Need Advices Purchasing My New First Bike

DrAzTiK

Nice bike you have there congrats !

Take care & hope you have many enjoyable rides.

It is amazing to me the nice looking forks they have on those bikes given the price.

Even if the springs etc inside were not great they could be changed.

But the legs look good & beefy for that price range.

Very nice Congrats & Enjoy !

Edited by mania

Nice bike you have there congrats !

Take care & hope you have many enjoyable rides.

It is amazing to me the nice looking forks they have on those bikes given the price.

Even if the springs etc inside were not great they could be changed.

But the legs look good & beefy for that price range.

Very nice Congrats & Enjoy !

Hey . Mania stop looking at the guys legs :D:D:D

Also I agree with the other poster.. OP. Get a better helmet. REAL helmets are good. Open face about 1200baht. And if your on the highway wear long pants. It's surprising how much stone chips hurt when flicked up by passing cars.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

• Like 2

Nice bike man, congrats. hope you have all the fun with that bike.. those are not fast but have good torque for going up hills.

My recommendation, for sure many others here won't recommend, but it's your choice, do a perfect engine brake.

Once you start to get comfortable with your bike gears, do the engine braking. it's very important for the life of the engine and performance

Start with gear 1, go very high RPM, once reaching high RPM, let the throttle back to zero so the bike will do engine braking (creating engine vacuum on the piston), the do the same for the remaining gears... the vacuum from the engine brake will help suck the metal parts.

The main purpose is to seal the piston perfectly, so no oil or defect will appear around the piston, giving best performance and life-time of the engine.

once done a good braking change your OIL immediately (after it's cooled down), because it has metal pieces. does not mater if you have only 100KM...

then change the oil again after 500KM, then 2-3000 KM afterwards.

Here is where I learned to do this engine brake method: http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

Edited by brfsa2

I have some good boots (TCX) but I don't think I will ofen wear boots and pants in town..

Unfortunately I have forget my good jet helmet in France.. I have to buy one as soon as possible.

I wasn't aware about Real brand helmet, I will try to find one in Chiang Mai.

Maybe I will go to Chiang Rai to have a look at this shop :

http://www.crsaddlebags.com/helmets.html

What do you think about this FlipUp Ls2 helmet ? I should buy a sandbag and maybe a top case. Can you advice me some others gears/accessories please?

Can you also advice me a good insurance please ?

Thanks

Edited by DrAzTiK