Where Is This Maprachan Resort?

lemel

Does anyone know where this resort is located? www.mabprachanresort.com which is one of the sponsors on Thailand travel. My friend lives on moo 6 Pong and does not know where it is? There is no telephone/contact other than email.

I have friends coming in July who want to be near the lake. Anybody any ideas??

Does anyone know where this resort is located? www.mabprachanresort.com which is one of the sponsors on Thailand travel. My friend lives on moo 6 Pong and does not know where it is? There is no telephone/contact other than email.

Well I live here and don't know where it is. I'm guessing its a housing estate development, but may be wrong.

Your friends could try The PEACOCK. Right on the lake, and I understand the rooms are quite good. Reasonable Farang/Thai menu, pool tables, large swimming pool and some delectable serving wenches. :o

(No, I don't have any shares in it. just trying to promote "driving Street' in the hopes it might attract more punters, and hopefully, more action.)

I don't know either, but checked the website.......

http://www.mabprachanresort.com/location.htm

LaoPo

LaoPo

That's not very far from me, and I must pass the turning everytime I go out, but I've even seen so much as a sign. I'll check it out. It's certainly not on the lakeside, and the rooms are very pricey. :o

LaoPo

That's not very far from me, and I must pass the turning everytime I go out, but I've even seen so much as a sign. I'll check it out. It's certainly not on the lakeside, and the rooms are very pricey. :o

Considering the facilities and quality of the resort 1500 to 1800 isn't a bad rate at all. If you want to pay 600 for a noisy guesthouse that's one thing. If you want something a bit more upscale however, this isn't pricy at all.

cv

LaoPo

Considering the facilities and quality of the resort 1500 to 1800 isn't a bad rate at all. If you want to pay 600 for a noisy guesthouse that's one thing. If you want something a bit more upscale however, this isn't pricy at all.

cv

Sorry, you're quite right - must have been half asleep. I just saw the 'normal prices' which ranges from 3000 - 6000baht, which for a place 15 kms from Pattaya is a bit steep. But the 'internet' rates sound quite reasonable, if as you say its an up market establishment.

Depends on the budget. and what your friends are looking for, but I still reckon the Peacock rooms for under 1000 baht, and right on the lake are pretty good value. If you have time. check'em both out. :D

Hi there,

Seems like a good time to introduce ourselves a bit better...

The resort is still under construction, so there are no signs yet around the area.

We are still on schedual for a soft opening in about 6 weeks, although Thaksin messed planning a bit up with his silly elections :D

The location is indeed not bang on the lake, but within walking distance.

We are located behind the local health center (called An Na Mai in Thai) on the road between the lake and the 36 Highway. You'll see a pretty big red tiled roof there, that's us!

As you could see when browsing our website, you'd notice that our strong point will be all the facilities we're going to offer. Things like wifi-internet, a real movie theater, a non-stop shuttle service to Pattaya (for which we bought the very ugly but very practical SsangYong Stavic :D ), a big swimmingpool etc...

Obviously all this is completely free to use by our guests!

Lemel, we do take bookings for Juli, although we understand that people might be reluctant to book a room in an as yet unfinished hotel.

Peacock place is indeed a good alternative at the moment (well, the only alternative around the lake as far as I know :D )

When the time comes to throw a big opening party, Thaivisa will be the first to know :o

Cheers...

Hi there,

The resort is still under construction, so there are no signs yet around the area.

We are still on schedual for a soft opening in about 6 weeks, although Thaksin messed planning a bit up with his silly elections :D

We are located behind the local health center (called An Na Mai in Thai) on the road between the lake and the 36 Highway. You'll see a pretty big red tiled roof there, that's us!

As you could see when browsing our website, you'd notice that our strong point will be all the facilities we're going to offer. Things like wifi-internet, a real movie theater, a non-stop shuttle service to Pattaya (for which we bought the very ugly but very practical SsangYong Stavic :D ), a big swimmingpool etc...

Lemel, we do take bookings for Juli, although we understand that people might be reluctant to book a room in an as yet unfinished hotel.

Peacock place is indeed a good alternative at the moment (well, the only alternative around the lake as far as I know :D )

When the time comes to throw a big opening party, Thaivisa will be the first to know :o

Cheers...

Thanks for the info, maybe the next time they are here we can take a look and who knows? Do you have a telephone number for the hotel??

