Thaksin's Son Offers 20M Baht For Info Leading To Arrests Of Central World Arsonists

webfact

I do hope there's another coup and the reds come out to protest again. You should be there with them and when the bullets start flying, I'd sooner it be you getting hit then some poor downtrodden and uneducated idiot.

Once it comes out in the wash that the previous (bogus) administration were responsible for both the MiB & CW arson, AV & ST will be strung up in Ratchaprasong. I'll be there cheering.

I was down there last time and certainly felt in no danger whatsoever from the red shirts. Very welcoming & hospitable lot. Shame the army attacked them at night, against all international conventions, and effectively turned the protest into a civil war.

I live in the area and I haven't witnessed what you describe. It was total anarchy and the Reds where in control of downtown Bangkok for over a month. They were shooting/looting and burning down buildings all the time. Millions of hard working normal people were living in fear.

Don't you feel sorry for them?

• Like 2

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do hope there's another coup and the reds come out to protest again. You should be there with them and when the bullets start flying, I'd sooner it be you getting hit then some poor downtrodden and uneducated idiot.

Once it comes out in the wash that the previous (bogus) administration were responsible for both the MiB & CW arson, AV & ST will be strung up in Ratchaprasong. I'll be there cheering.

I was down there last time and certainly felt in no danger whatsoever from the red shirts. Very welcoming & hospitable lot. Shame the army attacked them at night, against all international conventions, and effectively turned the protest into a civil war.

Maybe you are one of them. That could explain why you felt comfortable.

Edited by Nickymaster

They were not so peaceful as you think. My friend has a condo in that area and he was being asked for 100 - 500 baht every day just to return home. He eventually packed up and moved away until the problems were over.

The army actually went in during the day and a curfew was imposed at night.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Well how unfortunate you didn't get hit the last time. Well no worries, I'm pretty sure you'll be there at the next one.

And everyone is warm and hospitable here. That doesn't mean they're not armed.

So many TV forum members talk of the "burning down" of the Central World building but look at the facts, fire took place 19th May 2010, building reopened 28th September 2010, just 4 months, really nothing more than a referbishment done at the insurers expense. There was much talk of "terrorists" being responsible until the Amart owners of the complex found out that their insurance would not pay out for such an event and terrorism was suddenly dropped from all statements concerning Central World. Maybe the 20 million reward will flush out the real culprits.

Edited by PREM-R
  • Like 1

Yes I'm glad you called it an 'uprising' because that's what it was. The army was therefore justified in their use of deadly force when these rebels started getting violent. It was NOT a 'peaceful protest' as all the red idiots like to say.

No I feel far more sorry for the rural North-easterners who are looked down upon and have been disenfranchised by the establishment. The red uprising was well overdue and it sent an unmistakable signal to the establishment & army that enough was enough. After 80 years of coups to support the rich, the power is now firmly with the voter and the army won't dare to use their heavy-handed tactics again.

• Like 1

I'm actually surprised they are offering such a large figure! I remember during/after the Tsunami in 2004, reading that Thaksin was donating a whopping 4 million baht, to Tsunami relief, or some such thing. At the time, that would have been $100,000 from a guy who was the PM, and a multi-billionaire (in $), and this was his home country.

I also remember seeing people, like Americans, who have nowhere near that amount of wealth, who might never have even been in Thailand, donating amounts of 1 million dollars ...so 10 times as much!

At the time I didn't have much of any opinion about Thaksin, but thought he was being a super cheapskate, and just relying on the fact that most Thais consider that a huge amount so it would be impressive to them. I also wondered, IF he would really donate that money, or where it went, as if anyone would follow up on that. Maybe just some news reports would be enough and no action would even be taken.

(If I have my facts wrong, or my memory of this is mistaken, then I apologize in advance, but it made an impression on me, not a good one.)

Well when you have evaluated the donations of every Thai above Thaksin on the Forbes rich list, and any other similarly financed Thai person......then you can return and explain why you select one person who actually did donate a considerable sum.........but not enough for you

So many TV forum members talk of the "burning down" of the Central World building but look at the facts, fire took place 19th May 2010, building reopened 28th September 2010, just 4 months, really nothing more than a referbishment done at the insurers expense. There was much talk of "terrorists" being responsible until the Amart owners of the complex found out that their insurance would not pay out for such an event and terrorism was suddenly dropped from all statements concerning Central World. Maybe the 20 million reward will flush out the real culprits.

You obviously didn't see the ruins of half the building.

CentralWorld was temporarily closed on 19 May 2010 due to severe arson damage, which occurred as troops dislodged protesters from the area during the 2010 Thailand political protests. The adjoining 'Zen' section suffered massive damage from the rioters.
The Isetan portion was reopened soon after. Following repairs, a large part of CentralWorld was reopened on 28 Sep 2010. The 'Zen' section reopened on 6 Jan 2012.

So, the part that was burnt worst took nearly 2 years to reopen.

