Motorcycle Dealers?

I think there are more motorcycle dealers in Bangkok than there are grocery stores. Grab a motorcycle taxi driver and tell him to take you to a shop. You probably won't drive more than 5 minuites before you reach the shop.

That was my idea too. I mean, with about 100,000 of these things on the road there should be shops aplenty. Motorcycle taxi drivers have taken me to several places, but they just didn't have what I was looking for.

I think there are more motorcycle dealers in Bangkok than there are grocery stores. Grab a motorcycle taxi driver and tell him to take you to a shop. You probably won't drive more than 5 minuites before you reach the shop.

That was my idea too. I mean, with about 100,000 of these things on the road there should be shops aplenty. Motorcycle taxi drivers have taken me to several places, but they just didn't have what I was looking for.

Troll.

Troll.

What makes you think he is a troll? He has just asked a simple question about bike dealers in Bangkok. :o Nothing trollish about that.

What makes you think he is a troll? He has just asked a simple question about bike dealers in Bangkok. :o Nothing trollish about that.

Thanks! It is indeed a simple question. A friend just told me there's a large dealer on Ekkachai Road (Bangbon), near Samutsakorn / Rama II. It's quite far from where I live but I'll check that out.

Troll.

If you can’t find motorcycle dealers in Bangkok who sell 110cc motorbikes you must be quite thick.

I'm looking to buy a small motorcycle such as a Yamaha Nuovo / Mio / ZR (110cc). Does anyone know of any (large) dealers/showroom/shops in Bangkok which sells new ones?

There's a big one near Sirinakarin and a really big one in Klong Toey. Now where can I find one in Mississippi?

I'm looking to buy a small motorcycle such as a Yamaha Nuovo / Mio / ZR (110cc). Does anyone know of any (large) dealers/showroom/shops in Bangkok which sells new ones?

There's a big one near Sirinakarin and a really big one in Klong Toey. Now where can I find one in Mississippi?

First of all, thanks for the really helpful posts. I know where to go the next time.

Anyway, in case anyone is interested, there are a few dealers on Din Daeng (Suzuki, Yamaha, and Honda).

I was on my way to ask for some links to some online motorbike shops, I am interested in other versions than the ones in Thailand and really looking for manufacturers like Aprillia, Gilera, etc...but since I've seen the comments on the thread, I decided that I'd better take my chance and look for myself, I might have a good chance of being shot at than receiving an advice :o

alexth, I think you'll find that the small European bikes don't have a legal distributor in Thailand. I think BMW and Ducati do, and maybe Triumph, but it's doubtful there's much demand for what farang usually consider 'teensy-weensy' size sportbikes. Good luck; the usual sites like Siam Superbike have the Euro oddities, but I'd be surprised to find an Aprilia 250, for example.

OTOH, if you're looking for an Aprilia RSV 1000 Factory, I can't help you.

Here's a list of shops that sell bikes other than the Thai made ones.

Red Baron is worth checking out. They have a huge service shop, and second-hand parts garage, although the second-hand parts are a bit pricey.

They recently had for sale an RSV Mille (old style) and an RS125 race-rep. They even have a couple of Bimotas in there. The Thai market for big bikes is much larger than the ex-pat market, and you can get pretty much anything you want if you're prepared to wait for it.

Here's a shop selling Thai bikes that has a pretty big selection and isn't tied to a paticular brand. Ying Yong.. You may have been there already. It's the Ekkachai Road one.