Hi there,

Cheers...

Sounds an interesting concept and a good addition to the ever growing choice of venues around the resevoir. I'm sure your already thinking about this, but I'd say the opportunity is to go for the best overall experience and that would include food - lots of cheap, outdoor venues already - what the area lacks is a good air conditioned pub restaurant serving good food at resaonable prices (not cheap, not expensive) - bit similar to what you would get at Shenanigans, Rosie O'Gradies and jamiesons etc, but without needing to go into town.

Without seeing the room product, I'd also be inclined to think that your room pricing is a little on the high side - for that price, you can stay at somewhere like the Woodlands Resort - might be worth doing some homework on how the product will match the pricing - i.e your pitching yourself higher than Horseshoe Point on these prices and they have loads of facilities.

You basically have the Peacock and Horseshoe Point as the only options until this resort opens. Peacock used to be about 500 baht a night but I'm sure its gone up since then. Horseshoe Point is another option - huge estate, big pool, lots of facilities. They have a website but not sure of the address - just google Horseshoe Point, Pattaya.

Hi Digger,

We're on the same wavelength here :o We will indeed have a bit more upmarket airconditioned restaurant/pub, as the choice around the lake is a bit limited at the moment...

The very complete overall experience will be our main selling point, as having everything you need available is pretty important around this area. No internet cafe's, no or very few taxi's here means that we will have to supply all this.

All our facilities, including transport to and from Pattaya will be completely free to our guests. As such I think our pricing is very competitive.

I don't see how we would be pitching our prices higher then Horsheshoe Point, since their rooms are priced between 3800 and 6000 Baht/night, while we are between 1590 and 3180 Baht per night.

If my math is still OK I would say we cost around half of what Horsheshoe charges.

Admittedly they are located on much bigger premises and they have better sporting facilities, especially the equestrian stuff...

Cheers

Hi Mabprachanresort,

I'll be fascinated to know how you solve the internet problems. It's bit of a nightmare out here. Too far out for broadband and Ipstar will send you straight to the nervous breakdown ward. I survive with dial up and taking tranquilizers before I turn on the Ipstar, but I'm not runnig a business.

The pub idea sounds great. I'll be your first customer, and I have family lined up coming out later in the year. Keep us posted. :o

Edited by Mobi D'Ark

Hi Digger,

We're on the same wavelength here :o We will indeed have a bit more upmarket airconditioned restaurant/pub, as the choice around the lake is a bit limited at the moment...

The very complete overall experience will be our main selling point, as having everything you need available is pretty important around this area. No internet cafe's, no or very few taxi's here means that we will have to supply all this.

All our facilities, including transport to and from Pattaya will be completely free to our guests. As such I think our pricing is very competitive.

I don't see how we would be pitching our prices higher then Horsheshoe Point, since their rooms are priced between 3800 and 6000 Baht/night, while we are between 1590 and 3180 Baht per night.

If my math is still OK I would say we cost around half of what Horsheshoe charges.

Admittedly they are located on much bigger premises and they have better sporting facilities, especially the equestrian stuff...

Cheers

I think your looking at 'Rack rate' versus market rate for Horseshoe Point. I just looked at the first booking engine that came into my head (www.asiarooms.com) and they are quoting 1788 baht as their low season rate incl tax, service & breakfast. I seem to remember rates direct with Horseshoe point around 1600 baht net but that was about 1 year ago. I looked at a conference there and they offered rates of 1200 baht a night - the hotel is struggling occupancy wise (and with over 200 rooms its not so surprising) so the rates are low. Something to keep in mind.

• 1 month later...

I went to the Maprachan Resort yesterday to have a meeting with Monty and Jim the owners.

I was impressed at how far it has got since I last went to look about 6 weeks ago.It's really starting to take shape.

The huge air conned bar will be open in 2 or 3 weeks time .

The rest of it will be open about 4 weeks later.

You've got to go and check this place out when it opens ,there isn't another place like it around the lake,or in the area as far as I know.

I for one shall be reserving my seat at the bar.

Now then Monty , about that case of beer you mentioned.......... :o

Have been hearing voices whispering inside your head again Mantra??? :o:D

We're already planning a little opening party, and I have this strange feeling that copious amounts of mind altering liquids are going to be involved :D