I'm actually surprised they are offering such a large figure! I remember during/after the Tsunami in 2004, reading that Thaksin was donating a whopping 4 million baht, to Tsunami relief, or some such thing. At the time, that would have been $100,000 from a guy who was the PM, and a multi-billionaire (in $), and this was his home country.

I also remember seeing people, like Americans, who have nowhere near that amount of wealth, who might never have even been in Thailand, donating amounts of 1 million dollars ...so 10 times as much!

At the time I didn't have much of any opinion about Thaksin, but thought he was being a super cheapskate, and just relying on the fact that most Thais consider that a huge amount so it would be impressive to them. I also wondered, IF he would really donate that money, or where it went, as if anyone would follow up on that. Maybe just some news reports would be enough and no action would even be taken.

(If I have my facts wrong, or my memory of this is mistaken, then I apologize in advance, but it made an impression on me, not a good one.)

Well when you have evaluated the donations of every Thai above Thaksin on the Forbes rich list, and any other similarly financed Thai person......then you can return and explain why you select one person who actually did donate a considerable sum.........but not enough for you

I'm not really sure what your point is here. I don't have this info about other super-rich Thais, nor do I intend to look for it. If you have it, why don't you tell us, in order to support whatever your argument is? Thaksin is more generous than all other Thais? Is that your point, and something you see as positive?

Have you ever considered how much this man makes in a day? Try to figure out if you had just 1 billion USD, earning just 5%, divide by 365 days, and then tell me if you think that $100,000 is a generous donation to this incredible disaster. I believe I have donated more than a day's income, to some really pretty stupid charities, in comparision, each and every year of my life, and can you believe, I didn't get a national newspaper to report about it ...did not get to be on Oprah, or anything at all!! If you have ever given $1 to a beggar you have probably donated more of your wealth, than Thaksin did, in this case!

Edited by amykat
  • Like 1

Sometimes I feel like I live in an insane asylum....The red shirts burn down Central World, and the son of the de-facto leader of the red shirts now offers a reward to find the arsonists? You simply could not make this stuff up.

Look, EyesWideOpen, I have as much contempt for this nasally damaged giggle-fart boy-child gas you do.

But "Can't make this stuff up ?"

Really?

You just did.

BTW, the propagandic device you just engaged this board in is called neuro-linguistic conditioning.

"....propagandic device...." Hmmm felt more like a stating of the obvious. Let say you live in a western country, and your Dad is master jewel thief. Suddenly there is a huge jewel robbery, and every piece of evidence points to your Dad. Would you as the son offer a huge reward to catch the thief? Anyone who read that story would fall down laughing. Regarding NLC, do not get me started on Tony Robbins..... :-) Edited by EyesWideOpen

Sometimes I feel like I live in an insane asylum....The red shirts burn down Central World, and the son of the de-facto leader of the red shirts now offers a reward to find the arsonists? You simply could not make this stuff up.

Redshirt's dressed in Black all wearing army boots ?

Edited by oldsailor35

Yes I'm glad you called it an 'uprising' because that's what it was. The army was therefore justified in their use of deadly force when these rebels started getting violent. It was NOT a 'peaceful protest' as all the red idiots like to say.

No I feel far more sorry for the rural North-easterners who are looked down upon and have been disenfranchised by the establishment. The red uprising was well overdue and it sent an unmistakable signal to the establishment & army that enough was enough. After 80 years of coups to support the rich, the power is now firmly with the voter and the army won't dare to use their heavy-handed tactics again.

Rich Teacher:

Ok so you don't feel sorry for all the people who's lives was terrorized by the Red thugs. Neither do the Reds and their leader including master leader Thaksin. . I am not surprised

The Red uprising has put the most corrupt and one of the richest person in Thai history in control of Thailand. Fact that Thaksin has

sponsored this uprising is not relevant I guess .

Soon Thaksin will have achieved his goals. The creation of a bankrupt failed state. Maldives comes to mind if I think about a place the Shin clan is going to retire.

The poor setup against the rich to help the super rich.

Edited by Nickymaster

Redshirt's dressed in Black all wearing army boots ?
I can tell you exactly who you should claim did it in order to stand even the faintest chance of collecting the lovely reward: It was Abhisit and his lovely assistant General Photoshop.

Even though 20 million baht is nothing for Thaksin I am sure it will never be paid. The assailants are either dead or long gone already.

Let the interviews commence. And first in line would be Mr Arisman who urged the reds to burn down Bangkok. The police (who went AWOL that day) might confiscate Arisman's phone records for that period and take it from there.....

Maybe they don't want to find the arsonists .... they just want to find (flush out) who will sell out the arsonists to the enforcers ... ooops I mean the police.

Off topic posts and replies have been removed.

A post quoting content from Bangkok Post has been removed:

31) Bangkok Post do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post publications will be deleted from the forum. Please note that this is a decision by the Bangkok Post, not by Thaivisa.com and any complaints or other issues concerning this rule should be directed to them. Quotes from and links to Phuketwan are also not allowed and will also be removed. In special cases forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources.