Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

tremendous result and yeah toure looks as though he's relishing the new challenge and looks in great shape lets hope he's doing it legally !!!

and looks like i was well wrong bout your new keeper makes big saves when needed. what a goal by sturridge,best goal of the prem season so far? bit worrying though it was your only shot on target!!!, but hey 3 points at villa is bloody good going, best start for liverpool 4 13? years was it. Oh and thought Gerrards positional discipline at that holding role is improving every time i see him play there, 2 day imo he was outstanding,

Edited by rijit

tremendous result and yeah toure looks as though he's relishing the new challenge and looks in great shape lets hope he's doing it legally !!!

and looks like i was well wrong bout your new keeper makes big saves when needed. what a goal by sturridge,best goal of the prem season so far? bit worrying though it was your only shot on target!!!, but hey 3 points at villa is bloody good going, best start for liverpool 4 13? years was it. Oh and thought Gerrards positional discipline at that holding role is improving every time i see him play there, 2 day imo he was outstanding,

Yep Mignolet did it again when it counted.

I thought Sturridge had blown it, but the placement was sublime. All the lad ever needed was to start games and an arm around his shoulder to give him a bit of confidence.

I enjoyed that win more than a 4 nil, a good grind out result.

Villa should have got a point at the Bridge, won at the Emirates, not many teams will walk away with 3 points at Villa Park.

I think it is the best start for 5 years, not getting carried away but makes for a nice change.

I thought Sturridge had blown it, but the placement was sublime. All the lad ever needed was to start games and an arm around his shoulder to give him a bit of confidence.

Villa should have got a point at the Bridge, won at the Emirates, not many teams will walk away with 3 points at Villa Park.

I think it is the best start for 5 years, not getting carried away but makes for a nice change.

Come on Bob we're all waitng for it cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 2

Bob, you sound like you're getting carried away. Calm down lad.biggrin.png

• Like 1

Get excited Bob. Liverpool my pick for sleeper of the year. For whatever that's worth.wink.png

• Like 1

Oh and thought Gerrards positional discipline at that holding role is  improving every time i see him play there, 2 day imo  he was outstanding,

On the subject of Gerrard and the position he plays, I wonder if we can now all finally agree that holding is his best position and whether we can put to bed delusions of him ever again being used in an attacking role?

I remember all too well after the Euros last year in which he was so successfully used by Hodgson in a holding role, discussing with people on here about his future playing position, and a good number being defiantly adamant that his best position, in spite of what the Euros showed, was still attacking. My response to that nonsense was, "OK then, let's see what position Liverpool play him in from now on. That will be the proof of the pudding."

Well guys (you know who you are :D), pudding has been served, has it not?

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

yep fair play rodgers 4 sticking by it , but the reason why he wasn't used in the holding role b4 for England, was cos he wasn't very good at it, but seems he's sat down and relooked and 'restructured 'his game.and seems he's grasped that the roles primarily bout simplicity and cut his expansive,headline grabbing play down, could part explain the lack of shots on target yesterday. whether he will command an England place @that role, has yet to be seen, AT the defending HOLDING role IMO , carricks still better,and don't get into rant gerrards better Sure,he is better at attacking but not at the job in qestion ie a DEFENSIVE midfeilder. anyway ... we'll see .

Edited by rijit

yep fair play rodgers 4 sticking by it , but the reason why he wasn't used in the holding role b4 for England, was cos he wasn't very good at it, but seems he's sat down and relooked and 'restructured 'his game.and seems he's grasped that the roles primarily bout simplicity and cut his expansive,headline grabbing play down, could part explain the lack of shots on target yesterday. whether he will command an England place @that role, has yet to be seen, AT the defending HOLDING role IMO , carricks still better,and don't get into rant gerrards better Sure,he is better at attacking but not at the job in qestion ie a DEFENSIVE midfeilder. anyway ... we'll see .

