Change Win 7 32 Bit To 64 Bit

bapak

You must have a really specific reason to want to do this?

All you gain is the computer seeing more RAM - only a heavy user/program would really beneift from 64bit?

Yes... Runs C5 and other graphic programs... Has 8gb installed but not available.

So I will be making a clean installation of Win 7 64 bit.

• Like 1

All you gain is the computer seeing more RAM - only a heavy user/program would really beneift from 64bit?

Yes... Runs C5 and other graphic programs... Has 8gb installed but not available.

If with C5 you mean Adobe Photoshop C5 …. you not need to upgrade your operating system to 64-bits. Adobe has no 64-bits Photoshop available so you're even with MS Windows 7 x86_64 limited to 3.25GB memory....

If with C5 you mean Adobe Photoshop C5 . you not need to upgrade your operating system to 64-bits. Adobe has no 64-bits Photoshop available so you're even with MS Windows 7 x86_64 limited to 3.25GB memory....

It's natively 64bit. One of the bigger changes for CS5. What makes you think otherwise?'

Some cs5 programs work natively in either 32 or 64. Some..I think premier and after effects...may be wrong... are only 64 bit now.

All will be able to use the full amount of ram if on 64bit or 3.something on 32bit.

Backup everything first since you will lose everything on the main harddrive. Then upgrade to win7 64bit.

Ignore win8 unless you already like it...some do but most dont. It is radical unnecessary changes designed for tablets and forced on desktops.

On a personal level I have felt that 64 bit seems a little more stable (possibly the ability to address 3.5+GB of RAM). For the record even CS6 has 32 bit and 64 bit versions with the exception of Premier Pro and After Effects. CS4 has full 32 bit support and the CS4 versions were packaged into CS5 Master Collection.