Khon Kaen Imm Today

klikster

Went for annual extension, only 3 officers working, still in & out in 20 min.

Asked about 90 day report, do I have to go in person or can my wife do it (as she has done for past 3 reports). "Same as before." (saw in one of the forums that in the future, "agents not allowed".)

Even told wife (last ID card was from Nakhon Ratchasima Province) she could drop off a copy of Tabien Ban later.

Bank letter how old? Two to three days is no problem.

Reason we asked, had a silly problem with KTB.

Lat month I deposited a check from U.S. and still waiting on proceeds to clear. Had more than enough in account besides the check, but needed book updated to match bank letter. (Last bank book update was more than 1 month ago)

Claimed they couldn't update book until US check cleared .. then changed to "Today's bank transactions not finished" .. duh!

Bangkok Bank here I come.

• 2 weeks later...

I/we applied for another 1yr retirement visa yesterday. Had all the forms - that I've filled out for several years - prepared. This was not enough as I was issued 2 more forms which seemed redundant to the ones previously demanded. I'm not sure of the origin of these additional forms or they were "in house" forms only.

The "lady" who typically handles retirement visas seems very unhappy.... not a friendly "glow."

A mate told me about these extra forms (assuming it is the same).

One is just a formal assurance "Acknoledgement of the conditions for permitted continuation of stay in the Kingdom of Thailand".

It is in Thai and English. I guess: strange kind of reassurance that you know the conditions of your stay (retirement, no work)?

The other one is in Thai only and is about your source for the cost of living.

Again I guess: assure that you do not work and do not make money in Thailand?

Why I did not get these forms last Sep, I don't know.

Maybe its related to the kind of bank account you show (e.g. fixed deposit without account movements)?

Sorry, all speculation. In Sep I will see.

And yes the lady on the right counter sucks bah.gif

Edited by KhunBENQ

I'm pretty sure one of those is a "I know the conditions/rules under which my retirement is issued" acknowledgement. I remember something very similar when Korat Imm was at Chok Chai.

I don't see those as a big deal. They were provided during the process .. just a sig needed. They seem to be new at KK.

Yes, I'm well impressed with Khon Kaen Immigration dept too. Having used Nong Khai, Nakon Phanom and Sakon Nakhon in the past, I've been to Khon Kaen Immigration a few times and each time it's been a fast, painless affair and a vast improvement. Good English, polite and no hassle, and that's just my behavior!.

'Asked about 90 day report, do I have to go in person or can my wife do it (as she has done for past 3 reports). "Same as before." (saw in one of the forums that in the future), "agents not allowed".

The other option is just post the TM47 form to them with copy of relevant passport pages (id page with photo on plus visa stamp and entry stamp) and return stamped address envelope. Send 'long tabian' (registered).

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure one of those is a "I know the conditions/rules under which my retirement is issued" acknowledgement. I remember something very similar when Korat Imm was at Chok Chai.

I don't see those as a big deal. They were provided during the process .. just a sig needed. They seem to be new at KK.

At least this form exists in somewhat official form.

Can be downloaded from the immigration website:

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/form_acknow_con2stay.pdf

The other one (in Thai): still not sure what is all about.

Seems to be a questionaire about your source of income, and yet another "do not work" reminder. . .

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

Actually, I have never had a major problem at any immigration office in Thailand -- and I have been here full time since 1996. I didn't particularly like the crowding at Chok Chai or Dan Kwian, but the officers never asked anything of me that seemed improper.

Banks have tossed in a monkey wrench from time-to-time by not doing an actual printed out update to my bank book (and I hadn't noticed it). I didn't especially like the 300+ km drive to Dan Singkorn for several years .. but there was pretty neat restaurant nearby.

To me, Khon Kaen seems a breath of fresh air by comparison.

After all, it's less than an afternoon once a year plus 3 X 1 hour or less for 90 day reports, which my wife does (we live nearby).

Thank you, KK Immigration! smile.png

• Like 2

The other one (in Thai): still not sure what is all about.

Seems to be a questionaire about your source of income, and yet another "do not work" reminder. . .

The other form in Thai language:

basically it is nothing more than a journal/log about your application for the extension of temporary stay.

Name, type of visa, date of arrival, admitted until, your adress.

You state that you are not employed and live on a pension or money in the bank account (incl. the details like amount, bank branch, account nr. bla. bla.)

It ends with a "read or listen carefully" and four (!) fields for signatures:

you, the translator (!), the officer and the secretary/record keeper.

The thing with the translator seems like a joke. In my case I will take my wife with me.

So overall: nothing substantial, Just antother sheet of paper containing infos which have been documented already.

The form contains "checkpoint Khon Kaen" in printed form, so might be a "home grown" thing.

Edited by KhunBENQ