With regards why he wasn't previously played in a holding position before, well yes of course, in his prime, so to speak, he was one of the best attacking midfielders in the world (although sadly never demonstrated whilst playing for England), so no logical reason to play him further back.

With regards who gets the nod for England between him and Carrick, it's six of one and half a dozen of another for me. I'd choose Gerrard for his crosses and free kicks and choose Carrick for his passes and distribution.

Anywho, I'll be happy just so long as we don't ever go back to those oh so tedious days of trying to play Gerrard and Lampard together.

But this is the Liverpool thread... sorry chaps.

yeah but that's the point rix mate, holding midfeilders don't do Freekicks or x's. when carricks scored a cracker not so lpng ago fergie was only half joking when he said he shouldn't have been there. . because of the un glamorous nature of holder it takes your average fan zip loads to appreciate what thay do , look at Vernon probably one of best EVER , still slagged , carricks only just being appreciated, are Lucas 2 degree ssuffered the same thing, i digress, yesterday was the 1st time i really saw gerrard 100% do the holding role , barring the goal your returns up the villa end suffered. and if gerrards gonna do that role permanantly ssomeone needs to step up and asmuch as imo an admirer of some of your players !!!, its a huge huge ask. saying that villa should be given some credit and there will be easier games

Edited by rijit

yeah but that's the point rix mate, holding midfeilders don't do Freekicks or x's.

To a point yeah but not sure if it needs to be such a hard and fast rule. In the last England game it was Gerrard's free kick that set up our first goal. Kinda depends what area of the pitch we are talking.

when carricks scored a cracker not so lpng ago fergie was only half joking when he said he shouldn't have been there. . because of the un glamorous nature of holder it takes your average fan zip loads to appreciate what thay do , look at Vernon probably one of best EVER , still slagged , carricks only just being appreciated, are Lucas 2 degree ssuffered the same thing, i digress, yesterday was the 1st time i really saw gerrard 100% do the holding role , barring the goal your returns up the villa end suffered. and if gerrards gonna do that role permanantly ssomeone needs to step up and asmuch as imo an admirer of some of your players !!!, its a huge huge ask. saying that villa should be given some credit and there will be easier games

You make a lot of good points. Can't disagree with any of that... aside from the disturbing implication that LFC is my team. Please don't do that again mate. ;):D

3 injuries in one night facepalm.gif

FSG have 5 days to do something or all this loaning, selling and balancing of books is whiffing a little to much of presentation for sale

last night hit us hard. no toure against united and too many players played 120 minutes. good time for united to be playing us this. we look a bit threadbare.

FSG have 5 days to do something or all this loaning, selling and balancing of books is whiffing a little to much of presentation for sale

last night hit us hard. no toure against united and too many players played 120 minutes. good time for united to be playing us this. we look a bit threadbare.

Oh gawd, not another team giving United a easy task! First Swansea forget their striker (Bony), then Chelsea forgot they were allowed to score as well, now you guys are folding.

I left it at 2 nil thought we'd be having an easy night.

Another CB has been on the cards the whole window, why didn't they get it sorted earlier and they'd be ready for Sunday. Hope Skrtel is up for it.

Threadbare in August facepalm.gif

Oh gawd, not another team giving United a easy task! First Swansea forget their striker (Bony), then Chelsea forgot they were allowed to score as well, now you guys are folding.

got a bad feeling about this one, like moyes is about to break his anfield duck. we're thin. need to get coutinho at phil jones and have henderson and gerrard attacking the hole in front of ferdinand and vidic. on paper they're much stronger than us, even given the drag factor of their manager.

I left it at 2 nil thought we'd be having an easy night.

Another CB has been on the cards the whole window, why didn't they get it sorted earlier and they'd be ready for Sunday. Hope Skrtel is up for it.

Threadbare in August facepalm.gif

FSG aren't what we need them to be. not loaded enough to take punts and gambles and afford to lose money etc. we're treading water still. and it's still the hicks and gillett legacy and the appalling mistake that was sacking benitez after one bad season.

