Help Me Recommend A Hotel

psychosid10

My friend is comin to bkk with her husband .. here is what she is looking for in hr own words

"Incase a basic hotel is just basic and bad location I cud look at the higher bracket. In Bangkok, I'd like to be near the heart of the city, but not at a pick-up place obviously! The idea is to c as much in the 2-3 days that we'll have! I guess between 1200-1800 is fine. But if the purpose gets solved in a cheaper hotel, I dont mind. I'd rather spend on the shopping! This trip is meant mainly for freaking out by shopping. "

what do you guys suggest?

Bangkok Hotels Prepaid Rates

My Suggestion Here

Asia Hotel next to Ratchathewi BTS Skytrain and just around the corner from Siam Paragon, MBK, Siam Centre etc. would be a handy place for eating and shopping. Walking distance to Panthip Plaza (software) & Pratunam for shopping Clothes, shoes etc.. Asia Hotel also has a Caberet Show.

Show Here

Map Here 4 Skytrain

Bangkok Info here

Hotel number 3 on map here

More Maps

In Bangkok, I'd like to be near the heart of the city, but not at a pick-up place obviously!

Hotels in the area could be more or less "guest friendly" but the irony is - Asia hotel used to be (could still be) a pickup place in the multileveled shopping and lobby area. That's where upper class working girls would pick their Thai/Asian customers and go up to the rooms. Pretty well concealed and only if you go there repeatedly and frequently you may notice same beatuful faces around in no official capacity.

I remember that when venturing there to (now 2 years closed) Thai Airways office at the ground floor.

Not a problem unless the lady who's asking the OP to recommend a hotel is of Asian appearance. She might be denied access to the lifts and rooms or asked for ID if she is on her own. Pretty embarassing.

Otherwise the hotel is OK.

hmmm .. I guess the ID thing puts me off .. i dont wanna embarass someone coz of my choice of hotels .. especially given the number of hotels in bkk .. how about baiyoke sky Or Indra .. how good are they?

Bayoke is a good hotel but inconveniently located. Traffic jams to get in and out.

Now that you have entered a different price range, why not try Emporuim Suites. A world class place, atop of one of most popular shopping malls in BKK and directly on SkyTrain (Phrom Pong station).

See the sponsors or google for it.

is Baiyoke out of my initial range of 1200-1800 ?

It is, well over it. Have you seen the pics of the building? The tallest one in BKK as far as I know. Almost monumental.

Bear in mind, this is the hottest time of the year in Thailand. You don't want your friends to become a wad of sweat in a few minutes time.

Whatever you find, keep them near the sky train.

Majestic Suites...

http://www.majesticsuites.com/

A sex tourists hotel.

<deleted>....

JW Marriott and LandMark are there, but nobody could ever call them sex hotels.

When the price goes down, some surrounding establishments can help.

Just look at the location. Not exactly like the Nana hotel, but just about that.

I would have never tell my friends (who are not in there for bar fun) that I knew about such a place.

Edited by think_too_mut

I did a lot of work on the net thru www.hoteltravel.com to find the 2 star Leela Inn Hotel close to Bumrungrad hospital in Thailand. I emailed them. They took forever to reply. They didn’t meet me at the airport, jan 2?, ’06 as they said they would. Not sorry. My room wasn’t ready. Not sorry. I was in a temporary room one night then moved to another room - cost me half a day. The elevators were hot, the halls narrow, the carpet was stained, torn and had holes in it. The windows hadn’t been cleaned in months. The building vibrated. The shower was not warm enough, even after one of the staff adjusted it. The water from it ran the length of the bathroom into a drain making the bathroom unusable unless one wanted to change shoes at the door each time. The volume on the big TV in the lobby was up high during breakfast. There were too many flashing holiday lights. The desk gave bad directions to Foodland and didn’t know of the Villa market. Other guests felt the same as I.

I dreaded staying at there. I wandered around and by luck found the euro park hotel for about the same price. I immediately moved in and in an instant was a new person.

I wonder how many hotels listed by www.hoteltravel.com are as bad as the Leela Inn Hotel.

Al garner

Majestic Suites...

http://www.majesticsuites.com/

A sex tourists hotel.

<deleted>....

JW Marriott and LandMark are there, but nobody could ever call them sex hotels.

When the price goes down, some surrounding establishments can help.

Just look at the location. Not exactly like the Nana hotel, but just about that.

I would have never tell my friends (who are not in there for bar fun) that I knew about such a place.

Disagree with you there if you use that logic any hotel is sex tourist hotel. I've stayed in Marriot and Landmark and yes there are what you describe as sex tourists there. BTW Marriot and landmark are extremely overpriced. If you want upscale value go to the Majestic Grand Hotel.

Good hotel and central, right next to the sky train. And comparing it to Nana - you obviously dont have a clue. :o

Edited by britmaveric

Stayed there 2yrs. ago. Rooms good,rest. fair. Some const. going on in front now so don't know if noise is a factor in the daytime. Would recommend it to non-bar tourists. You might also try the Honey a bit further down, even stayed there with mom.

In Bangkok, I'd like to be near the heart of the city, but not at a pick-up place obviously!

Hotels in the area could be more or less "guest friendly" but the irony is - Asia hotel used to be (could still be) a pickup place in the multileveled shopping and lobby area. That's where upper class working girls would pick their Thai/Asian customers and go up to the rooms. Pretty well concealed and only if you go there repeatedly and frequently you may notice same beatuful faces around in no official capacity.

I remember that when venturing there to (now 2 years closed) Thai Airways office at the ground floor.

Not a problem unless the lady who's asking the OP to recommend a hotel is of Asian appearance. She might be denied access to the lifts and rooms or asked for ID if she is on her own. Pretty embarassing.

Otherwise the hotel is OK.

Any Hotel IN BKK can get a girl if you want one, I suggested that hotel for it's location. Personally I would stay HERE

cause it's cheaper,clean & has washing machines, orchids on every floor, close to Pratunam, but not close to BTS or underground trains. But it is off Rajprarop rd, so easy to get taxi's. p.s Make sure you take your friends to Chatujak Market (if they come on a weekend).

The Menam Riverside, shuttle boat to BTS (last station on Silom line), from there walking distance to all of Silom, great river views, and an understanding Brit GM - within your budget PM and I will give you email contact.