Tethering phone to tablet frustrations

jaideeguy

I have a Samsung galaxy ace smartphone that I've been trying all day to tether to my new Samsung 2.7 tablet and tried 2 different apps that got high ratings......'Easy tethering' and 'Fast Tethering' and both didn't live up to their names. Followed all the prompts and Tried both blue tooth and wifi with a decent 3G signal and almost ended up throwing both gadgets into the klong.

Or are there any gadgets that will act as a portable 3G/wifi router for when I'm out and about??

Any tips or recommendations??

thanks in advance to keep my gadgets from ending up in the klong!!

Edited by jaideeguy

Thanks Jiu, it was too easy this morning with a little caffeine in my brain and following the simple instructions you provided. I still wonder what is the best/simplest/cheapest way to connect up if I don't have my Samsung ace near me, as I promised to give it to her. Could I do the same with a cheapo 3g phone?? or get a dedicated portable 3G/wifi router??

Thanks Jiu, it was too easy this morning with a little caffeine in my brain and following the simple instructions you provided. I still wonder what is the best/simplest/cheapest way to connect up if I don't have my Samsung ace near me, as I promised to give it to her. Could I do the same with a cheapo 3g phone?? or get a dedicated portable 3G/wifi router??

First off you need something you can distribute. Now you were sharing the data from a phone package. If you have a router but no internet connection it wont work. If you already have a internet connection for a computer at home you could get a wifi router and it would solve your problems. (only at home) when your out of reach of the router it wont work of course.

I got a S3 and Ipad and they connect easy but when i am home i let them connect to my normal home internet from my wifi router.

So it kinda depends on what you have available

We do it for our 2 thai brand (Gpad) wifi tablet using a simple Gnetphone which can be use as Hotspot. Very convenient. The most difficult for my wife was to understand the explanations from Dtac about their offer.

Is your new Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0" a model P3110 (8 GB/WiFI only)? Or a P3100 (16 GB/WiFi+3G)? Obviously the latter would not require an external router as it accepts a SIM.

The P3110 is 6,290 baht, while the P3100 is 8,500 baht. The P3100 is probably worth the slight premium vs. purchasing a phone to use as a router, or a dedicated 3G router?

This Huawei 3G router is a newer generation of devices which accepts a SIM directly, and offers a bit more functionality than a MiFI device.

http://www.totalaircard.com/products/Huawei-B660-3G-7.2Mbps-Router-WiFi.html

http://www.totalaircard.com/categories/3G-Router/3G-Router-%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%9A%E0%B9%83%E0%B8%AA%E0%B9%88-SIM/

http://www.totalaircard.com/categories/3G-Router/3G-Mobile-MiFi/

Edited by lomatopo