Etihad Slashes Fares

BANGKOK, 20 May 2013: Just two days remain to grab Etihad Airways latest discounts on fares to Europe and the US.

Fares to Ireland’s Dublin sell as low as Bt23,750 and to Manchester in the UK at Bt27,605. The fares must be purchased by 22 May and travel has to be completed by 31 July.

Those are just two of the fare bargains that cut fares to Europe and some points in the US by approximately Bt5,000.

Continued:
http://www.ttrweekly.com/site/2013/05/etihad-slashes-fares/

• Like 1

Etihad.con

So why are their fares from Abu Dhabi to BKK upwards of a $1000?

Enough seats are sold without need for price reduction. Abu Dhabi economy is OK. . UK economy is not.

Anyway, 2 days offer is not a serious promo. Just done to grab a Headline. Probably cheaper than a few advertising pages.

Edited by attento

Their offer also has Business class 75000 baht (BKK-UK).

Thats about 23,000 baht cheaper than anyone else... But flexibility is key - as the Op suggests: Tickets must be paid for by 22nd May and departure must be before 31st July.

Most of the decent 'slashed' fare seats (i.e. for business thats W class) have been snapped up, many of the remaining seats have 4 hr transit times in Abu Dhabi... But some are still available with the shorter transit times (i.e. 1:30 hrs outbound and 1:15 hrs inbound).

There may also be a 'run' as many who are holding bookings change their minds, their seats / bookings will expire, but then I guess so will the promotion at that time.

every airline runs these offers all the time, it'll be Qatar & Emirates next, then BA, Air France & Lufthansa will bombard their frequent Flyer members with a mail-shot the only Guarantee you can make is that even at a cut price offer TG will still have one of the dearer fares

Edited by Stjohnm

Scored a fare from Etis new Departure airport Amsterdam R/T to Bangkok for 460 pounds and for a 6 month trip.

Using BA avios London City to the dam was 15 quid......

Also got new silver FF cards so good for the lounges including Thais Royal O in Suwanna,but as yet don't know what one they use in Schipol....O Dear dea...

I have flown Etihad for years but this time KLM were 25 % cheaper, so it was a no-brainer --- got back a few days ago.

You are right, me too flown Etihad and Emirates but now with the merger with Qantas i cannot see any cheap flights anymore so i see flights out of Sydney with KLM are really good i have just flown Sydney - London with British Airways, got a really good fare with BA but i will check airfares before i fly (but not with China Air)

Scored a fare from Etis new Departure airport Amsterdam R/T to Bangkok for 460 pounds and for a 6 month trip.

Using BA avios London City to the dam was 15 quid......

Also got new silver FF cards so good for the lounges including Thais Royal O in Suwanna,but as yet don't know what one they use in Schipol....O Dear dea...

Nice easy flight from London City (avios +15 quid)and got a deal at that femail Paris Hs hotel at Schipol Airport..good one.Couple of train runs into the dam to check out my old gin joints..r/t 7 EUs but found a good beer bar in the Airport plaza of all places.Great night "moor wan"Already checked in for tonights flight and believe Eti uses the KLM Royal Lounge but will see.Bit too early for a Heinekin so maybe a coffee for time being.

This hotel is full of air hostesses..good on the eyes.....dear dear...