Semi-Naked Russian Woman found in Central Pattaya Forest

Rimmer

"She confirmed she was Russian but was unable to speak English which made communication with her very difficult." half the tourists here are Russian. New signs springing up in Russian. About time someone learned the language. Da.

They've been trying to learn English here for 50 years without success, not much chance of a Thai speaking Russian !

do you really think the collective "they" has been trying?

all the individuals i know that have actually "tried" have picked up the language just fine

Her attire is in disarray.

The wearing of undergarments is normally accompanied with in that situation a skirt or some form of pants/trousers, her top seems to be a loose t shirt and again I would guess be covered with a blouse/shirt.

I would think it's a reasonable speculation that she did not leave her home/hotel looking like that.

Causes for the disconnected mental state and the lack of her other clothes:

- Medical condition and lack of normal medication?

- Drug abuse or bad reaction to something taken deliberately?

- Drug administered or consumed unwittingly that then did or did not result in some type of robbery and or assault?

In any of those situations she needs to be taken to a place of safety even if against her confused will as she is not able to care for herself. Then assess who, what, where, when etc.

The "semi-naked" is again a translation thing from Thai to Almost-English.

As for Russian speaking Tourist Police Volunteers, I recall seeing a list a few years ago that detailed the languages spoken among their ranks - but to what level? - I'm sure Russian was included.

Do they talk with the other VTP units? The Russian volunteer on Koh Samui: Oleg Grigoriev, Russian-language phone support +6689-866-3686.

-----------------------------------------------

To the other comments - show some respect, if this was a relative of yours who had suffered any situation that caused these events to unfold, might you wish people to be less jovial at her expense?

Just because others are animals does not mean you have to be so.

Edited by Cuban

"They've been trying to learn English here for 50 years without success, not much chance of a Thai speaking Russian !".......

Not so sure about that. My wife is Thai and speaks four languages, English being one of them. Her writing skills in English are probably better than some of the westerners on this forum whose first language is supposed to be English. I meet Thai people all the time who speak English much better than I speak Thai and I have been learning to speak, read and write Thai for nearly eight years.

OK, so that's one Thai.

Even the all mighty PM struggles with it.

So being distressed & confused rates Headlines with pics ( Thankfully NO Pointing ) & there is a Forest in Central Pattaya.????????????????? WHERE ??

I guess Accuracy in reporting has little semblance to Reality in Pattaya.

Glad she didn't have ID on her we would have her Name , Address etc.

If she is Semi Naked , god alone knows what description you could give some of the Beer Belly shirtless Male yobbos walking around the streets of Pattaya.

"A Nightmare on Second Road " would be an apt title

ph34r.png

"They've been trying to learn English here for 50 years without success, not much chance of a Thai speaking Russian !".......

Not so sure about that. My wife is Thai and speaks four languages, English being one of them. Her writing skills in English are probably better than some of the westerners on this forum whose first language is supposed to be English. I meet Thai people all the time who speak English much better than I speak Thai and I have been learning to speak, read and write Thai for nearly eight years.

Hey I know Thai's that speak better English than me, but then I am Australian smile.png

Nothing against the Russian but that's hardly semi naked. I see women walking down my street wearing that.

Article states that they gave her a shirt.

Thanks I missed that. Fact still remains.

Semi Naked...

As pointed out all not really much to shout about, just go to the beach if you want to see more flesh.

I have seen naked women running around Walking Street, OK it was a few years ago, as recall I was approaching a bar and the curtain opened and out flew an item best described as "tomorrows laundry" followed by it owner to retrieve it. whistling.gif

• Like 1

I think it's a shame that her pictures were published. What if she was drugged and raped? Whatever happened to her, she doesn't deserve to be exposed like this. Good that she didn't give her name, or else you would also publish it, along with a picture of her passport maybe.

I agree. I think it's a disgrace that innocent victims, and those whose circumstances have not been established, find their names (and even addresses) published, not only in the media, but also here on TV. At the very least, these details should be blanked out before being reported here.

When I was working within the legal system in the UK, I would have been crucified if I had divulged the personal details of any such victims!

Good lord! They'd have nailed you to a cross? What a barbaric country! Do they do that sort of thing in public? Probably not, reading between the lines of your horrifying report. Probably they do that sort of unspeakable thing behind their net curtains, or on the moors, or in a cellar, well away from prying eyes. Phew. Lucky escape. You must be so relieved to be safe in Thailand.