Robbed In Rawai..

glassdude007

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be careful walking around Rawai at night lads.

I never do. Or ride my bike. Only ever go out in the pick-up. Lovely place, Phuket.

Edited by Maestro
Baiting comment removed.
  • Like 1

walking down that road in night, how stupid can you be?

dont tell me he had a couple of drinks to...

Heaven forbid someone have a couple drinks and attempt to walk home without having to fear having their head caved in for what they have in their pockets.

• Like 2

Maybe he should go to hospital in the morning for a check up. He might have a concussion (not that I really know what that is, but it is often mentioned after a bang on the head).

Yes, never walk alone at night there. Even when I take the pick-up, I park very close to my destination.

Mate of mine was robbed by a 3rd gender type...

It's plausible.

He said it happened so fast did not know what hit him...

Is this before or after he identified the 3rd gender type assailant?

...2k bht cash cell phone and ATM card ripped out his pockets after being clubbed in the back of the head ...

How many muggers were there?

Best we can gather is in happened on a dark road...

Not that dark.

Edited by wooloomooloo
  • Like 2

Phuket is the mafia, scam, crime center of Thailand, why would anyone want to live there except for the heavily tattoed hardened criminal type farang ? whistling.gif

Because it is a very nice island to live on, with all the amenities that one could wish for.

pretty horrific, hope your mates not to badly shaking up, whats a 3rd gender type???

Oh i see, it's more horrible, horrific and a scary movie type assault, hope he hadn't picked the 3rd gender type up and then decided to get some money, then the whole situation went tits up, or shoul d that be <deleted> up, coffee1.gif

And if he had had a couple of drinks you would probably be calling him stupid if he had been driving.

Comes to something when you can't walk to your own home without some weird thing with tits and a dick attacks you.

• Like 2

And if he had had a couple of drinks you would probably be calling him stupid if he had been driving.

Comes to something when you can't walk to your own home without some weird thing with tits and a dick attacks you.

You could call it a balls up

Phuket is the mafia, scam, crime center of Thailand, why would anyone want to live there except for the heavily tattoed hardened criminal type farang ? whistling.gif

Because it is a very nice island to live on, with all the amenities that one could wish for.

I think you missed out used to be.

I think you missed out used to be.

No.

Not as nice as it once was for one guy with a big gash on his head and down some money and phone this morning.

Describes me and my mates perfectly. Oh no, wait, that describes no one I know living in Phuket.

Sometimes I don't understand this forum and the replies here. Maybe I don't pay enough attention who says what, but is there some specific reasons to doubt the OP?

Sometimes I don't understand this forum and the replies here. Maybe I don't pay enough attention who says what, but is there some specific reasons to doubt the OP?

No, I don't think so.

I must say though that the story does not feel 100% right to me. Could be because it was a friend and not the OP himself, or could be because the story has not been told exactly as it has happened.

It's obvious that some information is always missed when events are put into writing.

I read the story as series of events. First the guy was hit from behind and was unable to protect himself. Then at some point he did turn around and saw that the attacker was a ladyboy, yet he was still unable to fight back. Maybe there was things missing from the story, like he was completely drunk etc, but is that really relevant? For me the relevant part is to be aware that this kind things can happen, and be a bit more alert when walking back home from a bar.

IMO no reason to doubt the OP. Problem is that his post is not a first-hand account, so it can never be bullet-proof.

Step in TV's finest armchair lawyers to rip the story apart, and show their analytical and deductive skills haven't completely gone to seed.

I hope that his mate at least reported the assault to the police. It may not help much, but it certainly won't hurt.

• Like 1