Do You Tango?

astral

I use Skype and Tango. I find Mobile to mobile Tango is more reliable, and with better quality video, than Skype.

I always use Skype on my laptop. Don't download Tango onto your PC. You just end up with a virtual phone in the middle of the screen showing poor quality video, which is strange considering the video quality on the mobile. A bigger problem though is that Tango 'hijacks' your webcam preventing you from using it in other programs, such as Skype.

Skype, of course, is also the only system that lets you make/receive calls with people who only have access to a standard phone/mobile as well. All the others are limited to nominated friends via 'internet to internet'.

I've also tried making calls to friends back in the UK using Line but it always 'drops' after a short time. My daughter though says she talks to her friends locally within Thailand all the time using Line without any problems, so maybe it's the 'International' bit that's the problem. Or maybe I've just been unlucky.

• 4 weeks later...

Skype is a resource hog, I hardly ever use it on the phone. Tango has a very annoying alert sound that cannot be disabled.

Line messenger is the best, same chat history on phone and PC. Downside, the chat history disappears after a while.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app