Hardware stores?

ricku

Can someone recommend me a good hardware store in Bangkok? I have tried to find a real hardware store, but all I found was a little place where they sold gardening tools. tongue.png

I am in need of a 16mm aluminum tube for a DYI-project, and also a new tool box. But I have no idea where to look.

Would be real cool if someone could guide me towards the right place. Thanks!

Edited by ricku

There is a whole district in the inner city of Bangkok, lined with shops that sell tubes, sheets and rebar of all kinds of metals. But I just cannot remember which district it is . .it should be around Chinatown, i guess.

The typical metal tubes, rebar and such basics are not sold by home-pro markets or other hardware shopping centers, as this is a field plowed by professionals only.

Getting a Taxi driver understand your needs to buy metals bascis . . might help you along.

Sorry I can't be of more help . . . I was there to buy stainless steel wire by the roll many years ago, and I remember that the streets were lined by metal dealerships and shops . .

We were there today at one of the Chinatown area markets - called Klongtom maket. Has a lot of tools, saws, drills, etc. I bought a tape measure (20 baht). There were other places we saw with all sorts of basic materials too.

Edited by mikeSilom

Try Thai Wasadu if you are looking for a very large variety of consumer grade stuff.

For metal tubing, try this place:

http://www.nscmetal.com/contact.php

I've bought thin wall aluminum tubing, in various diameters, from them a couple of times over the past 3 years. They are right in an area that has numerous shops selling most kinds of tubes, beams, channel, etc that you could want. They will cut it to whatever length you want and will even wrap it up in paper and tie the package for you.

Very pleasant people.

Cheers

PS, if you are looking at small quantities it would be best to just wander around in that area and find someone that is willing to sell pieces. Not sure what NSCmetal minimum order is but I think it's quite large.

Edited by User3

Hi ricku....the other suggestions in this thread show much greater knowledge of metal work here in Bangkok than I can offer, but just in case you've not found what you needed, perhaps this store will have it or have someone who can help you find it elsewhere.

www.homepro.co.th/

Whatever, wherever, or however.....I hope you find what you need!

CHEERS!

D

If you leave Hua Lamphong train station and walk directly southwest, toward the river, there are dozens, maybe hundreds of shops selling ferrous and non-ferrous metal in all configurations. It's part of Chinatown, but not the tourist part.

Wat Traimit is in the area for a landmark, and the area south of that Wat is a goldmine for what you're looking for.

GPS is 13 44 12.8 100 30 59.8 to get you into the neighborhood.

They're mostly closed on Sundays