basically right). The small parties hook up with whoever WINS the election. (regardless of what they say before the election.)

• Like 1

I think the time has really come to get rid of ALL Thai politicians and for some young, ex up and coming, university graduates from normal Thai families to start forming political parties with a real view of running the country and not bickering constantly amongst themselves. TV posters are forever (quite rightly) blaming the current parties but fail to realize that in many cases it's their own families (the wife's side) that are voting for the elected and receiving the usual handout in exchange for the vote. If you want to change something tell the wife to tell her family how stupid they're being in accepting money to make the rich even richer and if a new independent is standing in that area vote for him (or her). It might start the ball rolling by getting some real people (not democrat or the Thaksin crowd) into power

Ok well let's all Impeach one another .. ! good idea!! This will get rid of all of them and then Thailand can start afresh with a totally new governement, civil / criminal / constitution and whatever court wit new judges and all ... all brand new and sqeaky clean ... Let's go !! A big time clen up is so obviously needed here ... BUT can it be done in a peaceful way ...??sad.pngwai.gif ...

Do they never get tired of their stupid and childish games ?? rolleyes.gif

It seems they haven't as all sides are into name calling, allegations, official complaints and the ever popular law suits. You will find more mature behaviour in a school playground and what they don't realise it that when they really have an important and valid point it's immediately devalued because they've cried wolf so often that it's not taken seriously.

I would say however their only saving grace is that I have never met many Thais who care that much about politics or politicians. I live in a very red area of Isan and they really don't understand the issues just follow and repeat what they hear from red leaders, PTP and Mr.T which is exactly what is wanted.

I think it is their standard for Thai Parliamentary Procedure: to lie, cheat, accuse, frame, embezzle, steal, falsify, argue, digress, ignore, blame, pander, bribe, blackmail, distract, delay, thwart, neglect, and so on. Of course, they have different words for all of this. Of course.

I truly think that this is what they are all about, and it would appear that history demonstrates that view.

On the basis that the sitting government enjoys normally a very safe majority, how about stating in the constitution, that the speaker must come from the opposition to insure that reasonable time is given to dissenting opinion in the chamber?

Or is that thinking too far outside the box?

Ok well let's all Impeach one another .. ! good idea!! This will get rid of all of them and then Thailand can start afresh with a totally new governement, civil / criminal / constitution and whatever court wit new judges and all ... all brand new and sqeaky clean ... Let's go !! A big time clen up is so obviously needed here ... BUT can it be done in a peaceful way ...??sad.pngwai.gif ...

And I forgot the most important part // How and who will Impeach the Ex Thai / out of station Dubai Leader .//...??