Surgeon Recommendation

chiang mai

Not a bigee, I'm looking for a surgeon to remove a folicular tumor from my forearm, they sit just under the skin so this is not major surgery by any means however they do tend to grow quite large and become unsightly.

There's five surgeons listed on the pinned list, one at RAM and four at Rajavej, since I've no experience with any of them I wonder if anyone can make a recommendation?

Thanks in advance.

Many thanks to both posters and to Tywais, that's three good recommendations from three reliable sources, Dr Siri at Sriphat/private, Dr Trichak at RAM and Dr Ekacai Paiboonworachat at RAM.

I've got what I need so no need to post anything further on this..

Cheers

Edited by chiang mai

Sounds, really, like you have a cyst, not a tumor. Usually, a dermatological surgeon does this sort of thing, but general surgeons shouldn't have a problem with it. I expect they will do a biopsy as routine although it would be unusual to find anything nasty.

Good luck!

Sounds, really, like you have a cyst, not a tumor. Usually, a dermatological surgeon does this sort of thing, but general surgeons shouldn't have a problem with it. I expect they will do a biopsy as routine although it would be unusual to find anything nasty.

Good luck!

I also thought my previous one was a cyst but the surgeon told me differently, It's actually called a follicular tumor, a grey solid mass that has the texture of leather, it starts by wrapping itself around the hard follicle duct hence its name. Appranetly they can grow almost anywhere on the biopsy and just becuae it's classified as a tumor doesn't make it any the more dangerous. I had one two inches away from the new growth site about four years ago and a surgeon at Bumrungrad removed it very easily and subsequently sent it for biopsy. They are rarely cancerous although they do tend to grow quite quickly and become unsightly plus the scar can be quite lengthy (the previous one was a twelve stitch job). Getting it removed early is therefore the better option.

Edited by chiang mai

Just to wrap this up:

in the end I went with Dr Trichak and he was just fine, I'm confident the outcome would have been the same no matter which of the three I would have chosen. The procedure took half an hour and cost THB4,400 including biopsy, Dr Trichak is a very pleasant man with good English language skills and a great disposition, I can highly recommend.

Just to wrap this up:

in the end I went with Dr Trichak and he was just fine, I'm confident the outcome would have been the same no matter which of the three I would have chosen. The procedure took half an hour and cost THB4,400 including biopsy, Dr Trichak is a very pleasant man with good English language skills and a great disposition, I can highly recommend.

Pleased all went well and I agree with your assessment of Dr.Trichak.