Royol Leaves Thai Water And Flood Management Commission

webfact

My job is done: Royol
THE NATION

30204838-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Hydro and Agro Informatics Institute director Royol Chitradon believed he had completed his mission when he decided to leave the Water and Flood Management Commission (WFMC) and handed his resignation to Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra on April 17.

"I have already done my job there and will now focus on my role at the Hydro and Agro Informatics Institute," Royol said.

However, WFMC chairman Deputy PM Plodprasop Suraswadi said he was not aware of Royol's resignation, though he acknowledged that it would not affect the water-management and flood-prevention mega-projects the commission was working on.

"Even if more academics quit, the jobs at hand can go ahead, as the procurement panel is now in charge," he said.

In a related development, a former adviser to Yingluck yesterday lodged a complaint with the Central Administrative Court's Environmental Division asking for an injunction against the acceptance of bids for the project.

"The bidding process should not go ahead at least until a final ruling comes out," Utain Shartpinyo said, claiming that these mega-projects would cause serious damage to local people.

"No feasibility studies were conducted before the projects' terms of reference were laid down," Utain said.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-04-26

Smart man, get out before the corruption takes place. Notice Plod was not even aware of his resignation even thought integrally involved. Minister for everything is incapable anyway.

And creats a vacancy for a real Yes man to fill

• Like 1

And 'nice' to see how the former Science Minister looks down on Academics in such a disparaging way.

Not hard to understand why Royol didn't tender a resignation to Plod. By going to the PM directly,

his explanation will become clear to more people.

Plod:

Oh my, education bad, those educated 'academics',

we don't need them, they don't know how the world works.

What a prat in power.

• Like 1

Quote from Plodprasop:

"Even if more academics quit, the jobs at hand can go ahead, as the procurement panel is now in charge," he said.

Forget the local people, forget the environmental impact studies, we'll just go ahead because we have the money.

What a prat, indeed.

• Like 1

""Even if more academics quit, the jobs at hand can go ahead, as the procurement panel is now in charge"

My translation of this would be "we know what to do, it's all transparently described two pages per project, so there's no more need for experts"