Scorpion Serket Exhaust

mania

Not 100% thrilled with the look but it is ok.
What I am excited about is the sound & dyno's I have seen
on various bikes. Good gains & not too loud

Also some key features of this product is the materials being used

on end cap etc.
& the lack of ever needing to be repacked sounds great !
It is an interesting design with no mount strap around the can either

Sound wise stock is 88db & this is 88.25 with silencer in
Less than half the weight of stock
Gains for both slip on & full are quite good.

Sound clips I have heard are very good
The difference between silenced & out are nice

With the silencer out it is louder of course but very tight not flabby at all.
http://www.scorpion-exhausts.com/product-details.html?autoid=1230

I have an email inquiry in to the UK company yankee99 recommended

As they are made in the UK

Also I would like to see what other versions are available.

Form the Scorpion site I see you can have pretty much any config you want

all Carbon, or stainless/carbon titanium/carbon etc.

Carbon

Stainless

Titainium

VLzaQW.JPG

Edited by mania

i know scorpion as they have the same pipe for cbr500r.

great looking and great sounding pipe but mania do not believe like it will be quieter that what you have in your hand.

maybe slightly but not much i think.

No it for sure is not quieter

But it is not loud as in 95-105 db range

Their tests show & so do the videos

Pretty reasonable give the gains

Also the features are very different in materials & never needing a repack is huge

then go forward mania. titanium is the way to go. looks cool.

love that red circle on the tip.

and yes, no packing lifetime is great. mine they said needs packing every year or two and they can do it for 500 thb.

will you go forward for full system or slip on?

then go forward mania. titanium is the way to go. looks cool.

love that red circle on the tip.

and yes, no packing lifetime is great. mine they said needs packing every year or two and they can do it for 500 thb.

will you go forward for full system or slip on?

I have to see about full or not.

Seems here I have only seen slip on so far.

But headers here are easy to find or I can dig the cat out of my stock one too.

But of course a system designed as a whole would be better

I am also going to check with Area P how hard I would be hit by

postage getting their quiet pipe setup

I put a Scorpion slip on on my ER6n and love it (This One). It has a GREAT sound and, as you say, with the SS packing it's good for a long time -- that's what sold me after researching all the options. I ordered mine from here for shipping to a friend in the US: http://www.pipecity.com/

Pipe City had the best price at the time. My friend reshipped to me by POST OFFICE Priority Mail (FedEx or UPS will screw you on customs). I also had him smear some mud and dirt on it before packing. Only the pipe, sans all factory packaging went into the box. He used a plain box, with hand written labels (no commercial look) and labeled contents "Pipe" (vague, but not fraudulent) and declared the value under $100. I had him ship the fittings and paperwork separately in a padded mailer by USPS First Class. I paid no duty or taxes. It sailed right through. If you have your supplier ship direct to you, you WILL be hit with duty and taxes. I also NEVER have anything insured regardless of the value as it raises a red flag for the customs people.

• Like 2

Thanks Ticketmaster

Yeah I am liking this Scorpion more & more as I read about it

On the price I am starting to think I may be better off just buying locally.

Even the site you link has it for $539 USD/ 16,732 baht then I still have to get it here smile.png

They sell here for 19000

I have seen it in the UK for a bit less but again the shipping risk.

Will see & glad to hear you like it.

Did you note any gains on your Er6N when installed?

Thanks again

Hard to say about the gains. I certainly "felt" like I had a gain, but without a dyno, one can't be sure. But then when I changed my bike from the color black to red, I was sure it was faster. (:

I installed a PCV and AutoTune with LCD200 at the same time. Once I had my fuel map perfected, I absolutely had gains, both in fuel economy and power. The thing is, modern ECU's make a compromise in your AFR (air to fuel ratio) so your machine can run on either benzine or gasohol. When you make a custom fuel map, you can get the optimum AFR for the fuel you use and your riding style. It is quite complex. I mapped for benzine. One of these days, I'll make a map for gasohol, but haven't done it yet. I need to do it as you can change maps on the fly with a flip of a switch. And with benzine getting more expensive and harder to find, it might be a good idea, though I personally hate the idea of gasohol.

By the way, can is way lighter than stock, but still weighs a little. You would probably pay pretty close to $100 for shipping anyway, so if you can pay that much more here and eliminate all the risk of shipping and taxes, that might be a smart way to go. I think the tax on motorcycle parts might be 30%, maybe somebody else knows. If the tax folks nail you, you get the double whammy of shipping costs and taxes. I had never seen the Scorpion here at the time I bought mine. In fact a lot of accessories I imported three years ago have now appeared here.

Accessories for ER6n W-Links.pdf

Edited by Ticketmaster

Very true about shipping & charges TicketMaster

& I was told the same by yankee99 so am leaning to a local purchase on this one.

