power of attorney from the landoffice

Not sure what is needed for selling a property.

Most likely, as often when dealing with officialdom in Thailand, it'll depend on what your local office requires.

At least for certain things, the Pattaya office does not allow the standard power of attorney forms you usually can buy in a stationary shop and fill out. They have there own forms you need to use. They actually have a sample book, out of which you are allowed to take copies, with the paperwork required for whatever it is you need to do.

But again, can depend on office, and the Pattaya office does have a reputation (first hand experience!) of not being an easy one!

I had a meeting with officials from Bangkok Bank to get my daughter in the US on my accounts as an "and/or" signer in case I die. She has my power of attorney. They said it could only happen is she physically flies here to sign the papers, and that Thailand does not recognize a power of attorney.

rickthailand

Firstly, the Land office does have Power Attorney, but you probably don't own the land anyhow if your a ferang, if you own via Thai Co Ltd your accountant/lawyer who does your annual tax audit should be able to do transfer directors for you, depends on the name on the Title deed.

Regarding the Bank, I agree your daughter must go to your branch of the Bank and be added as an and or signature on the account/s. If you die in the meantime no one can take the money or assets till your heirs have been to Court here in Thailand and obtained probate over your estate.

Make sure you have a Will drafted here in Thailand to make it easier for your dependents. And yes the land office do have a standard form both PA for a house and similar PA form for selling a condo.

BW

Edited by bigwilly

my house is in a friends name who i

lives in england at the moment i want to transfer the house so i wanted to send him

the power of attorney to sign(which he agreest to) and than transfer to another

thai person

rick