Ebay Item Has Not Yet Arrived,

chiangrai

I ordered a pair of glasses and a t-shirt from America on eBay.

from different sellers one day apart.

The glasses came ages ago and the t-shirt never came.

I wrote to the seller and he sent me a tracking number.

Anyone know what good the tracking number is or what I can do with it.

If he has recorded a tracking number, it should appear in the details of your order in the Purchase History at eBay, and that should include a clickable link to track the item. USPS First class international mail doesn't sound like something that's normally traceable.

If it was sent by EMS or registered mail (or theoretically parcel post) once it reaches Thailand it can be tracked at the Thai Post Office tracking site

http://track.thailandpost.co.th/trackinterneT/DEFAULT.ASPX

If it's been a very long time, and the seller hasn't been helpful, go to the "resolution center" on eBay and open a case.

I know people like to jump to the conclusion that the problem is with the Thai Post Office, but I've found that these days the USPS is getting worse and worse. Tracking eBay items sent to or from the US, I've found things can take twice as long to go from A to B in the US than between the US and your Thai Post Office.

The mail in this country SUCKS. eBay purchases take upto 3 months to get here; in more than one instance the shipment got returned as the mailman did not even dare to put in a pink card informing about arrival and hence to be picked up by me. Just another sign of seeing this country going down the toilet!

Actually my recent eBay orders have arrived faster and more often than it used to be (after I went in to th Naklua post office and had a friendly chat with the guy in charge of delivery). Delivery before was an average of 17 days, last parcel arrived after just 10.

The mail in this country SUCKS. eBay purchases take upto 3 months to get here; in more than one instance the shipment got returned as the mailman did not even dare to put in a pink card informing about arrival and hence to be picked up by me. Just another sign of seeing this country going down the toilet!

It will only take that sort of time if you get the seller to send it to you via normal surface mail - boats take a while to travel from the USA to Thailand. Mine takes on average 7 days max with USPost airmail and 5 days via EMS and as quick as 3 days via a US drop box. You get what you pay for.

• Like 1

O.K,

Thanks to all who helped,

I can't find a shipping date but the glasses were paid on April 12 and came in a matter of days but they were super light,as light as an envelope.

The T-shirt was paid on April 12.Could it be that the glasses were considered an envelope and the t-shirt was considered a parcel.

I tried the two websites recommended but both said 'cannot be found'.

Me Missus rang the Thai Postal Tracking service and he couldn't find it.

He said it should have arrived by now but that the codes from America cannot start with LK.........

and that he would get back to us.

It's not that I'm in a hurry it's my first time shopping on the internet and the glasses came so fast.

I'm wondering what's up and should I be doing something about it.

If the number cannot be found on Thai Post or USPS sites then the seller has either given you a incorrect tracking number or he has not shipped the item

Message him to say that the number does not work, if he does not reply within 48 hours then open a Paypal dispute for item not received

You have 45 days from the date of payment to do this, do not let it go over 45 days, after that you cannot claim for non receipt

I have another item I'm waiting for,it's not late but I'm trying to track it.

It's coming from china and has no tracking number,

it just says economy international shipping-FREE''

I'm sorry if these questions are a bit simplistic but I'm new to all this.

Ive had a few parcels sent by my family gone missing.

Then our postman was sacked under mysterious circumstances.

Since then we tip the new guy and only one parcel has gone missing.

I want to learn to track.

I've bought many things on ebay, and even though they have taken up to 6 weeks, they have all arrived. Saved a fortune as most of them were free postage. Ever tried replacing parts for Garmin GPS in Thailand??

The key is to contact the Seller through Ebay if concerned about its location. Of course "if" shipped with a tracking number the Seller is also just going to enter the tracking number into the applicable mail/shipping service tracking system and give you that info....just like you could have done. But he seller might tell you that the item was returned to him (although not reflected in the tracking system) because he failed to use a customs label and he reshipped it on day XYZ. For shipments going overseas from the U.S. it's not uncommon to see the last known location as port/sorting/shipping location XYZ, but hopefully it will also show it has "left" that location vs just arrived. And once arriving on the other end, say Thailand, the USPS tracking system may never reflect arrival in the tracking system since it requires someone on the Thailand end to update the USPS system which may not occur. This has happened to me numerous times, but the items always arrived although they may take 30-45 days sometimes. Even the so call Air Postal shipments that some sellers use like from places in mainland China/Hong Kong must use a plane which only flies a few miles per day because those type of shipments can take weeks/over a month also....probably the only place they are airborne is when the mailman tosses them into the truck or boat. And some sellers ship items without any tracking number.

If you haven't rec'd the item after 30 days you should contact the seller through Ebay...and be doubly sure to file with Ebay/PayPal before the 45 day point. If you haven't already contacted the seller the Ebay/PayPal resolution process will start that...basically Ebay/PayPal is going to force at least one communication between you and the seller and normally the seller is given 7 days to respond. If the seller don't respond through the resolution process then chances are high PayPal will refund your money...actually they probably just do a chargeback against the payment they earlier gave the seller when you paid via PayPal...but you don't really care as PayPal has credited your account with a refund.

The wife and I have used Ebay over many years to buy hundred of items...with probably 50 or more items being shipped to us here in Thailand. I think there has only be two or three times where the item took longer than 45 days to arrive (from U.S. or China sellers) but I had already resolved the issue with the Seller and/or Ebay/PayPal...by resolved I mean the seller reshipped another one that arrived really fast or PayPal refunded our payment.

Contact the seller through Ebay...go to Ebay and read-up on the resolution process. Good luck.

Edited by Pib

What track-trace .com says,

Item status-Depart USPS sort facility-April 22-Los Angeles-Internathional letter.

Does that mean it's left America.

If so the Thai tracking website cannot find it.

It's been 27 days since I paid.

What track-trace .com says,

Item status-Depart USPS sort facility-April 22-Los Angeles-Internathional letter.

Does that mean it's left America.

Yes - left America.

Quite often on these tracking sites, I find it shows various entries until the item leaves the country (ie last entry at a sort facility at an international airport somewhere) - and then after that, nothing shown until delivery.