Motor Auction In/close To Pattaya

AMP101

Good day folks.

I am trying to find any auctions in Pattaya or the surroudning areas.

I am speaciffly looking to buy motorbikes only. I have heard rumours before of reposession/bank auctions where it would be possible to buy multiple bikes at a good price.

Thank you.

Try Collinbourne Auction house, on Soi Chaiyapruk 2, on the East side of Suk. They have about 20 bikes every Saturday, all in running order, and not bad prices. Most are smaller bikes, and a few big bikes. Check out the web site. There are pics of the bikes, starting sometime Thursday.

I heard there use to be auctions on Thepprasit, but have not heard from any members who have been to one recently. I was at Big C on Suk a few days ago and they had a big car auction. I didn't see any bikes, but there might have been. Not sure how to get notice on these events though!

Maybe somebody else can help here, but I've heard you have to be careful when you get a bike as to where it's registered. I've read it's a very difficult to get this changed if need be.

There is more of a problem if not registered in Chonburi, but if you buy something at Collinbourne, then they will guide you with the paperwork. I dont know about the Big C auctions, but just guessing, you might be going out on a limb, if you buy there, unless your a bike buyer, and have done it often.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know if the Theprasit rd Auction by the furniture store is still running. I was there Last Fri 2nd Aug and it was not there. In a previous post I read that the Auction was open on the last Friday of every month. Can any readers confirm this? Thanks in advance.

Try Collinbourne Auction house, on Soi Chaiyapruk 2, on the East side of Suk. They have about 20 bikes every Saturday, all in running order, and not bad prices. Most are smaller bikes, and a few big bikes. Check out the web site. There are pics of the bikes, starting sometime Thursday.

Be lucky to find one there let alone multiple and the 2K surcharge for the luxury of purchasing there makes most items more expensive than private sales. If you can get upto BKK,Lad Prao every Saturday, all bikes are legal and taxed etc to date....some great bargains to be had even costing in shipping them down here.

They don't take any bigger bikes anymore due to registration problems with bikes from other provinces.

Small bike only because they are usually fro Chonburi.

Cheers

They don't take any bigger bikes anymore due to registration problems with bikes from other provinces.

Small bike only because they are usually fro Chonburi.

Cheers

also really?

on offer this saturday

shadow, vulcan, steeds, CBR

http://collingbourne-auctioneers.com/epattayamotorauction.html

Be lucky to find one there let alone multiple and the 2K surcharge for the luxury of purchasing there makes most items more expensive than private sales. If you can get upto BKK,Lad Prao every Saturday, all bikes are legal and taxed etc to date....some great bargains to be had even costing in shipping them down here.

Thanks everyone for the info so far. Looking for a Honda Click. Very few for sale here in Pattaya it seems. Think I will go the Bkk option. Does anyone have details on the Lad Prao Saturday auctions or other Bkk auctions? Cheers

Thanks everyone for the info so far. Looking for a Honda Click. Very few for sale here in Pattaya it seems. Think I will go the Bkk option. Does anyone have details on the Lad Prao Saturday auctions or other Bkk auctions? Cheers

http://collingbourne-auctioneers.com/emotorcar13.html

nice looking click on offer at collingbournes

i saw it less than an hour ago

There are no Bike Auctions in Pattaya, there are a couple in BKK about three times a week

really?

http://collingbourne-auctioneers.com/epattayamotorauction.html

I think he's refering to the bike auctions at Big-C and on Theprasit.

I saw an auction at Big C a few months ago. It was hot, so didn't stick around to see what was going on. Seemed to be mainly cars, but again I didn't check things out. It was quite a large auction with quite a large number of people.

I bought my bike new, but if I wanted to get a used bike, I would try Collinbourne, since as I said before, its rather easy to buy, without running all around Bkk or further to try and save a few baht, and end up paying more. Also, if its not registered in Chonburi, it will cost you a bit more, and I just dont like running around doing paper work, = Lazy!

I bought my bike new, but if I wanted to get a used bike, I would try Collinbourne, since as I said before, its rather easy to buy, without running all around Bkk or further to try and save a few baht, and end up paying more. Also, if its not registered in Chonburi, it will cost you a bit more, and I just dont like running around doing paper work, = Lazy!

i agree on paperwork

i just give it the agent on sukhumvit

let them work it out

i agree on paperwork

let them work it out

Hi blackman. It would be helpful if you could be more specific. Sukhumvit, as you will know, is a very long road and "the agent" ????? Maybe you meant "Let US work it out."

ok , its been discussed here many times before

some members have even posted pictures of the premises

however, its on the pattaya forum so its gonna be on the sukhumvit road section of Pattaya

its actually between pattaya klang and pattaya nua

its on the left side headed to bangkok

its sited almost opposite where the up ramp to the new motorway out of town leaves sukhumvit road

its got a sign outside with a big gear cog on it

it has a double shop front entrance with a visible ramp and pit

they will tax, examine, test, register and deal with most issues regarding the legality of cars and motorbikes in this province or any other

have i been helpful?

• Like 1

Google union auction bangkok.

By far the best auction facility in Thailand.

everything you could imagine , small bikes big bikes , and you should see the deals you can get on the cars.

All legit and above board , have friends in Phuket that have buisiness here purely on buying at the auction and reselling in Phuket.

Google union auction bangkok.

By far the best auction facility in Thailand.

everything you could imagine , small bikes big bikes , and you should see the deals you can get on the cars.

All legit and above board , have friends in Phuket that have buisiness here purely on buying at the auction and reselling in Phuket.

Union auction was a joke with prices through the roof....Not selling prices but reserve prices. When i was there they sold less then 5% of the cars rolling through....I did not go to the bike auction so it might be different......

http://collingbourne-auctioneers.com/emotorcar13.html

nice looking click on offer at collingbournes

i saw it less than an hour ago

Thanks again all posters. Went to Collingbournes on Sat. Plenty of bikes. The Honda Click was a year 2012, with 16,000 K's. Bald tires, front shocks gone. Otherwise not too bad. Sold for 32,000 bht. Add 2K for commission equals 34,000 bht. Hardly a bargain IMO. Lots of other interesting stuff being sold at the general auction however.

i agree on paperwork

let them work it out

Hi blackman. It would be helpful if you could be more specific. Sukhumvit, as you will know, is a very long road and "the agent" ????? Maybe you meant "Let US work it out."

however, its on the pattaya forum so its gonna be on the sukhumvit road section of Pattaya

its sited almost opposite where the up ramp to the new motorway out of town leaves sukhumvit road

they will tax, examine, test, register and deal with most issues regarding the legality of cars and motorbikes in this province or any other

have i been helpful?

To add to what Blackman said.

I registered a car via them from out of the area back end of last year. Paid the money. Got the book No hassles.

There was a delay of a couple of days but not down to them, it was down to the office in BKK where the car was registered.

i agree on paperwork

let them work it out

have i been helpful?

yep it the best by far and i have tried a few,

also the op might want to look at this website. bike auction wednesday

http://www.manheimthailand.com/cms/html/video_1.html