• Like 1

Not loaded enough to take gambles? These idiots funded the transfer shambles with Carroll and much of the rest of your wage-bloated squad.

I just read this pathetic interview with Rick parry in which he also blamed the previous Yanks for Liverpool's ills. Bizarre, because he is also saying your last successes came under them in terms of getting into Europe...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/10271095/Rick-Parry-regrets-George-Gillett-and-Tom-Hicks-Liverpool-ownership.html

Not loaded enough to take gambles? These idiots funded the transfer shambles with Carroll and much of the rest of your wage-bloated squad.

I just read this pathetic interview with Rick parry in which he also blamed the previous Yanks for Liverpool's ills. Bizarre, because he is also saying your last successes came under them in terms of getting into Europe...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/10271095/Rick-Parry-regrets-George-Gillett-and-Tom-Hicks-Liverpool-ownership.html

oh hello captain sucks-a-lemon. 'they' funded the carroll debacle because we got £50m for torres as you well know. and parry's right to some extent in that we are still feeling the effects of H&G's downsizing and ripping off of the club in general. carpet baggers. and our last success in europe, a european cup win and another final plus consistent semi and quarter final appearances came because of benitez, and in spite of hicks, gillett, parry, moores and anyone else who wears a suit and doesn't know anything about football. parry's not really allowed to comment when he was part of the moores regime that sold the club to H&G instead of DIC for an additional £8m. buffoons.

sorry for puzzling you with all this talk of european cups by the way. g'night.

• Like 2

No 25m pound man yet then BB, perhaps Ted has been reading old Wilai posts laugh.png

The gift keeps giving 55555. Alfie, thanks for reminding everyone where I said the weakness was. As for the rest of youse...Grow some fukcin balls!!

oh hello captain sucks-a-lemon. 'they' funded the carroll debacle because we got £50m for torres as you well know. and parry's right to some extent in that we are still feeling the effects of H&G's downsizing and ripping off of the club in general. carpet baggers. and our last success in europe, a european cup win and another final plus consistent semi and quarter final appearances came because of benitez, and in spite of hicks, gillett, parry, moores and anyone else who wears a suit and doesn't know anything about football. parry's not really allowed to comment when he was part of the moores regime that sold the club to H&G instead of DIC for an additional £8m. buffoons.

sorry for puzzling you with all this talk of european cups by the way. g'night.

sorry for puzzling you with all this talk of european cups by the way.

I greatly appreciate the apology, because I WAS at first confused, but then I remembered, it's part of your 'history', right?

Anyway some interesting Man U games for you coming up in league and cup. Interested to see how Moysey will do against you without the jinx.

We've got Sigurdson going cheap, only 2 previous owners, low milage, technically very good, upgrade on Henderson, probaly let you have him for 8m, need a quick answer as he won't be around for long biggrin.png

We've got Sigurdson going cheap, only 2 previous owners, low milage, technically very good, upgrade on Henderson, probaly let you have him for 8m, need a quick answer as he won't be around for long biggrin.png

No thanks, we appreciate you guys buying another donkey and saving us some cash. Obviously you've been missing our games of late, Henderson is looking like he could reach his potential.

• Like 2

No thanks, we appreciate you guys buying another donkey and saving us some cash. Obviously you've been missing our games of late, Henderson is looking like he could reach his potential.

I thought you were going to say " looking like he could be a world beater" for a minute then biggrin.png

I thought you were going to say " looking like he could be a world beater" for a minute then biggrin.png

No, but I would rather have him then the Sig.

<deleted> is a world beater anyway? blink.png

talk of us lashing big money at yarmolenko now. smacks of desperation this, he's not that good and we could probably have got him miles cheaper six weeks ago.

yeah 23m Euro blink.png

Back in for llori too

I've been reading from more reliable sources that we will be keeping a closed shop on any transfer info until it is official announced. Not sure how that is possible these days.

Edited by BangrakBob