Are there waterproof dashcams available for motorcycles in LOS?

bealus

As I see quite a few cars in Thailand(owned by Fa rang as well as Thai)are being equipped with a dash-cam, and this may not be

a disadvantage considering Thai road conditions and style of driving, I have a question:

Recently bought a bike myself here and enjoy it a lot; but while trying to anticipating on the traffic, sometimes it's a close call to avoid

accidents. Bit of proof or evidence from the accident or incident could come in handy.

So I wonder are there waterproof mountable kind of dash/cockpit cams for motorcycles available, does someone has experience with them, and where can they be bought/ordered in Thailand?

The GoPro comes with a wateproof housing- the new 3 is out, and you might still find some great deals on a leftover 2.

Thx for the info; will Google for the specs. Wish it has a loop-funtion toothumbsup.gif

I have been searching for an age for something that charge while record,

the thing Garry uploaded fits the bill except one thing:

I also want to have a small video on the thing so

1] i can see where i aim

2] i can replay and watch it on the spot

So can i connect or add that thing to a display somehow on the spot ?

I'm looking for something that I can have on the bike all the time. i.e. the dvr mounted under the seat and wired cams front and rear that I could mount inside the fairing. I'd connect it to the ignition so it comes on automatically when I start the bike. Has anyone seen anything like this?

• Like 1

The GoPro comes with a wateproof housing- the new 3 is out, and you might still find some great deals on a leftover 2.

The waterproof housing for the GoPro is excellent. I have diver friends that have used them as deep as 130 feet with no problems.

David

Chinavasion.com do some great ones and phones etc: they ship to LOS from HK

Chinavasion.com do some great ones and phones etc: they ship to LOS from HK

lot of interesting gadgets; bookmarked itsmile.png

The waterproof housing for the GoPro is excellent. I have diver friends that have used them as deep as 130 feet with no problems.

have used them as deep as 130 feet with no problems

will survive any pothole in Thailand then..........

• Like 1

There is a way to charge while record with gopro actually,

by cutting a hole in the housing and charge via a mini USB

http://goprouser.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?t=6958&p=39112

so where do i buy gopro in pattaya ?

thx for the vid about mounting the GoPro to the bike; can't help you about a dealer in Pattaya. Just returned from BKK with the official GoPro brochure. Prices vary

from Baht 11.160 for the "naked" Hero 3 up to Baht 19.800 for Hero 3 including Surf Edition water-proof

http://www.tachyoninc.com/bikercam.php

HD - 30 FPS - MPEG 4, H.264. Continuous loop recording can record continuousy when used in combination with Charge n' Record 12V Charger

BikerCamCloseWet.pngBikerCamDudes.png

HD - 30 FPS - MPEG 4, H.264. Continuous loop recording can record continuousy when used in combination with Charge n' Record 12V Charger

Continuous loop recording

& continuous charging; tailor-made for motorcycles. Impressive!!! Think a lot of bikers on TV(including OP)like thiswai.gif

• Like 1

I have been searching for an age for something that charge while record, the thing Garry uploaded fits the bill except one thing: I also want to have a small video on the thing so 1] i can see where i aim 2] i can replay and watch it on the spot So can i connect or add that thing to a display somehow on the spot ?

I have been searching for an age for something that charge while record, the thing Garry uploaded fits the bill except one thing: I also want to have a small video on the thing so 1] i can see where i aim 2] i can replay and watch it on the spot So can i connect or add that thing to a display somehow on the spot ?

First the bad news: Its NOT waterproof(so you have to get/make a casing yourself)and designed for cars; but it HAS GPS on board and INSTANT replay. So couldn't resist to share it with you anyway. If somebody could make this work on a bike; you'd have TRACKING&IMAGING of your trips!

http://www.m3asia.com/index.php?option=com_djcatalog2&view=item&id=71:papago-p3-full-hd-driving-recorder&cid=12

• 4 weeks later...

& continuous charging; tailor-made for motorcycles. Impressive!!! Think a lot of bikers on TV(including OP)like thiswai.gif

I ordered the camera today, so hopefullyl it should reach landfall in a few weeks. It will double duty on my bike & my SUV. As stated previosuly, the continuous loop recording and charging sold it for me. smile.png

Edited by Garry

I saw these small cameras in one of the electronic shops at Airport plaza a while ago, apparently all the downhill mountainbikers use them. Might have to go and have another look to get the specs on them. Im sure they were waterproof as the bikers use them in all weathers.

Edited by CMKiwi

They can be found at Tukcom in Pattaya, and they have a plexi case, but I dont know the price.

Will be in Pattaya this week, certainly pay a visit then to TukCom looking for plexi-glass cases

I ordered the camera today, so hopefullyl it should reach landfall in a few weeks. It will double duty on my bike & my SUV. As stated previosuly, the continuous loop recording and charging sold it for me. smile.png

Hi Garry, I bet many TV members on this topic would like to know about your first experience with this cam; could you give us

your personal test-report once you have received the cam? Thx in advance!!!!

• Like 1

Do NOT get a GoPro for this purpose

I had and HD 3 Black and the batteries only last 30-40mins each.

Unless you get a 12v socket put in and charge the camera that way, it's a horrible waste of money for what you want.

Get a cheap one capable of close to 720p 30fps or so

If you want to take awesome movies and pics of your ride, then get the gopro.

Hi Garry, I bet many TV members on this topic would like to know about your first experience with this cam; could you give us

I definitely will. I either have bought a dud or it turns out to be all that is stated on the webiste. They're prompt in addressing customer orders; the item is already on the way and I received a tracking number within hours or purchase. biggrin.png

I definitely will. I either have bought a dud or it turns out to be all that is stated on the webiste. They're prompt in addressing customer orders; the item is already on the way and I received a tracking number within hours or purchase. biggrin.png

Just checked the tracker. Already being processed in Thailand.

Just checked the tracker. Already being processed in Thailand.