Just Back From My Second Visit To Thailand

Rik325i

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'll tell you something Rik325i. You've got people talking.

BTW. Richard Branson is quoted as saying he worked on gut feel. If the idea felt good he could turn it into a success.

His business plan was execution. Not the idea.

And without wishing to sound bossy, use some teak and rosewood for the top end stuff.

tgf's papa will thank you for it I think.

good luck.

I am going to be using Teak and Rosewood for high end stuff, also fibreglass and upholstery techniques normally reserved for custom cars

more coming soon............wai.gif

Maybe your target market could be outside of Thailand?

Fibreglass and upholstery techniques normally reserved for custom cars are right up the Chinese street.

hmm, another idea, thanks, how to access that market poses even more questions

Im going to build my first piece here in scotland anyway and see how that goes, start with babysteps so to speak

fibreglass or Siam rosewood?

Something tells me I shouldn't be asking this question.

I will be using solid woods and fibreglass(part upholstered,part spraypainted) together in many of my designs, im not going to go into great detail because i often find it hard to explain the ideas i have in my head in an understandable fashion, also, i tend to have a vague concept in my mind of how i want the finished article to look then sort of modify the design to my liking as im constructing it, similar fashion as i built the bodykit of my car which you can see here if you are interested http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3002876/1990-bmw-3-series/

OP, If it hasn't been suggested already, you would learn a lot about the experiences of others and their resolutions (if any) by reading the

Marriage and Divorce section here. Be sure to also read the Family and Children forum.

It will be a real eye-opener. I'm not predicting bad things, but you will learn what the risks are, and how to protect yourself from them. You will also learn what some of the consequences might be.

Knowledge is power, as they say.

Good luck.

Edited by NeverSure
  • Like 1

... its so enjoyable reading the diversity of comments to this thread and whilst i take much of the advice offered, think about it, apply it to my situation and discard what i deem not relevant at the time, i know im going to make mistakes but im going to give this a shot anyway and see where it leads, you only live once after all

With that attitude, you have a better then most chance of making it ... thumbsup.gif

Also, you might try your hand at Farming for, you seem to have a developing ability to sort the wheat from the chaff.

Drop by the Farming Forum ... some real decent people there.

Just be careful Rik325i. The Thais, from what I've read, are like the Balinese, more twists than a snake with a broken back. I have some experience with the Balinese in business, and was more than lucky to escape with my shirt, no financial loss, but didn't get the huge profits that were mine.

Just be careful Rik325i. The Thais, from what I've read, are like the Balinese, more twists than a snake with a broken back. I have some experience with the Balinese in business, and was more than lucky to escape with my shirt, no financial loss, but didn't get the huge profits that were mine.

I hear you sir, one of the reasons ive decided to give it a shot, producing one off pieces of furniture in scotland and in thailand is so i can keep seperate accounts, i may do limited runs of a number of pieces if the interest is high enough but the ultimate goal is not to open a factory but keep the business with just me and my own ideas, i have no intention of trying to become a millionair, just earn a comfortable living