Renewing Retirement Visa & Moving At Approx. The Same Time

I am using the B 800,000 in the bank method for my Retirement Visa. My 90 day seasoning period for my new money will start in June & end in Sept. I am contemplating a move within Thailand, but am very flexible as to exactly when I do it. One consideration will be any complications that might arise in renewing my Visa. I will be moving to a city that is several hundred kilometres from where I now live, so want to avoid having to run back and forth between the two places.

Should I

a) move before June, and renew my visa in the new location, or

stay where I am and renew my visa, then move afterwards ?

Since you are moving you will have to use the office responsible for the area that you are moving to. The only problem that I see is that you might have to get the bank letter from the branch where you have the account which would require a trip back to your old home town. When you do move, file a TM 28 form, change of address, with the office responsible for the area.

You could move before the money seasoning period starts and move the bank account when you arrive. A branch of the same bank in your new town could made the arrangements. You want to do this a few days before the 90 day period, because the letter for your extension will come from the new branch.

Or you could wait until you get your extension and then move yourself and your money.

Or you could move yourself at any time, but leave the funds in your old branch bank until after you obtain the extension. I was under the impression you could get the letter from a branch in your new city, but it would take several days because they'll probably have to request it from their home office or the other branch. (at least this is the way Bangkok Bank works)

Don't mess with bank - keep money in account until you get the extension of stay - banks may close/open accounts and mess up the paperwork and no need for that. As for the move you can do anytime but will need to abide by any hoops of new location if done before next extension - I would do move after if you know the procedure where you are and comfortable with it.

At this point, I am in agreement with Lopburi 3. When I first got my Retirement Visa, I moved from Bkk. to Pattaya while it was being processed, after asking Bkk. Immigration if I was allowed to do so. They said I could complete the process in Pattaya. When I walkied into the Pattaya office, they told me I had to finish it in Bkk. That was only a minor inconvenience, as the two cities are quite close. But the same will not be true for this next move.

I have an account with Kasikorn in Bangkok and keep B800k deposited there for visa purposes.

I live in Korat immigration area (250km awayfrom Bangkok) and my local bank have always issued the visa letter, without problems, stating I have the required money and this has always been accepted by immigration.

The only consideration I would give regarding the move is that you will need proof of address for your extension - either blue book or rent/lease etc.

I would ensure you can get this for your new residence before the extension is due or alternatively, if any doubt, don't move till after the extension because without proof you'll be sent back to your previous immigration office.