Astro or True (and the Ashes and EPL footie)

tykel68

Howdy,

first post (and an important one). I currently have True Visions, mainly for the football. It's quite expensive but worth it to catch the games. I also want to watch the forthcoming Ashes cricket but True don't have it (as far as I know) so I am wondering if Astro have it?

I called into Rawai cable but my Thai and their English aren't good enough to find out the above Does anyone know if Astro has confirmed the Ashes?

Also does anyone know what the status of showing EPL footie ion Thailand is next season, is True going to come to the party or will Astro have some games or another company?

Lastly do Astro have Formula 1?

Has anyone used Astro. It's a lot cheaper. I don't think they have HBO do they, it's about the only other TV I watch?

General advice or comment would be appreciated as I think I'll take the plunge and go with Astro and ditch the True Vision package.

Love the forum, really pleased to have found it.

All the best,

Michael

Legally you can not watch Astro in Thailand as they do not have distribution rights here. Having said that, I think there companies selling subscriptions to Thailand but at a very high cost, higher than True. Beware of the card sharing options, apart from being illegal (piracy) there are many problems with it, for example timeouts due to network or server problems.

True recently got Setanta for the Rugby. But True - UBC have never had cricket. And due to IP Blocking you can't even get an internet radio broadcast!!!!

getting the cricket here has never been an easy process.

There is a way to get Ten sports and 10 Cricket here now in the LOS, via IPTV, but it requires a Box, 6000 baht per annum 'Subscription', and a 5 Mbps Connection. I am not 100% sure10 Cricket are broadcasting the Ashes, but I should think they would do. I am contemplating it but since I have Platinum True Vision and CTH if I am not careful I'll go broke buying Pay TV. thinking of ditching True Visions and taking up the IPTV Option to be honest. Seems to be a better option for an English Speaking Farang with a lot better channel selection (for us) than True or CTH, or both, can offer.

I am not sure, I will have to check but I think the IPTV system has the EPL too, and the Australia Network and Sentanta, plus others - that's why I am seriously considering it

Edited by cpofc

True recently got Setanta for the Rugby. But True - UBC have never had cricket. And due to IP Blocking you can't even get an internet radio broadcast!!!!

Rugby as in Untion confirm? What about Test etc?

re IP blocking, I presume your net is with TRUE or AIS? Are are you referring to blocking Thailand on the broad cast?

Thanks for the replies. I think Channel 9 does cricket in Oz but it's been a while since i lived there. IPTV, haven't heard of them and a quick search just reveals a Thai site, my Thai isn't great. I will investigate though. I'm a Brit so I'm thinking CTH (for EPL) and either of these https://www.thaiexpat.tv/cart.php http://www.uk-tv.asia/ for my Brit fix and the F1. Still 35% cheaper than my current Truevisions Platinum plan. I'll take a look at the IPTV channel line up though.

Still no cricket but I could get on the radio try this site for IP problem free radio in the UK http://www.listenlive.eu/uk.html. Really want it on the telebox though. If anyone finds out how to get it let me know, other than Astro of course.

Had Astro for the last 4 years no black outs and yes you get both the soccor uk and german and italian and the Ausy and english rugby league and the english rugby along with the super 12s plus most tests all live.

Also has formula one I think its 23k per year I forget till my next yearly phone call comes for renewal.

Just watched the 2nd state of O live to night