Robbed In Rawai..

glassdude007

Its better to be prepared. I dont really look for trouble but if it comes my way then its on. I dont know why GOM thinks my posts are silly. Its a serious issue being attacked by a ladyboy is a frightening experience. I like the laws the US have. The right to bear arms. If this was allowed in LOS I would quite happily shoot a freak that tries to assault and rob me. At the moment that option isnt available to me so I use a baseball bat. I understand what you mean Hans with the pepper spray but a hockey stick or baseball bat is 100 % reliable

I rather live in the place where the society is intelligent enough to find other resolutions to incidents, than just use a gun. 

Like rationalizing with a 6 foot tall yaba smoking HIV infected ladyboy. The only thing that it would understand is glock 9mm

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its better to be prepared. I dont really look for trouble but if it comes my way then its on. I dont know why GOM thinks my posts are silly. Its a serious issue being attacked by a ladyboy is a frightening experience. I like the laws the US have. The right to bear arms. If this was allowed in LOS I would quite happily shoot a freak that tries to assault and rob me. At the moment that option isnt available to me so I use a baseball bat. I understand what you mean Hans with the pepper spray but a hockey stick or baseball bat is 100 % reliable

I rather live in the place where the society is intelligent enough to find other resolutions to incidents, than just use a gun.

Like rationalizing with a 6 foot tall yaba smoking HIV infected ladyboy. The only thing that it would understand is glock 9mm

A 9mm might bounce of his/her overly padded bra. A .45 would be more appropriate.smile.png

You're not going to get any rational thought or resolution out of the locals or a drug fueled thief.

Offence is the best defence.

I am glad to see that TV "pensioners" debating club is free of pre occupations: gays are HIV infected,tattoos belonging to criminals,black people are selling drugs,Thai ladies are prostitutes and just want your money,russians are the arch enemies,white people are superior,and you have the god given right to own a gun( or any other weapon) to defend your self...and so on.thanks for all the shared wisdom,now I know how the world is working.BTW maggie thatcher,ronald Reagan,Charles de Gaulle and helmut kohl are not anymore the leaders of this world- good morning,it is already 2013.

• Like 2

I am glad to see that TV "pensioners" debating club is free of pre occupations: gays are HIV infected,tattoos belonging to criminals,black people are selling drugs,Thai ladies are prostitutes and just want your money,russians are the arch enemies,white people are superior,and you have the god given right to own a gun( or any other weapon) to defend your self...and so on.thanks for all the shared wisdom,now I know how the world is working.BTW maggie thatcher,ronald Reagan,Charles de Gaulle and helmut kohl are not anymore the leaders of this world- good morning,it is already 2013.

post-123755-0-77703900-1369566835.jpg

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, walks like a duck. Then its a duck

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, walks like a duck. Then its a duck

Phuket was a goose, a golden goose, and fast becoming a duck. :) :)

To put it even more bluntly. The ladyboy wasnt approaching the victim for food. It wasnt attempting a marriage proposal, it wasnt even attempting kinky sex or rape. So lets narrow it down to drug fuelled robbery. No sober sane person would be attempting that. Add to the fact the ladyboy didnt exactly just knock off shift from a bank. So its a sex worker who obviously engages in intercourse with the lowest of the low. And injects drugs. We can safely say the chances of HIV are high. I would be getting a check up after a fight with that sort of freak. Save the bleeding heart stories for others pal. I mean who is the victim here?

To put it even more bluntly. The ladyboy wasnt approaching the victim for food. It wasnt attempting a marriage proposal, it wasnt even attempting kinky sex or rape. So lets narrow it down to drug fuelled robbery. No sober sane person would be attempting that. Add to the fact the ladyboy didnt exactly just knock off shift from a bank. So its a sex worker who obviously engages in intercourse with the lowest of the low. And injects drugs. We can safely say the chances of HIV are high. I would be getting a check up after a fight with that sort of freak. Save the bleeding heart stories for others pal. I mean who is the victim here?

I was going to mention this earlier, but didn't bother. You make a good point. You punch a Ladyboy here a few times in the face, because he/they tried to rob or assault you, and if you get one of their teeth, with some blood in their mouth from a previous punch, into the skin on your knuckles - you best head to the hospital straight away for some anti-virals and immune system boosters.