Very impressive logging of your costs & where bought etc. for your bike. smile.png

That should be very handy for quick reference. Good job

I do the same but just a excel file with part/cost/date

On the mapping yes I agree & have an Area P unit that will come eventually.

Taking its time as I had to send a personal check due to paypal hassles over my billing address etc.

But it too can hold 3 maps & be switched.

I am looking forward to that & am undecided about initial maps/setup

Wondering if I might want to play with it from near stock now ( just air filter panel )

Then add exhaust & of course finally tune maps to fuel etc.

Enjoyable stuff wink.png

In the end I know what I want out of it so hopefully with the help at Area P/Fuel Moto on the mapping

it can be achieved. I have played with Bazzaz's software & it is interesting somewhat simple & yet complicated

when looking at the map & all the variables that are changeable at various throttle openings/rpm

Thanks

PS: I see you have the slip on & wondered if you have thought about a header or modified your cat out of the stock header?

Edited by mania

Yeah it is all the variables on the mapping that makes it tedious. Throttle position, RPM, gear, etc. The combinations and permutations are endless. When I got the LCD200, it sure brought it into focus. It was expensive, but you get real time monitoring of a whole lot of things. You can see EXACTLY what you AFR is at any moment. It was a real boon over guessing.

I stopped with the can. I have already spent more on accessories than the bike cost and it is pretty fully loaded for touring, which is what I like to do. I just like cruising around the country.

• Like 2

what do you mean by local purchase mania? do they sell it in Thailand?

this shipping and taxes are like a wall for me for buying something from abroad. You never know how hard you will get hit:)

last time they charged me 3000 thb for a 3000 thb pipe for cbr250.

that is why got the first pipe on my way this time.

what do you mean by local purchase mania? do they sell it in Thailand?

this shipping and taxes are like a wall for me for buying something from abroad. You never know how hard you will get hit:)

last time they charged me 3000 thb for a 3000 thb pipe for cbr250.

that is why got the first pipe on my way this time.

Yes that Pekky Pro Street said they have it in Bangkok

The advertise on ninja250 thailand dot com but also facebook

This is their pic as you can see their logo too

I went into their Chiangmai place today but they said it is not here & need to order from Bangkok

I wanted to see it & look at that mount bracket as well as see if it is a straight thru design.

Sometimes I really wonder as most of these cans are just that...a straight thru design with a baffle/db killer inserted.

All that makes them different is shape which maybe colors tone & of course quality of build & materials.

If that is true for the can then it makes you wonder at times about the giant price differences

among brands.

I can understand a header design with thought put into bends degrees etc & that may have an impact

on exhaust flow

but on these cans they all seems to be basically straight thru with a removable baffle.

3wCg0F.JPG

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

That last post made me wonder about the brackets. When I ordered form the US, I ordered model specif and got it; everything fit perfectly. But here, if they have some kind a a "generic" fitment model, it could end up being a nightmare. It would be nice to take your bike to the shop, hold the can and the brackets up to the bike and see how they compare to the stock installation.

That last post made me wonder about the brackets. When I ordered form the US, I ordered model specif and got it; everything fit perfectly. But here, if they have some kind a a "generic" fitment model, it could end up being a nightmare. It would be nice to take your bike to the shop, hold the can and the brackets up to the bike and see how they compare to the stock installation.

Actually it is not like you probably think.

That mount on the can is not the mount of the exact mount hole on the bike.

There is another link plate

Not sure if this picture will show it clearly but you may get an idea

Also this vid from about 1:40 in

Edited by mania

I know there's a link plate; I installed one. But with my ER's underbike installation, there was absolutely no wiggle room. Between the can itself and the mounting hardware, the angles and dimensions of everything had to be EXACTLY right (very bike specific) or it would not have worked and I would have had to have had a special bracket made. But it did work. Many motorcycle models would be much more forgiving than the ER.

I was just questioning whether they are selling the bike specific kit here, or just a generic can and you have to figure out how to mount it by yourself. Often, that is the way it is here simply because there are so many combinations and permutations with all the different bikes and accessories out there, nobody can stock it all for such a small population. The motorcycle population alone in the US is probably bigger than the entire Thai population!

I was just questioning whether they are selling the bike specific kit here, or just a generic can and you have to figure out how to mount it by yourself. Often, that is the way it is here simply because there are so many combinations and permutations with all the different bikes and accessories out there, nobody can stock it all for such a small population. The motorcycle population alone in the US is probably bigger than the entire Thai population!

Ah got it...

Yes I am not sure as I have not seen one in person yet.

In that video it looked bike specific in that it was boxed. So I imagine they sell them that kit way but again not sure.

Personally what I wanted to see was how that mount ear was attached to the can.

Is it just epoxied in place or riveted etc.

Edited by mania