Fruit Fly (Tephritidae) Traps

mo99

That sounds OK, but I was looking for the ones that contain the fly's pheromone to attract them before they breed and lay more eggs in my peppers! Just cracked open a Jalapeño today and full of maggots, not even ripe yet!

Do I understand correctly that fruit fly's are those very miniscule pests that always point at your eyes and stick to any ends of a loose wire or something ?

If so I would also be interested how to get rid of them, as my house is located in a agricultar area and they bother me a lot.

Do I understand correctly that fruit fly's are those very miniscule pests that always point at your eyes and stick to any ends of a loose wire or something ?

If so I would also be interested how to get rid of them, as my house is located in a agricultar area and they bother me a lot.

I believe that the OP is referring to the bigger, brightly coloured fruit flies.

Not Drosophila but Tephritidae.

Yes, Loong is correct they are a bit bigger and do a lot of damage to fruit before it is ripe.

Drosophilia melanogaster (common fruit fly)is not a pest, it may be a minor anoyance to us humans, but does not eat living fruit, only the fallen fruit. I have used D. melanogaster in the past to attrack benificials such as Dragon Flys.