Car Seat And Pushchair At The Airport!

BIGJIMMY

We're flying back to the UK later in the month, this will be the little fellas first time on a plane - he'll be just over 4 months, the ticket says we can take a push-chair and a car seat, I know that you can take them both to the airport door but they then get taken off you and put in with the checked luggage, I think we'll take the push-chair as far as we can go but will check the car seat in with the suitcases, has anyone done this before, whats the best option to cover the car seat - plastic bags, cellophane etc, I don't want to check it as it is as it may come and dirty the other end!!

Thanks

Jimmy

Depends on the airport and airline.

There are some airports in Europe where your push-chair (buggy) will be checked in with the rest of your baggage. Luckily, Bangkok or any other UK airport is not one of them, meaning you will check in your car seat and get to keep the buggy until the gate. When you get off the flight in UK your buggy will be waiting for you more or less outside the door of the plane.

Some airlines in Europe offer a plastic bag for your car seat, but in Bangkok I always go for the cling film wrap thingy just inside door five (I think it's five...?) I've done this so many times I've lost count. Don't worry, if you wrap the car seat it'll arrive in perfect condition.

The wrapping machine at the airport - I forgot about that, door 5 you say, jolly good.

We're flying BA, I was told that the buggy would be with the suitcases at the carousel in Heathrow, we'll take a baby carrier strappy over the shoulder thingy just in case.

Thanks for that Forethat!!

Jimmy