Before other members jump on the "that only happens in Patong" bandwagon - this robbery occured in Rawai.

It could happen anywhere on the island.

Of course, it always happens to someone else, right? :) :)

Edited by NamKangMan
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanx for sharing, 'm staying at karon area no such problem over here.

Probably i'm lucky driving a smashed up car.......makes me a broke even in the eye of a criminal.

I don't even have money for repair.Posted Image

Dont think that would stop a thief.

You're farang, hab big money. Even a crappy mobile phone will get swiped.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised the conversation of self defence doesn't come up often.

I carry pepper spray when exercising in the mornings. Anyone comes near me in an aggressive manor, they are going down and will get a kicking of their life.

I recommend the UZI capsicum spray that is law enforcement grade. Available at Hunter shop.

I carry a base ball bat in my car. Its an amazing deterrent. I showed it to one old farang who decided to flip me the bird. He swerved onto the wrong side of the road and went into the gutter. I would have no hesitation on using it on a ladyboy as self defense. I dont want to have some HIV infected freak passing on their disease to me. As there is not a lot of police in Rawaii I would go with equipping yourselves better for self defense. Its serious stuff. What if the ladyboy had a knife??? It would be a different story. But if you always carry a baseball bat or hockey stick then its no problem
The longer I stay the more I tend to agree with your thinking! Brass knuckles in the pod of the bike!

I would not chance it. Getting that close to a ladyboy and you are playing with your life. They might have a knife or even worse a dirty syringe. Previous experience has taught me that you want to scare and thump them. If you hit someone in the stomach with brass knuckles they wont feel it really. A hockey stick is really the way to go. Brass knuckles are technically illegal in LOS. But with a hockey stick you just carry a ball of some kind too. That way you can say: 'officer im just going to the park'. If you are constrained by riding a motorbike attatch the hockey stick with one strap of velcro on the side of the bike thats opposite to your dominant hand. Put it vertically with the handle up. That way when you reach for it, you can strike in one movement. I actually havent seen any hockey sticks around. Do they have them in central?

Lt's see. you're giving a lot of information about hockey sticks and how they can be used for personal protection.

Then you say you have not see a hockey stick in Thailand.

What am I missing?

those ladyboys are a serious problem in all the main tourism areas. even if caught in an assault-robbery

often they just get slap on wrist as tourist is unable to make court date. many of them multiple offenders

usually desperate for cash for more drugs,operations whatever. thais continue to ignore the problem.nice

people on holiday dont want to have to fend off super aggressive ladyboys

Edited by cali4995

Lt's see. you're giving a lot of information about hockey sticks and how they can be used for personal protection.

Then you say you have not see a hockey stick in Thailand.

What am I missing?

I carried a hockey stick when I lived in Melbourne, a lot of violent Nigerians and somalians live around Footsgray. They will car jack you in a heartbeat. Also there is a very large Greek and Italian population there. The first generation immigrants into Australia dont assimilate well. The ethnic youths from italy and greece are quite violent
  • Like 1

Probably i'm lucky driving a smashed up car.......makes me a broke even in the eye of a criminal.

I don't even have money for repair.Posted Image

A lot of Austrians and Germans stay in Karon and I think that is the reason there are so many lady boys in Karon. Dont worry about being approached before 2am though. The ladyboys there hang out on the beach road. They normally travel in packs on motorbikes. Karon is the lady boy capital of Phuket after 2am

I don't even have money for repair.facepalm.gif

A lot of Austrians and Germans stay in Karon and I think that is the reason there are so many lady boys in Karon. Dont worry about being approached before 2am though. The ladyboys there hang out on the beach road. They normally travel in packs on motorbikes. Karon is the lady boy capital of Phuket after 2am

I'll bet that means lots of robberies too, and the blokes are too embarrassed about the situation to report.

Do have a good story regarding this, 2002 or so, newbie friend Nick rolls into town we greet him with drinks at one of the lady bars soi Karon Cafe.

Nick being the photographer, first time in Thailand wants to do sunset photos down at the beach heads off on his own to snap some shots.

Comes back after dark and says "hey guys, you know, there are ladies giving BJ's on the beach for 500thb". We all look around at each other and start dying laughing. Told old boy Nick no more unsupervised strolls until he gets his bearings here in Thailand.