Man Who Killed Ex-Wife In Bangkok Lands In Israel

webfact

Carol's family must be thrilled that Eli was set free.

Be careful with your criticism, think about who made the decision to free him

I'd rather think about the question why this particular person was pardoned...

One only need to influence those who provide the critical information to those who hold power. Such channels have long been open to influence and were the basis of the scandals about 25 years ago involving the purchasing of royal decorations.

Carol's family must be thrilled that Eli was set free.

Be careful with your criticism, think about who made the decision to free him

I'd rather think about the question why this particular person was pardoned...

One only need to influence those who provide the critical information to those who hold power. Such channels have long been open to influence and were the basis of the scandals about 25 years ago involving the purchasing of royal decorations.

Each year, on his birthday, the KIng issues a royal clemency which commutes prisoners sentences by category of crime. It doesn't need to be applied for and is not related to individual prisoners, It's also a cumulative reduction. I think that he was not pardoned but was released due to this clemency and the articles stating he was pardoned are wrong. However, maybe it me that's wrong! Could be......

Edited by ricklev

"Posted Today, 09:11

All very distasteful.

Who passes a 150 year sentence?"

America does it all the time!!!!

They are crazy too.

Here's how it works, if you really want to know. Someone is arrested for committing several crimes. Let's say he murders 5 people. He is tried for each offense, and is convicted on each and receives 30 years for each. The judge says they will be served consecutively and not concurrently. That means when he finishes serving one sentence, he begins to serve the next.

There is a good reason for this. There is no doubt that he is a dangerous killer and he should never see the light of day again. But he might appeal the convictions and get one or two overturned. So now he is still stuck with at least 3 30 year sentences and still won't see the light of day.

Each country's system is a little different and you have to work with what you have.

I think that letting this butcher out in 8 years is an affront to decency. But Thailand has a right to operate it's own system. If they can dump him onto Israel where he came from and spend no more time or money on him, maybe that's the motivation. I have no idea.

Condolences to the family.

All very distasteful.

They are crazy too.

Here's how it works, if you really want to know. Someone is arrested for committing several crimes. Let's say he murders 5 people. He is tried for each offense, and is convicted on each and receives 30 years for each. The judge says they will be served consecutively and not concurrently. That means when he finishes serving one sentence, he begins to serve the next.

There is a good reason for this. There is no doubt that he is a dangerous killer and he should never see the light of day again. But he might appeal the convictions and get one or two overturned. So now he is still stuck with at least 3 30 year sentences and still won't see the light of day.

Each country's system is a little different and you have to work with what you have.

I think that letting this butcher out in 8 years is an affront to decency. But Thailand has a right to operate it's own system. If they can dump him onto Israel where he came from and spend no more time or money on him, maybe that's the motivation. I have no idea.

And this makes sence ? Not in my world. If sombody deserves to stay in jail for ever, tell the world that the bast.rd has to stay in jail for the rest of his/her life. The technicalities about how many 30 year sentenses the person gets is only money for the defence counsels. It`s not interesting for the victims, they just want to know the realities.

All very distasteful.

They are crazy too.

And this makes sence ? Not in my world. If sombody deserves to stay in jail for ever, tell the world that the bast.rd has to stay in jail for the rest of his/her life. The technicalities about how many 30 year sentenses the person gets is only money for the defence counsels. It`s not interesting for the victims, they just want to know the realities.

Thailand isn't your world. The US isn't but people always have to bring it up, off topic. Maybe nowhere on this planet is your world.

This guy got out in 8 years. I consider that worse than almost any alternative.

Edited by NeverSure

It is not unusual for foreign prisoners to be sent to their country of origin to complete the term of imprisonment. It is now up to Israel to decide what they want to do.

This case is slightly different, in that, he was pardoned by HM the King and therefore deemed to have served his sentence and is otherwise considered a free man. Unless Israel can indite Mr Cohen on something else, this case is done.

Agree. Wonder why it almost always became necessity to restate what should be obvious.