Office Rental Rates

Curious what kind of rates can be expected for renting office space here in Bangkok. We are being quoted somewhere in the area of 520 - 600 baht per sq. mte on Ratchadapisek near the subway. Sounds outrageous to me, but, then I'm not a realtor.

We're going to ultimately need space for 70 people, good air-conditioning and access to public transporation like subway or skytrain. If those are the going rates, so be it, but I reckon some of you folks are in the real estate business and if you've something better to offer, we're all ears.

rgds,

Burrito

ps; I wan't the one getting these rates, rather the people from my home office trying to do business with their Thai chums... Always a suspect activity.

Edited by Dr. Burrito

Curious what kind of rates can be expected for renting office space here in Bangkok. We are being quoted somewhere in the area of 520 - 600 baht per sq. mte on Ratchadapisek near the subway. Sounds outrageous to me, but, then I'm not a realtor.

...sounds expensive, you can get grade a office space in better locations (lower sukhumvit, sathorn etc) cheaper. There are a lot of office space available within walking distance from the sukhumvit/asoke intersection - cheaper than above and with access to both the skytrain and subway.

Have a Thai investigate the alternatives and rates for you (but beware of real estate brokers as they tend to drive up the prices to increase their own commissions).

That's expensive. In Ratchda you don't need to pay more than 300-400 baht/sqrm.

Just go to the buildings themselves, and ask for the rates.

No need to have a Thai do the work for you there. I get better deals when I negotiate myself rather than send my staff.

Edited by ~G~

We just rented 850 sq.m. near Ratchadaphisek for 165 sq.m. but this was a sweetheart of a deal. Grade B Building called Chamnan Phenjati and is 5 minute walk from the Subway

We now pay 380 Baht a sq.m. for Fortune Town and this is 365 Sq.m. space. Grade B building directly at the Rama 9 Subway Station on Ratchadaphisek.

We now pay also 240 Baht sq.m for 250 sq.m. on Sukhumvit Soi 13 for Sukhumvit Suites building. Grade B building

We also pay 250 Baht Sq.m for 300 s.q.m. on Sukhumvit Soi 19 for a office near the Robinsons. Grade B building.

We will be renting 48 sq.m. directly on Sukhumvit Rd for 800 Baht sq.m. Directly below the Asoke Skytrain.

Most Grade A office space goes for 500 Baht to 700 sq.m on Sukhumvit, Silom, Sathorn and most Grade B goes for 250 Baht to 450 Baht a sq.m.

Have a Thai investigate the alternatives and rates for you (but beware of real estate brokers as they tend to drive up the prices to increase their own commissions).

Some cases you are correct but please don't stereotype. Just depends on the firm and their integrity and business ethnics on fair practice. Our Director of Real Estate is known to be an absolute pit bull and has left many landlords at a lower rate sometimes 40% less than the asking price. If they are representing the transaction and are not concern about the short term but long term by referrals, it pays off much more in the end.

www.property.th.com