pattaya to trat cheaply

swordfisch

the consensus seems to be:

1. head to sukhumvit, pattaya klang intersection & wait for blue & white bangkok to trat bus @ 0600.

i believe the 0630, 0730 buses no longer run?

next trat bus is @ 1130?

2. there may/may not be a bus terminal just south of the pattay klang intersection on sukhumvit that has buses doing the pattaya to trat run?

3. 2nd Air-conditions bus (from Pattaya Bus Terminal, North Pattaya Rd )
Route: Fare
(Baht) Distance
(Km) Time
(Hr) From Pattaya To Pattaya
Pattaya - Trat - 254 03:00 06:30, 09:45, 14:00, 17:40, 19:00
http://www.sawadee.com/transfer/bus-central-east.htm

does this company operate during the low season (june)?

how much is this service?

4. bus office for Koh Chang next to Big C, south - just down from AA Ins brokers

does this service get me to trat or does it terminate beforehand, in koh chang?

how much?

cheers for any up-to-date info.

(not really wanting to go by mini-bus or taxi)

The big buses will take you into Muang Trat by default. But if your destination is Koh Chang then once you get into Ban Seng Tung (the small village on Sukhumvit where the turnoff--#3156--runs to the ferries) ask the driver to stop at the 2nd PTT station and you can get off and catch a baht bus straight to Ferry Koh Chang. This saves you going into Trat and having to double back to the ferry.

Edited by Jesus Malverde

The big buses will take you into Muang Trat by default. But if your destination is Koh Chang then once you get into Ban Seng Tung (the small village on Sukhumvit where the turnoff--#3156--runs to the ferries) ask the driver to stop at the 2nd PTT station and you can get off and catch a baht bus straight to Ferry Koh Chang. This saves you going into Trat and having to double back to the ferry.

i'm heading to koh kong, not koh chang.

just really wanted to see if my information concerning catching the bus from pattaya is still current & correct.

1. does a bus service operate from pattaya's bus station (on North Pattay Rd) direct to trat, or is this in high season only?

2. does that bus service near Big C terminate in trat?

3. there IS a bus terminal (that operates a service direct to trat) on sukhumvit, just south of the klang intersection?

any ideas on the schedule?

cheers

I saw this on another forum...sorry, can't post the link there, but I copied the picture. It's from that bus station on Suk just south of Klang. The pic is about 18 months old. So things may have changed.

I also read this:

http://www.gosihanoukville.com/travel_information/getting_here/index.html

Good description on how to get there. Sounds like a mini bus is the way to go...as long as they don't drive like they are in an F1 race!!! 55555

post-126581-0-77528300-1371188658_thumb.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey swordficsh--did you even make it out of Pattaya? Sounded you required a lot of directions cheesy.gif

Just wondering, dude

errr yeah, hilarious...

am i missing something?

but anyway, for those who are interested:

i've done this same trip for ten years.

but knowledge is power, and maybe there's a better/easier way. glad this caused you so much enjoyment, Jesus.

(do u ever get the feeling that some peeps need 2 get out more)?

- motos only option: baht buses not running yet (@ 0545 hrs). B50 to Sukhumvit Rd.

- get up to Sukhumvi/Klang rd bout 0610 hrs

- catch red & white bus (#99) arcanely marked 'Bangkok - Chanthaburi' @ 0617 hrs

- despite the fact that it continues on from Chanthaburi to Trat

- B 170

- 5.5 hrs from Sukhumvit to Trat bus station

- B120 minibus from Trat bus station to Hat Lek/Cham Yeam

- business visa (tru cost $25) cost me $25 + 200 baht premium. believe it or not, this was cheap...

- $3.15 for moto from Cham Yeam to Koh Kong (including toll)

- good room in Koh Kong (wifi, cable, big tv, view, fan, comfy bed): $7/night (Dara Thmey g/house)

- bus to snooky $7 @ 0720 the following morning (Koh Kong CBD)

voila

- no bus service running (in low season) from Pattaya bus station to Trat

- couldn't find minibuses from Central festival to Trat

- couldn't find buses from (just south of) Big C to Trat

thanks folks, i'm here all wk (just for you, Jesus)

• Like 1

Hey swordficsh--did you even make it out of Pattaya? Sounded you required a lot of directions cheesy.gif

Just wondering, dude

errr yeah, hilarious...

am i missing something?

but anyway, for those who are interested:

i've done this same trip for ten years.

but knowledge is power, and maybe there's a better/easier way. glad this caused you so much enjoyment, Jesus.

(do u ever get the feeling that some peeps need 2 get out more)?

- motos only option: baht buses not running yet (@ 0545 hrs). B50 to Sukhumvit Rd.

- get up to Sukhumvi/Klang rd bout 0610 hrs

- catch red & white bus (#99) arcanely marked 'Bangkok - Chanthaburi' @ 0617 hrs

- despite the fact that it continues on from Chanthaburi to Trat

- B 170

- 5.5 hrs from Sukhumvit to Trat bus station

- B120 minibus from Trat bus station to Hat Lek/Cham Yeam

- business visa (tru cost $25) cost me $25 + 200 baht premium. believe it or not, this was cheap...

- $3.15 for moto from Cham Yeam to Koh Kong (including toll)

- good room in Koh Kong (wifi, cable, big tv, view, fan, comfy bed): $7/night (Dara Thmey g/house)

- bus to snooky $7 @ 0720 the following morning (Koh Kong CBD)

voila

- no bus service running (in low season) from Pattaya bus station to Trat

- couldn't find minibuses from Central festival to Trat

- couldn't find buses from (just south of) Big C to Trat

thanks folks, i'm here all wk (just for you, Jesus)

This is similar to journey I usually take to from Pattays to Koh Kong/Cambodia.

Wait at the bus stop at the intersection of North Pattaya Road and Sukhumvit Road - a 2 minute walk from Pattaya Bus Station.

Catch any bus or minibus that comes along, Rayong, Chanthaburi or Trat, they all go in the same direction :-)

Ps. There are regular buses from Rayong and Chanthaburi bus stations.

When you arrive at Trat bus station catch a mini bus to the Hat Lek border crossing with Cambodia.

On the Cambodian side of the border crossing you might get some hassle at immigration, please be patient. After you passport has been stamped, do not pay the taxi driver any more than 300 baht to Koh Kong village.

There are many Hotels to stay at in Koh Kong. I usually stay at the Koh Kong city hotel which has great views overlooking the river.

(although I would not recommend the food at the restaurant next door).

Note 1. No need to get up so early, just make sure you are standing at the Pattaya bus stop by 10.00am , you will probably arrive at Hat Lek border by about 4.30pm

Do not worry if your late as the border crossing closes at 8.30pm.

Note 2. You have to stay one night in Koh Kong as buses to Sihanoukville leave at 8.30am in the morning.