Thai Education Ministry introduces "Pakistan Corner"

webfact

Education Ministry introduces "Pakistan Corner"

BANGKOK, 13 June 2013 (NNT) – The Education Ministry has introduced “Pakistan Corner” for Thai children to learn more about Pakistan, given their long-standing relations spanning over 60 years.

After presiding over the official opening ceremony of the “Pakistan Corner” at Pridi Banomyong Library in Thammasat University, Education Minister said the section would help Thai children learn more about Pakistan, one of Thailand’s partners; adding that both countries have had over 60 long years of diplomatic relations, ranging from politics, economy, trade, and investment, to education and culture.

Also attending the opening ceremony were H.E. Sohail Mahmood, Pakistani Ambassador to Thailand, and Rector of Thammasat University Somkit Lertpaithoon.

The education minister expressed his wishes to the ambassador, saying he would like to see more cooperation between both countries, while congratulating Pakistan and Thammasat University for the newly-launched “Pakistan Corner”, which offers a chance to those visiting the corner to learn more about Pakistani culture and connection between the two countries.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-06-13 footer_n.gif

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me crazy but I don't think many Thai children are interested in learning about Pakistan. Most probably don't even know where the country is. Given how dangerous, dirty and underdeveloped that country is, the few that have heard of Pakistan would be even less likely to visit.

Pakistan corner? What a boring campaign...yawn.

• Like 1

Will the Thai children receive cultural lessons on the Taliban, honour killings and acid attacks on disobedient wives? Why have Pakistan corner how about having geography as part of the national curriculum then kids could learn about the whole world!

Surely NOT newsworthy..... I can't see a single thing they would have in common with each other.... So far apart culturally it's like chalk and cheese. Much better for Thai educators and academics to start REALLY concentrating on ASEAN and focus!

Off topic. Just as an aside, a few years ago I applied for a business visa for Pakistan in Bangkok.... I was consulting over there. They refused a visa as I had no Thai Work Permit in my British passport. Had to fly to islamabad via London to get the visa. Ho hum

Surely NOT newsworthy..... I can't see a single thing they would have in common with each other.... So far apart culturally it's like chalk and cheese. Much better for Thai educators and academics to start REALLY concentrating on ASEAN and focus!

Correct!!

Hey a good game in the car teach your kids the names of the asean countries and see how fast they can get all 10. My 5 year old does them all in 10 secs and laughs her ass off when i ask my sister in laws or other adults and they can only get 4 out of 10.

Is the 'Pakistan Corner' just another way for a Minister to say 'hey look i am doing something' prior to a cabinet reshuffle?

It is very newsworthy iancnc, it just shows how out of touch the eduction ministry is with the real world.

• Like 2

lets see

problems with moslims, check

problems with drugs import-export, check

denigration of women, check

low education, check

poor futurre for most, check

populist governement, check

yes, they have a lot in common

They're both in the world's top 10 countries for terrorism.

But I will admit, I'm struggling to think of a second thing...