Another Pair Of Yellow Shirts Indicted Over 2008 Sieges Of Bangkok's Airports

webfact

^25 FarangTalk

No offence meant, it's just that in the past we had posters having seen with their own eyes, but only on photo's and video. Therefor the question, are you referring to having seen the photo you posted or have see been in Bangkok around 2008?

I have posted many times that I was there in person during the initial takeover by an armed militia and I flew out on one of the last flights before the airport was shut down completely.

I also had to return during the siege in a taxi several days later to recover my vehicle which was in the car-park.

• Like 1

That blockade did nothing more than piss off the visitors/tourists. We have a friends who were stuck at the airport for 36 hours with two young children a 2yr old and 4 yr old. They have never returned to Thailand and vowed never to do so. I avoid the airport which even on a very good day is the worst in the world. We fly from Chiangmai/Singapore and then onto Melbourne.

The blockade hurt many small business that depended on them to ship there goods and receive material for their manufacturing.

"... They were charged with unlawful assembly with more than 10 persons to create a disturbance..."

So the red invasion of the Royal Cliff Hotel with weapons, massive damage et al, the seizure of Bangkok and now the Constitutional Court is not unlawful?

Seriously? Is this not totally laughable and (further) waste of the public's money? Is this not the blind side of the Police in upholding Thai law? Idiots.

They really have no choice as in what to do. Thaksin has forbiden the which hunt for red shirt terroists leaders. to make himself look good he needs a large number of yellow shirts to look bad. Hence which hunt for yellow shirts.

I hope they go after the yellow shirts who spear headed the drive that has caused all the current friction with Cambodia. Of course Cambodia has already penalized two of them.smile.png

To Robbie NZ the reason they were not openly carrying guns

So you are telling me they did not have guns but are implying they were carrying them but they were hidden, not good enough bro.

The question still remains:

What weapons were they carrying and what damage did they do with them?

You see that's part of the charges against them and while I never did and still don't support them or their actions in taking over the airport I wonder where that part of the charges came from.

I also find it laughable that the red shirt supporters who have come out on this topic are calling the yellows 'terrorists, facists and geriatrics'.

So you are telling me they did not have guns but are implying they were carrying them but they were hidden, not good enough bro.

You see that's part of the charges against them and while I never did and still don't support them or their actions in taking over the airport I wonder where that part of the charges came from.

I also find it laughable that the red shirt supporters who have come out on this topic are calling the yellows 'terrorists, facists and geriatrics'.

TBF there is a pretty open clip on youtube of a yellow shirt protester with a guy firing a hand gun at something/someone. Not saying it was wide spread or reminiscent of what the red shirts did, but to pretend they did not have a militant element as well would be naive at best.

What the yellow shirts did was completely unacceptable, as was what the red shirts did. All who were involved and orchestrated it should face justice, but we all know this wont happen.

That blockade did nothing more than piss off the visitors/tourists. We have a friends who were stuck at the airport for 36 hours with two young children a 2yr old and 4 yr old. They have never returned to Thailand and vowed never to do so. I avoid the airport which even on a very good day is the worst in the world. We fly from Chiangmai/Singapore and then onto Melbourne.

>That blockade did nothing more than piss off the visitors/tourists. We have a friends who were stuck at the airport for 36 hours with two young children a 2yr old and 4 yr old. They have never returned to Thailand and vowed never to do so. I avoid the airport which even on a very good day is the worst in the world. We fly from Chiangmai/Singapore and then onto Melbourne.

overr reacting to something that happened 5 years ago.

It was an act of international terrorism, so why should they get away with it.

Well! if you commit an act of international terrorism, then you are surely a terrorist ! To take over an international airport and shut it down with force, that is terrorism.

>That blockade did nothing more than piss off the visitors/tourists. We have a friends who were stuck at the airport for 36 hours with two young children a 2yr old and 4 yr old. They have never returned to Thailand and vowed never to do so. I avoid the airport which even on a very good day is the worst in the world. We fly from Chiangmai/Singapore and then onto Melb

ourne.

overr reacting to something that happened 5 years ago.

Over reacting

http://www.asiaone.com/A1MEDIA/news/04Apr13/images/20130427.114037_reuters_airport.jpg

It is really amazing how some people "selectively forget" coffee1.gif

• Like 1