Thailand - Australia Boost Bilateral Cooperation

george

Thailand-Australia boost bilateral cooperation

BANGKOK: -- Thailand and Australia have agreed to strengthen bilateral ties and cooperations in various areas, particularly in customs services.

The gesture was agreed at a meeting here Thursday between caretaker Foreign Minister Kantathi Suphamongkhon and newly-appointed Australian Ambassador to Thailand William Paterson.

The Australian top envoy paid a courtesy call on the Thai foreign minister after taking office here.

Australian will send officials to Thailand to cooperate with their Thai couterparts in customs procedures, according to the Thai foreign minister.

Mr. Kantathi said he also discussed regional issues with the new Australian top envoy, including the situation in Myanmar and the Korean Peninsula.

"Canberra and Bangkok share a common view that sanction will not be a good solution to concerns over Myanmar's human rights problem, and that more attempts should be made to integrate Myanmar into the international community," he told journalists.

Australia's preparations to host the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) forums next year were also discussed at the meeting, said Mr. Kantathi.

--TNA 2006-03-23

I heared so much for free trade and hoped to get good australian wine for a normal price, but still nothing in sight. does anyone know if it will ever happen good wine for 100-200 baht per bottle?

I heared so much for free trade and hoped to get good australian wine for a normal price, but still nothing in sight. does anyone know if it will ever happen good wine for 100-200 baht per bottle?

about the same time Australia and Thailand become 'drug free' .... :o

there is a bit of a market in australia for bananas and sugar now I would think

about the same time Australia and Thailand become 'drug free' .... :o

there is a bit of a market in australia for bananas and sugar now I would think

:D:D:D

I don't know if thats funny or sad......

but most probably true

40 import duties and for sure 7 vat and maybe some funny alcohol tax as well.

In Austria (not Australia) you can buy really good wine at 50 baht/liter (if you know a little bit about it) and everyone is earning money.

And here its sooo bad, absolut hel_l wine wise....

Currently Australian wine import duties are 40% and it will gradually be reduced to 0% in 2015.