Thai diplomat will be treated fairly on assault accusation: Thai Foreign Minister

webfact

Is it up to the Thais to investigate the case and give it a fair treatment?? I believe reading it happened in Cairo, so shouldn't they investigate??

#tonneke breda

It is up to the Thai ministry to investigate their or on behalf of their employee - like any other issue, an internal investigation runs parallel to others

If it happened inside the Thai Embassy compound, it happened in Thailand.

coffee1.gif It didn't . . . but then you'd need to read the article to know that

Lets see what the story is , before we all go of at different tangents, these embassy staff at times have to deal with some difficult people and bitchy lawyers are the same as everyone else on a bad day.coffee1.gif

This was at a drinks session in a hotel - why would you say that they have to deal with difficult people and why would you suggest that the Egyptians were difficult people?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those that missed the original topic on this affair, reading this topic may answer some questions:

Thai diplomat accused of assault acted in self-defence: Foreign Ministry

That was the dip's account of the affair

Come on people. This Egyptian couple are shaking Thailand down for compensation. Believe me, the Thai woman was assaulted, too. This is a bar room scrap by a couple looking for cash.

You're not very bright, are you . . . Egypt is an old world society as well where the wealthy study law and drink at high-class venues (not all Egyptians are Muslims and even then . . . ) . . . they don't need a lowly diplomat's money.

Time you changed your environment as you seem very low rent

• Like 1

Come on people. This Egyptian couple are shaking Thailand down for compensation. Believe me, the Thai woman was assaulted, too. This is a bar room scrap by a couple looking for cash.

Ooooh.. Your a funny man. Some people aren't that easy to buy and would take far greater pleasure seeing someone punished than take the cash.

How much would I want if someone assaulted my wife? 20mn enough? You think they will pay out that much? Would my wife let me take the cash.

Nope.

Edited by Thai at Heart
  • Like 2

With so many Thai's being allowed to pass without effort in schools and exam's outside of school, not forgetting the fact that they are rarely told " No " at home or at the super markets. While standing with my wife waiting for her, I watched this little 6 year girl approach the salad bar and just before reaching there she pulled up her dress ran her and into her panties and started itching in view of everyone including her mom who was watching. As she got to spot at the salad bar she was interested in " With her mom right behind her watching, she took that same hand and stuck in the bowl with the little pigeon eggs. Not just to grab one, but mixing them around with her hand before grabbing a hand full as I watched in horror trying to remember how many times I had eaten at a salad bar bah.gifbah.gifbah.gif

. They become natural "can't talk,can't win type people" . Meaning that, these guys grow up knowing no

boundaries, both at home and at school.

i e: I went to rent a condo for a wealthy white Thai in Bangkok. She was asking 150,000 baht a month plus deposited. The condo while very nice inside, was a bit less

desirable outside and in the lobby area where you could see the lack of interest in caring for the building existed in the highest level. I am sure this explains why it hadn't been

rented in many years. Nevertheless we were willing to make an offer because it was a majestic looking building and just off Sukhumvit Rd in Bangkok. We met at the condo and sat down with her staff.

I made and offer of 100,000 baht and a 2 year contract. The owner immediately " She was in her late 60's I believe" jumped up with her sky high hair do and started

screaming NO! in a very high pitched crying sound. NO! NO! NO! I WON"T TAKE 100,000 thousand, NO NO NO NO as she danced around on the floor walking around in circles. I thought for

sure she was going to drop to the floor and curl up fetus and start sucking her thumb. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif It was so bizarre to me but apparently not to her staff who bowed their heads with a smile.

I think the men have been taught fairly well about maintaining their composure while the women who have inherited this money and positions are less likely to keep their wits about them.

Edited by oops
  • Like 2

Being surrounded by squiggly script and the jibber-jabber, and bizarre cuisine of a foreign culture such as Egypt's can be

Man, I don't know what are you taking, but I want some too.

When a culture is rooted in violence, one can not be surprised when even their diplomats turn to violence to solve problems.

I have to agree that the tendency to rage and violence as opposed to reason and use of intelligence does seem to be the way in Thailand. I tend to walk on egg shells with Thais, almost as I would with a street dog, even if it seemed nice and friendly. Sorry, but that is what I have learned to do. But what is the root cause of this apparent cultural tendency? It does seem especially prominent in Thailand but quickness to rage are not unique to Thailand, it happens in many Asian countries.

When a culture is rooted in violence, one can not be surprised when even their diplomats turn to violence to solve problems.

I have to agree that the tendency to rage and violence as opposed to reason and use of intelligence does seem to be the way in Thailand. I tend to walk on egg shells with Thais, almost as I would with a street dog, even if it seemed nice and friendly. Sorry, but that is what I have learned to do. But what is the root cause of this apparent cultural tendency? It does seem especially prominent in Thailand but quickness to rage are not unique to Thailand, it happens in many Asian countries.

Comes from a deep rooted inferiority complex, which no amount of trumpet blowing about hubs and being number one can erase. :(

True but it did not happen inside the embassy, it happened on Egyptian soil. Sure Thailand are free to have an inhouse investigation of the incident involving one of their own. They will come up with their own findings and dismiss any other investigation and that will be the farang assaulted the thai.

An overly inflammatory post using disguised profanities has been removed as well as the replies. The profanities may have been disguised, the post was still profane and nasty.

I will now wonder for hours on how to disguise profanities .., and not get caugth :)

• Like 2

True but it did not happen inside the embassy, it happened on Egyptian soil. Sure Thailand are free to have an inhouse investigation of the incident involving one of their own. They will come up with their own findings and dismiss any other investigation and that will be the farang assaulted the thai.
Perhaps a Deputy PM Pol whatever should move on to Egypt after his alleged appearance in Hong Kong. In a few days (90 max) he'll have everyone, thai and non-thai, singing from a new hymn-sheet.

Perhaps a Deputy PM Pol whatever should move on to Egypt after his alleged appearance in Hong Kong. In a few days (90 max) he'll have everyone, thai and non-thai, singing from a new hymn-sheet.

Yeah, probably Chumbawumba's 'Tubthumping'!

("He takes a whisky drink, he takes a lager drink.......pissing the night away.")

Edited by bigbamboo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

"the first secretary at the Thai embassy in Cairo, Kakanang Amaranand, allegedly verbally and physically assaulted lawyer Rana Ashraf on June 13"

I believe she failed the "diplomacy" test,

Rule#1 Do not get into a catfight (check!) with a lawyer (check!) on foreign soil.(check!)

We have a trifecta!w00t.gif