Tonneau Cover For Pajero Sport

Does anyone know if there is a tonneau cover for the pajero sport here in Thailand? I see there are indents in the rear cargo area to insert a tonneau cover and since the PJS is assembled here in Thailand I would suppose they have one available?

Thanks VocalNeal, I saw some available at Alibaba.com for the Pajero Sport and interestingly they call them tonneau covers...

I didn't see any in the official brochure of original accesories but ill call up the Mitsu dealer tomorrow and ask

Thanks VocalNeal, I saw some available at Alibaba.com for the Pajero Sport and interestingly they call them tonneau covers...

I didn't see any in the official brochure of original accesories but ill call up the Mitsu dealer tomorrow and ask

I have been looking for one for 3 years and have never found anything. I even tried in Australia and there was nothing. I don't know why such an accessory would not be available from Mitsubishi as all the fixture points are there as you say. If you find something please let me know.

If you don't have any immediate luck with your local Mitsu dealer (and likely you won't because if they don't know what it is, it doesn't exist), your best chance will be to contact an Australian dealer's parts dept and get a part number.

Then take that part number to your Mitsu dealer and just say "Order This Please".. Note: Ignore the price the Australian dealer provides - the Thai price will be a mere fraction of that ;)

I did this exact procedure for a number of 'no have' accessories on the wife's old PJS ;)

I just called the Mitsu dealer at Sukhumvit 71 and they say that Mitsu Thailand does not produce the cover, but the staff I talked to has seen several PJS owners with it installed. He however did not ask where they got it.

I searched Alibaba.com again and found one company in China that produces such a cover with the minimal order of 5 and in their review find one happy Thai customer who ordered the cover in March this year...

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/677669577/Mitsubishi_Pajero_PU_tonneau_cover.html

http://suvcm.en.alibaba.com/company_profile/feedback.html

Minimum order is 5 - are there 4 of you out there willing to order along with me? :)

I'll try contacting Mitsu AU and find out what the parts number is for the cover and ask Mitsu Suk 71 if they can order....

Edited by einstein640

If you don't have any immediate luck with your local Mitsu dealer (and likely you won't because if they don't know what it is, it doesn't exist), your best chance will be to contact an Australian dealer's parts dept and get a part number.

Then take that part number to your Mitsu dealer and just say "Order This Please".. Note: Ignore the price the Australian dealer provides - the Thai price will be a mere fraction of that wink.png

I did this exact procedure for a number of 'no have' accessories on the wife's old PJS wink.png

IMHO, when the Mitsu dealer ordered the accessory, did you have to pay for the import tax?

Then take that part number to your Mitsu dealer and just say "Order This Please".. Note: Ignore the price the Australian dealer provides - the Thai price will be a mere fraction of that wink.png

I did this exact procedure for a number of 'no have' accessories on the wife's old PJS wink.png

IMHO, when the Mitsu dealer ordered the accessory, did you have to pay for the import tax?

No, because the parts all come from TH anyway ;)

• Like 1

No, because the parts all come from TH anyway wink.png

Is that the same with Mazda parts such as the reversing camera mirror for the BT 50 which is available in Australia but not here?

Could try IMHO's suggestion with the part Number shown at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nonitoj/6058254287/in/photostream/

The Dakar is a version of the PJS in Indonesia.

I will go and check if available through Mitsu spares today and if you can get it in black or cream colour. If not available maybe we can get together and order 5 as suggested but we need to know a price first. I think i could sell 5 in Mukdahan, no problem actually.

No, because the parts all come from TH anyway wink.png

Is that the same with Mazda parts such as the reversing camera mirror for the BT 50 which is available in Australia but not here?

In the case if the BT-50, there are several dozen accessories that are designed by, and sourced by, Mazda AU themselves. Some might be sourced from TH, but even then there's no guarantee they are sourced via Mazda TH channels.

Could try IMHO's suggestion with the part Number shown at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nonitoj/6058254287/in/photostream/

I will go and check if available through Mitsu spares today and if you can get it in black or cream colour. If not available maybe we can get together and order 5 as suggested but we need to know a price first. I think i could sell 5 in Mukdahan, no problem actually.

I've sent off an enquiry to Peter Chen, owner of the company that produces the cover for a quote and shipping details. Will update once I get a response from him. How do we go about doing this- with everyone all over Thailand and you in Mukdahan?? Any ideas? :D

I've sent off an enquiry to Peter Chen, owner of the company that produces the cover for a quote and shipping details. Will update once I get a response from him. How do we go about doing this- with everyone all over Thailand and you in Mukdahan?? Any ideas? biggrin.png

I have checked it out with Mitsu Mukdahan useing the part No Supplied, 7237A050HA. They say they can have it in 3 Days if ordered But the Price is a bit steep i think, 13,880 Baht. So we will see what your guy comes back with.

I've sent off an enquiry to Peter Chen, owner of the company that produces the cover for a quote and shipping details. Will update once I get a response from him. How do we go about doing this- with everyone all over Thailand and you in Mukdahan?? Any ideas? biggrin.png

I have checked it out with Mitsu Mukdahan useing the part No Supplied, 7237A050HA. They say they can have it in 3 Days if ordered But the Price is a bit steep i think, 13,880 Baht. So we will see what your guy comes back with.

Yikes! No way I spend that amount for this object...

any chance of a volume discount? 555

Edited by watcharacters
  • Like 1

I knew it :)

Note to those still interested: The Australian market Challenger doesn't have the cream interior color - Oz market models are black & gray interiors (like the 2013 GT models here), so you may want to check the part color first, and ask if there's any color options for the part.

Could he also just call the Mitsu headquarters in Bangkok for that part number?

Unlikely they'd have any familiarity with the part, but it will show up when the proper number is typed in..

Good news.... Peter Chen got back to me this morning:

The price would be 50 USD/set if you order 5 sets.

Of course we can delivery these items to different address in Thailand, the best way is Fedex because it is more cheap of shipping cost. shipping time will abotu 3-7 days.

the shipping cost will be 40 USD/set if separate shipping. if shipping 2 sets the shipping cost wont change (2 sets in one box).

if shipping 5 sets to same address, the shipping cost will be 85 USD. (2 sets pacakage in one box), total 3 boxes.

- So it all sounds reasonable enough... who stays in the BKK area and who stays in the province? We'll have to factor in the tax which might cost about 600-700 baht along with the shipping

Any questions you have regarding the cover?

Edited by einstein640
  • Like 1

Aren't any of the after market suppliers selling these? The PJS is so common on the roads here.

Well it's more of a privacy cover than anything else, and most people here have got enough of that already with their 60-80% tint ;)

• Like 1

Aren't any of the after market suppliers selling these? The PJS is so common on the roads here.

Well it's more of a privacy cover than anything else, and most people here have got enough of that already with their 60-80% tint wink.png

What about the back shelf cuddly toys & toilet paper tissue boxes laugh.png

It is a girlie car giggle.gif

That sounds like it will come in at under US$100 per cargo blind which is very reasonable i think. It all depends on what Customs Duty they whack on it. I am definately interested to have one at around this price and my prefered Colour is Black, If there is no Black my second choice is Creame. Don't forget i'm in Mukdahan but transport is no problem, it could even go on the Bus up to here. When you have worked out the price which won't be until you have them through Customs you can let me know the total cost and i will transfer you the money, no problem.