Buying Baht (cash) Before Leaving Usa

I found this interesting short cut. Before leaving the USA for Thailand you can buy Thai Baht (cash form) from Wells Fargo Bank. You can buy $25 to $2000 US on-line using your credit card. Cost $8.00 for delivery which they say is next day (I'd give two). And you can also get traveler's checks too of course at the same link.

https://www.foreignexchangeservices.com/cfx/products :o

The rate you get is 36.20 baht to the dollar plus the $8.00 charge (Not very good)

Better to exchange a small amout at the airport right outside customs (there are a bunch of stalls) just enough to get you to your hotel ($40) then look for a place that will give you a rate closer to market 38.00+ or just withdrawl baht from ATM - The best way to get baht at a good rate.

I believe there is a ATM is the airprt but not sure where it is?

Edited by sfokevin

I believe there is a ATM is the airprt but not sure where it is?

In Terminal 2, turn left as you come out of customs, and the ATMs are on the left wall just past where all the meeters and greeters hang out.

OK, I fresh off the boat from China. All US cash on me, a US ATM card but no Thai Bank card. So how much are they going to charge me to get Baht for any amount at the ATM?

Better question is if I go where you say I'll get the higher exchange rate, what is the "fee" I'll pay for using a US ATM? $1.50US? $3.00US?

For $1000US to Baht via WF for the $8.00 delivery chg is .0082% and even less for $2000US. I thought that was pretty good.

But I will bow out to the experts on this. You tell me I'll listen.

:o

I use my US Citibank ATM card - no fee

You exchange $1000 thru WF at their website rate of 36.2 and get 36,200 baht

or you exchange at Airport and get a rate of 38+ say 38,000 to 39,000 baht.... 1,800-2,800 baht more...

Thats about $50-75 more in baht in your pocket for the boatride back to China....

PS - The best rate is at one of the "Non official" exchange places all the Thai business owners go to...

if you are going to Bangkok, you can go to the shop Superich near Big C Chitlom, this shop has the best rate, better than airport or any banks on the street. I am going on 5 April, I'll try to take the photos of the exchange rate and post it here.

I use my US Citibank ATM card - no fee

You exchange $1000 thru WF at their website rate of 36.2 and get 36,200 baht

or you exchange at Airport and get a rate of 38+ say 38,000 to 39,000 baht.... 1,800-2,800 baht more...

Thats about $50-75 more in baht in your pocket for the boatride back to China....

PS - The best rate is at one of the "Non official" exchange places all the Thai business owners go to...

You learn from the experts! :o Thanks